Famous Olympic Gold Image 2?

During the Duke-VT game the broadcasters showed the well known photo of Coach K with the gold medals around his neck. Great Image. But whenever I see this photo, I think there is another great image from the Olympic medal ceremony that seems to get overlooked. It is the team getting their medals and first in line on the podium is Carlos Boozer. Here is the video of the medal ceremony. //www.nbcolympics.com/basketball/?forcereload=true

As great as the Coach K medals photo is, Boozer being first in line to get the gold medal is, to me, just as great and also a tribute to Coach K's coaching of the Olympic team. It shows the team understood the importance of the role Boozer played as well. Having the "Coach's guy from Duke" be the last guy off the bench, helped take away playing time and ego issues and to make a team instead of a group of NBA stars. Boozer in effect served as anchorman for the team, meaning no one else could very well complain about playing time, favoritism or some other divisive issue. This is no small contribution (e,g. Brown and AI) and it probably took a high degree of trust between the player and the coach to do it.

Nice the team thought enough of this to have Boozer first in line to get his medal, right before Kidd and Lebron. So perhaps this should also be a famous Olympic gold medal image, especially to Duke fans who appreciate how Coach K coaches and the relationship he has to his players. Nice job Carlos!!

Two thoughts without checking;

Does "B"oozer come first alphabetically?

Does he have the lowest number on the team?

I would say either of those would have more impact than him being a Duke guy, but anything is possible!

Also, K didn't have all 12 medals around his neck.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Ash View Post
    Two thoughts without checking;

Does "B"oozer come first alphabetically?

Does he have the lowest number on the team?

I would say either of those would have more impact than him being a Duke guy, but anything is possible!

Also, K didn't have all 12 medals around his neck.
    I had the same thought about you with the alphabet thing but remembered that Carmelo was on the team and that Anthony comes before Boozer.

I hadn't thought about the number thing but a quick check shows that Carlos was first numerically. I like the Duke selflessness story but would be inclined to believe that that Carlos was first because they received their medals in numerical order.

Quote Originally Posted by tbyers11 View Post
    I hadn't thought about the number thing but a quick check shows that Carlos was first numerically. I like the Duke selflessness story but would be inclined to believe that that Carlos was first because they received their medals in numerical order.
    I watched the first few seconds of the US team getting its medals and they order was Boozer, Kidd, James, Williams... which corresponds with their numerical order (as other posters have theorized).