View Poll Results: Who impressed the most?

Voters
118. You may not vote on this poll
  • Nolan Smith

3 2.54%
  • Greg Paulus

2 1.69%
  • Jon Scheyer

3 2.54%
  • Elliot Williams

0 0%
  • Marty Pocius

0 0%
  • Gerald Henderson

8 6.78%
  • Kyle Singler

94 79.66%
  • Dave McClure

3 2.54%
  • Lance Thomas

2 1.69%
  • Brian Zoubek

3 2.54%
  • Miles Plumlee

0 0%

Man of the Match vs. Virginia Tech

Didn't see one of these yet.

2. Quote Originally Posted by CameronCrazy'11 View Post
    Didn't see one of these yet.
    lol .. I was just now trying to figure out how to make one!

Kyle is solid

Voted for Kyle. He just doesn't play like a soph. Has the offense and defense to be one of the best ever at Duke. Go Duke!

Quote Originally Posted by jv001 View Post
    Voted for Kyle. He just doesn't play like a soph. Has the offense and defense to be one of the best ever at Duke. Go Duke!
    Yeah, that kid is special. There's some real estate for him in the rafters of Cameron if he wants it.

I didn't think that Kyle had a great game, but he was the best we had. That, in my view, speaks volumes about how good he is and can be.

Quote Originally Posted by jv001 View Post
    I concur. I just hope we can convince him to stay. I gotta admit I was impressed by several tonight though. Almost all had some very good moments. Gerald really seems to be stepping into his role. I think we are coming together more and more as a team...Almost forgot GTHC GTH GTHC GTH GTHC GTH...Now back to your regularly scheduled program.

Singler

Singler was the star of the game. Except for too many turnovers- an excellent overall game.

I voted for Singler but one thing bothers me. He played 37 minutes today and wasn't pulled until very late. If we don't want him to wear down like last season he should play fewer minutes. I think he could have been pulled with 5 to go.

This one was pretty easy to call, it was Coach K! That timeout he called early in the 2nd half saved the game.

Since Coach K, isn't listed on the poll I had to go with Kyle, who had a very nice game.

Singler struggled to play his style of basketball today. But he carried the team through the decisive 2nd half stretch by taking what the defense gave, and that is a wonderful thing.

Quote Originally Posted by RainingThrees View Post
    I voted for Singler but one thing bothers me. He played 37 minutes today and wasn't pulled until very late.
    I think that as other posters have said in the past, Kyle is playing a lot of minutes this year, but he's also not the "main" big banging down low with other bigs. So is extended minutes are probably not as "wearing" on him as last year. Plus, he's much stronger, older, and probably better conditioned too I voted for Kyle...

Quote Originally Posted by gep View Post
    I think that as other posters have said in the past, Kyle is playing a lot of minutes this year, but he's also not the "main" big banging down low with other bigs. So is extended minutes are probably not as "wearing" on him as last year. Plus, he's much stronger, older, and probably better conditioned too I voted for Kyle...
    With Z and Thomas in foul trouble, and Plumlee watching on the bench (naturally), Kyle had to play 5 with McClure the 4 for quite some time. We need Z and Lance to stay in the game!

Clearly Kyle Singler again.

Duke had the top 3 in metrics and 4 of the top 5:

Rating Player
    86 Kyle Singler, F
    67 Gerald Henderson, G-F
    55 Jon Scheyer, G
    52 Malcolm Delaney, G
    50 TOTALS-Duke
    50 Nolan Smith, G
    45 Cheick Diakite, C
    38 A.D. Vassallo, G-F
    35 Jeff Allen, F
    31 Brian Zoubek, C
    29 TOTALS-VA Tech
    26 J.T. Thompson, F
    25 Dorenzo Hudson, G
    24 David McClure, F
    23 Hank Thorns, G
    18 Greg Paulus, G
    14 Lance Thomas, F
    11 Lewis Witcher, F
    09 Victor Davila, F
    06 Terrell Bell, G-F
    03 Martynas Pocius, G
    03 Elliot Williams, G
    03 Miles Plumlee, F
    01 Terrance Vinson, F

Singler is our best player. Tonight he was out best player. Close to a triple-double, it is hard to not be excited about his play tonight. Hell of an opening day in ACC IMO.

Great ACC start

This was an excellent beginning to the ACC season. Defense was fantastic and our rebounding continues to be much improved over last year. Three pointers are now just another weapon not our main weapon(37.5%). Sixteen assisted baskets. Free throws..evident that when our best shooters go to the line, we hit a good percentage 19-20(95%). I like the motion offense in that we don't just stand around while someone dribbles the paint off the floor. Good job Coach K..great timeout to get the guys going again. Zoubs played well except for fouls. The offense runs smoother with him in the lineup. I have no worry over the mins that Williams and Miles are getting as long as they keep their heads up. Go Duke!

Paulus put in key minutes; played exceptional on-ball defense; and hit the back-breaker.

You got my vote, Greg.

The best part of Kyle's game was his passing/assists. He tends to force it when other guys are open. This had to be his career high ( 7 ) assist game.

Quote Originally Posted by CameronCrazy'11 View Post
    Yeah, that kid is special. There's some real estate for him in the rafters of Cameron if he wants it.
    Agreed. He seems to keep getting better. I just hope that he continues playing like this in March.

Vote for Singler

Kyle was the best but I love what McClure is doing this year.