The Official APRIL, FOOLS! (for male and female threading)

Please post how you fooled everyone here as it is now officially April Fools (as the eastern hemisphere will tell you).

If you didn't April fools anyone (which shouldn't be anyone), please let us know how you were April fooled fool!

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    I'm going in an hour early tomorrow to work so I can change everyone's desktop wallpaper to say "You have been Conficked, we have everything". For those that don't know, I work at a computer repair shop.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

I've heard another good desktop-background prank - take a screenshot of the desktop, make that the background image, then remove all the icons and hide the taskbar. Folks try and click on the image, and nothing works.

Don't forget to also put tape on the optical mouse.

Or for those with the old fashioned roller ball mouse - neuter it!

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    Or for those with the old fashioned roller ball mouse - neuter it!
    Our other tech told me that back in the day, he'd go in and swap the wheel sensors on the office mice, so they'd go 90 degrees in the wrong direction.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

tape down the hook on office phones and call the person (preferrably from an outside line so they can't see who's calling)

I got got

A co-worker emailed me an invitation to a Pampered Chef party. As I was silently cussing her out, I scrolled down to see a bunch of hot naked guys using various kitchen utensils. Now I wish it weren't a joke. Damn!

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    Our other tech told me that back in the day, he'd go in and swap the wheel sensors on the office mice, so they'd go 90 degrees in the wrong direction.
    Way back in the day you could remap a key board - worked best if you only did on or two keys...like swapping the 'e' and 'r'
    Windsor (aka Loni)

a wasted youth is better by far than a wise and productive old age

I think the BBC wins for best April Fools pranks followed closely by SI:

In the 50s, the BBC aired a story about the spaghetti harvest and showed people picking the spaghetti off trees. Apparently they got calls about where to get the trees.

Last year, the BBC aired a story about flying penguins.

SI - Sidd Finch was a classic.

One of my favorites is to tape down the handle on the kitchen sink sprayer with Scotch tape. When someone turns on the water to rinse out a coffee cup or wash their hands it sprays from the sprayer instead of coming out of the tap. Gets the victim soaking wet and works everytime.

The best one I actually heard was a few years back when a couple of DJ's was telling everyone that the State of NC had created a law banning smoking in your car. Hilarious!!!

One of my teachers, who is the high school football coach, called one of the assistant coaches today and told him that a recruiter from a college in Indianapolis had called and he needed to call him back. He told him the man's name was Mr. Lyon. The catch was that he gave him the number to the Indianapolis Zoo (Mr. Lyon/Lion). I didn't hear how it ended up, but it had to be funny.

Quote Originally Posted by DukieBoy View Post
    One of my teachers, who is the high school football coach, called one of the assistant coaches today and told him that a recruiter from a college in Indianapolis had called and he needed to call him back. He told him the man's name was Mr. Lyon. The catch was that he gave him the number to the Indianapolis Zoo (Mr. Lyon/Lion). I didn't hear how it ended up, but it had to be funny.
    That reminds me, how is this guy not playing for Penn State?

My daughter, who is 9, came home with a math test that had a big, red "F" on it and the comment, "DID YOU EVEN STUDY?" My eyes bugged out when she showed it to me after I came home from work. Her timing was impeccable as she waited just long enough for me to be beside myself, but not long enough for me to freak out when she yelled, "April Fools!" I have to give her teacher a lot of credit for having a sense of humor. All of the parents of kids in her class were fooled.
    Rich
    "Failure is Not a Destination"
    Coach K on the Dan Patrick Show, December 22, 2016

Quote Originally Posted by hc5duke View Post
    That reminds me, how is this guy not playing for Penn State?

Same way he is from Kansas City, KS and his high school is Coastal Christian School. Somehow, I have not found the coast around these parts.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    My daughter, who is 9, came home with a math test that had a big, red "F" on it and the comment, "DID YOU EVEN STUDY?" My eyes bugged out when she showed it to me after I came home from work. Her timing was impeccable as she waited just long enough for me to be beside myself, but not long enough for me to freak out when she yelled, "April Fools!" I have to give her teacher a lot of credit for having a sense of humor. All of the parents of kids in her class were fooled.
    I like your kids! They got you several times on 4/1.

I like your kids! They got you several times on 4/1.
    I've already begun to plan my revenge for next year!
    Rich
    "Failure is Not a Destination"
    Coach K on the Dan Patrick Show, December 22, 2016

Same way he is from Kansas City, KS and his high school is Coastal Christian School. Somehow, I have not found the coast around these parts.
    Edgar Cayce said it would be on the way. A personal future life reading told him he would be born on the coast of Nebraska.

Quote Originally Posted by captmojo View Post
    Edgar Cayce said it would be on the way. A personal future life reading told him he would be born on the coast of Nebraska.
    So, how far west do I need to go to buy this beach front property? Or will it be on the east side? I hope it isn't going to be the southern part of NE cuz then I'm in real trouble.

So, how far west do I need to go to buy this beach front property? Or will it be on the east side? I hope it isn't going to be the southern part of NE cuz then I'm in real trouble.
    Sorry. That's all I remember of it. Maybe you'll get lucky and the new coastline will run right along your existing line.