Thread: Deal Alert

Deal Alert

At Thanksgiving, WalMart had a 32" LCD TV on sale (5 per store only, some really unheard of brand) for under $400, about $50 below the common price I've seen at the big box discounters. I was expecting some similar (very) early morning deal on Friday and I've been looking for that as a gift.

Today at Costco they had a 32" Vizio for $389. No shortage of quantities, no getting up early, no lines (except at the checkouts, about 6 to 8 people deep at each open checkout.) This is not the latest 1080p unit, which costs considerably more, but it was what I was looking for and should be well "received".
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com

Quote Originally Posted by OZZIE4DUKE View Post
    This is not the latest 1080p unit, which costs considerably more, but it was what I was looking for and should be well "received".
    With a 32" TV, 1080p is not necessarily a necessity. I have a 42" Phillips that 1080p and I love it. But one of my relatives has a 37" Vizio that is not 1080p (next step down, 720?) and it is really hard, if not impossible, to tell the difference in the picture. So I would think that saving $$$ not buying the 1080 model is a great buy, because it is difficult/impossible to tell the difference anyway.

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    We went looking for a small tv for my stepson, not an LCD, just a 13" CRT. Out of 4 stores, we only found one that had a set for under $100. Roses had refurbished models for $90, we were really surprised that those wouldn't have been much cheaper. The cheapest WalMart had that sized TV was $130. I would have thought with LCD's being marketed with the prices Ozzie mentioned the old CRT's would be much cheaper.

A note about the price Ozzie did see. I saw that advertised for the day after Thanksgiving, and a story in the news about the price. They basically are giving the set away. It costs the company close to $300 just to make it, then you figure in shipping and handling costs, the retailer is not making squat. But they do get you in the store, and hopefully you will buy other stuff.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."