Roku Netflix player

Has anyone used the Roku Netflix player that let's you download Netflix movies directly to a player that plays it to your TV? It's only $99 and seems like it would be a great gift for any Netflix junkie.

Some questions:

1. Do you have access to the entire Netflix archives? I know not everything is not in HD, but generally, is everything available?
    2. How long does it take to download an average movie?
    3. Are there any additional costs to your monthly Netflix costs?

I've had a hard time reading trustworthy reviews or product descriptions and was curious if anyone here had used one.

Thanks!
    Scott

Roku player

I have one and its great.
    First, you are not downloading movies but streaming them from the netflix website. Their entire library is not available for "Instant Viewing", however they just signed an agreement with Starz and their choices are very good.
    You have an Instant queue as well as the normal DVD queue and the roku player will only see those items in your instant queue. You must still manipulate that queue via and internet browser, the roku player does not have that option.
    There were enough choices on the instant viewing that we were able to downshift slightly on our overall netflix plan. I'd recommend getting it.

also

No additional costs to the plan other than the one time cost of buying the player. You just need to be on one of the unlimited plans with Netflix and this option is bonus currently. I believe they eventually want all their service to go this route but right now its not extra cost.
    Our connection is Fios and there is no delay on getting the movies.

Thanks! Very helpful. Sounds easy to use, too. My grandmother is a Netflix addict, so this just cuts out the middle man a bit. Her TV is a bit old and only has RCA cables, but I assume that is OK?

The Roku is probably a good choice for your grandmother, but for others out there, the Roku is not the only device that can stream Netflix movies from their website. Xbox 360 and Tivo HD are 2 other devices that can do this, so if you already have them, it's a great addition. My wife watched a streaming movie on our Tivo HD when I was at work a few nights ago and said there was no lag on our Comcast cable modem connection. I mention these devices so that if you have one of them, you wouldn't have to buy the Roku player as a standalone device.

I've been using the Netflix player on my Xbox lately and while it works well, the movie selection is pretty poor. You rarely get new releases, unless it's being played on STARZ. Expect lots of 80s movies and not so good ones at that.

It's a nice feature, but I'm not sure I'd pay $100 for it. I'd rather put that towards an increase in the number of DVDs you can have at a time.