Spanarkel and Gminski doing Purdue/Davidson

The game on CBS isn't much of a contest, but the banter has been pretty good. Spanarkle brought up Joe Barry Carroll and Jack Givens, who lit up GMan.

Quote Originally Posted by BD80 View Post
    The game on CBS isn't much of a contest, but the banter has been pretty good. Spanarkle brought up Joe Barry Carroll and Jack Givens, who lit up GMan.
    Yeah, caught some of the commentary, but got switched to a more competitive UCon/Gonzaga game.

Spanarkel was razzing G-man for not picking up a dinner check...said he'd never seen a 6'11" guy with shorter arms...lol.

For those of us who go back a ways, Scheyer's good, smart all-around game is very reminiscent of Spanarkel's play.

Watched a good bit of the UConn/Gonzaga game. The Zags should have won in regulation, but props to UConn for great defense. I thought the announcing team was excellent. They talked about the game, only the game, and the game all the time. Seemed to know what they were talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by roywhite View Post
    Yeah, caught some of the commentary, but got switched to a more competitive UCon/Gonzaga game.

Spanarkel was razzing G-man for not picking up a dinner check...said he'd never seen a 6'11" guy with shorter arms...lol.

For those of us who go back a ways, Scheyer's good, smart all-around game is very reminiscent of Spanarkel's play.
    That's a good comparison but Jon is faster with better hops. However Jim was one of our best players and like Jon seemed to be everywhere. Go Duke!

Can we please change the thread title so that Jim Spanarkel's name is spelled correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by mgtr View Post
    Watched a good bit of the UConn/Gonzaga game. The Zags should have won in regulation, but props to UConn for great defense. I thought the announcing team was excellent. They talked about the game, only the game, and the game all the time. Seemed to know what they were talking about.
    I think that was Gus Johnson and Greg Anthony. It's weird hearing Anthony covering college games for CBS because I guess I was getting used to him on the NBA coverage with Tim Legler. Gus Johnson is funny to listen to in close games. I don't mind it at all, but it's like he becomes as much of a fan as a play-by-play announcer. I love the enthusiasm!

You are right about Johnson and Anthony, I saw their names at halftime, but forgot. They did a great job.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by jimsumner View Post
    Can we please change the thread title so that Jim Spanarkel's name is spelled correctly.
    J-I-M-M-Y is how it's spelled by my wife.

I love Jon but he is no Spanarkal. Number 34 should be retired

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by topps coach View Post
    I love Jon but he is no Spanarkal. Number 34 should be retired
    Okay jim, maybe Jim/Jimmy Spanarkel ought to be added to the spelling sticky.

And yes, he ought to have his number retired.