Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by jv001 View Post
    I have never seen so many awful shots in one game. All this negativity after a win. Well it was an ugly win. But it was a win. Go Duke!
    I made a comment during the snrubchat that I couldn't remember I'm a real wanker for saying this.I'm a real wanker for saying this.I'm a real wanker for saying this.I'm a real wanker for saying this.I'm a real wanker for saying this.ing so much about bad play during a game we were winning.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Enough bricks to build a house

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    Congrats to the ladies. Horrendous shooting, but luckily by both teams. Maybe Wooden snuck in and raised the rims. Excellent defense by Duke, it won the game for us. We have really got to improve our shooting though. I can't recall seeing so many shots missed from within 10'. I think this could have easily have been a double digit victory if even a third more of our close shots (including layups) had gone in. Still...absolutely amazing defense and a great win.
    Both teams weren't just missing, they weren't even close. Luckily, Stanford was also bad from the foul line. Duke pressure caused a lot of turnovers, but our ball security was not so good either. Lots of learning to do. Good win nevertheless.

I thought it was a big win for Coach P/McCallie. http://bluedevilnation.net/?p=1463

She has implemented her defensive style and that style and physical play drove Stanford nuts.

Great write-up Watzone. Excellent win for the program, I think given the similarities between the schools this is going to be important for recruiting.

Second chance

There's an interesting stat at the bottom of the box score: Duke outscored Stanford 12-1 on second chance points. Impressive.

"I think that Abby made three of her first four shots, which kept Duke in the game in the beginning. I was hoping that she would have a breakout game, but after that she was 0-8."

Abby got off to a hot start when she was playing off the ball. Then KJ and Jas picked up two fouls and Abby moved to the point. And her offense disappeared. I don't think that's a coincidence.

McCallie has said early and often that she wants to keep Abby at the 2 as much as possible this season. But the injuries to Jas and Chelsea have forced her hand. I think keeping AW at the 2 would help her achieve and maintain some offensive consistency.

7. dwhoops coverage

Some of you may not be aware of dwhoops.com, the only website solely devoted to coverage of the women's team. Here's a link to our coverage of the Stanford game:

http://www.dwhoops.com/0809/0812160-...Stanford52.php

That link takes you to my nutshell take on the game, and from there you can click on my game recap, Orin Day's photos, a player-by-player analysis and the boxscore.

Is anyone thinking about going to the games this Fri/Sat at USC?

"Some of you may not be aware of dwhoops.com, the only website solely devoted to coverage of the women's team. Here's a link to our coverage of the Stanford game"

Rob and Orin do an excellent job and I highly recommend this site.

Sports coverage in the Chronicle... The Chronicle of Higher Education, that is. Column by John Jackson, Jr...Go Duke Blue Devils!?!

I know how he feels. It's been almost 12 years since I left, and I still follow the women's team.

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by jimsumner View Post
    "Some of you may not be aware of dwhoops.com, the only website solely devoted to coverage of the women's team. Here's a link to our coverage of the Stanford game"

Rob and Orin do an excellent job and I highly recommend this site.
    Thanks for the link Jim, had no idea that site existed.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."