• Meow!

14 29.17%
  • Can't we all just get along?

8 16.67%
  • Get 'em off my yard!

3 6.25%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Cat person or dog person?

A vague tension between the cat people and dog people on DBR seems to bubble up from time to time. It's high time for the dramatis personae to out themselves.

Vote only for yourself, but if you're in a split household, by all means elaborate.

Totally a dog person. The bigger, the better too. I miss my Doberman My fiance and I can't wait to get our first. Probably just be a pound puppy this time.

Airedales Rule

Love the breed...spunk, "personified."

My guy is a retired champion - did his time on the circuit, and now is the spoiled king of my house.

Dogs. Not even close. Why buy a pet thats just going to ignore you all the time like cats do?

Quote Originally Posted by UVaAmbassador View Post
    Dogs. Not even close. Why buy a pet thats just going to ignore you all the time like cats do?
    Cats only ignore you if you raise them that way. All three of mine are very affectionate. The boy is the most demanding for affection and always, always, curls up with me at night. Suffice to say, he is most definitely a momma's boy.

I like that cats are independent and can function when I'm not there. Thank God they don't depend on me to get home at the same time every night so I can let them out to do their business.

I marked why can't we all just get along...currently I own two cats so tend to stick to that side.

Married a cat lover

I grew up without pets and am indifferent to both, but allergic to cats.

My husband grew up with cats and had two until we got married

I feel really bad that he doesn't have his beloved cats**, so maybe when we get a house he have some outdoors? Does that even work?

**By beloved cats, I mean that cats to him are like catnip to cats. He reads http://icanhascheezburger.com/ daily. When we go on walks, he sees within several blocks and tries to play with all of them.

Talking High anxiety!

Quote Originally Posted by hurleyfor3 View Post
    A vague tension between the cat people and dog people on DBR seems to bubble up from time to time. It's high time for the dramatis personae to out themselves.

Vote only for yourself, but if you're in a split household, by all means elaborate.
    "Vague tension"?

Basic Math: Dogs > Cats

Dogs! I have 2 dogs, and they're excellent pets. I would lay down in front of the train for my dogs. But then they would rescue me.

I like cats, in the wild. My favorite cat is a bobcat. I've seen them up close in the wild, and they're like a house cat on steroids.

Personally, I think house cats are for the wine and cheese crowd. JMHO.

I don't see it as an either/or. I lkie themn both, but for very different reasons. However, as my wife is allergic to cats we are a dog household all the way.

Dogs rule

I have had both, like both, but am an over-the-top dog person. I had a dog-sitting business when younger and without a dog just so I could get some dog time. My boys are at my parents' right now while I recover from shoulder surgery, and I CAN'T STAND IT!

However, I must say that we had a Siamese cat who acted very much like a dog (would come when called and obeyed other commands), and my boys act very much like a cat at times (rubbing me with their head, using a doggy litter box).

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by allenmurray View Post
    I don't see it as an either/or. I lkie themn both, but for very different reasons. However, as my wife is allergic to cats we are a dog household all the way.
    What he said!

Now as for chocolate chip cookies ...

I like both. Had both growing up (fish & gerbils too, but that's another story...).

Would love to have a dog, but currently have only a cat due to my wonderful work schedule.

Where does a cat that thinks she's a dog fit on the sliding scale?

Quote Originally Posted by BlueDevilBaby View Post
    I have had both, like both, but am an over-the-top dog person. I had a dog-sitting business when younger and without a dog just so I could get some dog time. My boys are at my parents' right now while I recover from shoulder surgery, and I CAN'T STAND IT!

However, I must say that we had a Siamese cat who acted very much like a dog (would come when called and obeyed other commands), and my boys act very much like a cat at times (rubbing me with their head, using a doggy litter box).
    BDB's title was Dogs rule. Actually it is Cats rule, dogs drool. If your cat is drooling, its probably rabid.

Cats are evil. They make my chest constrict and make me feel like I'm going to die of asphyxiation. Other than that they're ok I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Lavabe View Post
    "Vague tension"?
    See posts #4 and #15. I think we need to get our cano-feline animosities out in the open.

We have both, an outside cat that is mean and an inside tan Dachshund named Duke. The dog is a great pet, the cat is just downright mean. I guess that makes me a dog person.
    Tom Mac

Hating an animal is an utter waste of energy. Posting about it is an even greater waste of energy.

I have two cats but I also love dogs.

Quote Originally Posted by hurleyfor3 View Post
    See posts #4 and #15. I think we need to get our cano-feline animosities out in the open.
    It seems like there are more cat haters than dog haters. In fact, I haven't seen on post hating on dogs. Guess that means cat lovers are better lovers overall.

Quote Originally Posted by TillyGalore View Post
    It seems like there are more cat haters than dog haters. In fact, I haven't seen on post hating on dogs. Guess that means cat lovers are better lovers overall.
    Or maybe it means:

cat people are devoid of human emotion?

cat people don't tell you what they really think?

cat people aren't really people at all?

everybody loves dogs!