Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Signifcant others and DBR

My guy sometimes becomes annoyed with my DBR addiction. Do any of you have the same situation? I wouldn't really call it a problem, although he might .

Quote Originally Posted by DukePA View Post
    My guy sometimes becomes annoyed with my DBR addiction. Do any of you have the same situation? I wouldn't really call it a problem, although he might .
    My guy, who happens to be a member of DBR, though not a frequent poster, has no probs with my "addiction" to DBR. I give him the daily scoop of who posted what, not to mention my off DBR relationships with DBR posters.

I wonder if your guy's issue is that the site encourages and promotes our love for Duke and all things Duke, especially basketball, and he's a Holes fan.

Quote Originally Posted by TillyGalore View Post
    My guy, who happens to be a member of DBR, though not a frequent poster, has no probs with my "addiction" to DBR. I give him the daily scoop of who posted what, not to mention my off DBR relationships with DBR posters.

I wonder if your guy's issue is that the site encourages and promotes our love for Duke and all things Duke, especially basketball, and he's a Holes fan.
    I don't think that's it because I told him when we met that I am a rabid Duke fan. GTHC, GTH!! 9F

My wife has no problem with me reading and posting on DBR. I also post on my undergraduate's sport's board and my wife and I have tailgated with some of the other posters. She likes the people and understands we are sharing the same obsession.

My significant other is a lurker here. He reads what I post, and we talk about what's on the boards from time to time. He's even met some of my DBR buds in person. I don't think he's bothered by my addiction.

Hi, honey bear! *MUAH*

ILoveJimmy favors the DBR. She's a big fan of EarlJam!

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    My DBR addiction pales to her WOW addiction. So I win.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

What addiction?

Quote Originally Posted by DukePA View Post
    +1. Mr. DA isn't much of a sports fan, so he doesn't quite get my Duke love, nor why I spend so much virtual time hanging out with those who do.

But, he's a man who can take 5 nights of online reading to research a flashlight for diving, so he can't really take issue with me spending time pursuing my interests online.

I don't have an SO.

Mine got weirded out when I went and hung out with other members of the Atlanta Mafia. She had the "you're hanging out with people from the internet?" approach.

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by sue71 View Post
    I don't have an SO.
    Write your number on the back of the tickets that the good looking ones pick up. (or the ones wearing Duke shirts that get tix for the women's game!)
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    Write your number on the back of the tickets that the good looking ones pick up. (or the ones wearing Duke shirts that get tix for the women's game!)
    Subtle... ethical... hmmm what else?

My latest ex-girlfriend was a Kentucky fan, so she obviously didn't get DBR. But seriously, she knew of my semi-addiction, as well as my internet friends. She met EarlJam (and maybe a couple of other DBRers?).
    My next ex-girlfriend just needs to know up front that I'm enough of a nerd to have internet friends and "hang out" here.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by ugadevil View Post
    Mine got weirded out when I went and hung out with other members of the Atlanta Mafia. She had the "you're hanging out with people from the internet?" approach.
    Weirded out by little ol' us?

My wife gets a little annoyed sometimes, like when the kids are swinging from the chandeliers while I'm posting. I figure, "hey, boys will be boys." She yells like Helen Parr "Bob, ENGAGE!" (only she yells "Joe" instead of "Bob", but you get the point)

Quote Originally Posted by sue71 View Post
    I don't have an SO.
    Me either, but my dogs get a little peeved at me if I'm DBRing and not paying attention to them. They are needy little fellas.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueDevilBaby View Post
    Me either, but my dogs get a little peeved at me if I'm DBRing and not paying attention to them. They are needy little fellas.
    My cats get more peeved at my DBR activity than my SO.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by TillyGalore View Post
    My cats get more peeved at my DBR activity than my SO.
    That's because they want in on the DBR NASCAR Fantasy League.

Quote Originally Posted by Lavabe View Post
    That's because they want in on the DBR NASCAR Fantasy League.
    More teams for me to beat.