Quote Originally Posted by Cormac View Post
I miss it as well. Sorkin and Bradley Whitford are always good for some laughs. I'm hoping Sorkin can kick his drug habit and turn things in on time, so they don't have to keep killing his shows.
Actually, I think Sorkin did some of his best work while high. (Disclaimer: This should not be interpreted, nor is it intended, as an endorsement of illicit drug use by anyone. Just one person's observation.)

For the Sorkinophiles out there, Bravo airs episodes of The West Wing at 8:00 AM and 9:00 AM each weekday. The past couple of weeks, they've been running through Season 2, which for my money was the absolulte pinnacle of that show. Just about every episode that season was very well done, especially the second half of the season, starting with "Noel" (the Christmas episode in which Josh is suffering from PTSD and sits with a psychologist played by Adam Arkin, and Yo-Yo Ma has a special appearance). I've been Tivoing the episodes and watching them in the evening -- today they showed the two final episodes of Season 2, "18th and Potomac" and "The Two Cathedrals," the latter of which features the stirring scene in which President Bartlet cusses out God in Latin in the National Cathedral.

Regarding Chuck -- my wife and I also like that show and would hate to see it go. If NBC won't move it to another time slot on the parent network, it wouldn't shock me to see them move it to one of its sister cable networks, like USA. It actually might fit in with the other quirky action/comedy/crime-type shows there, like Monk and Psych (two others that my wife and I enjoy).

Another show I've been missing is Friday Night Lights. I understand that the third season shows are airing now on DirecTV (which, of course, I don't get), and will be re-aired on NBC in 2009.