Fun places you've had Duke

Hey all,

Just wondering what sorts of interesting places you've proclaimed your Duke love!

Every year a Duke santa hat tops our Christmas tree... however, the best so far has been my wifes Duke garter she wore for our wedding

How about all of you?

I have a Duke Christmas tree with blue lights, 2 strings of basketball-shaped lights, and various Duke ornaments. I used to put all of those ornaments on my big tree, but a few years ago, I decided to buy another tree and make it a Duke-only tree.

I also wore one of those Duke garters when I got married.

If it's got Duke on it, I probably have it--flags, stickers, clothing, notepads, art work, charms on my charm bracelet, earrings, bicycle license plate, car license plate, e-mail address. I <3 Duke!

I have a Duke basketball lapel pin on my white coat so that my patients know where my loyalties are. I also have a Duke wrist watch, license plates, etc . . .

Quote Originally Posted by CathyCA View Post
    I also wore one of those Duke garters when I got married.
    Pretty sure I did too although it was so long ago I can't remember for sure. It certainly would have fit in with the theme promoted by me and my Best Woman.

Quote Originally Posted by merry View Post
    Pretty sure I did too although it was so long ago I can't remember for sure. It certainly would have fit in with the theme promoted by me and my Best Woman.
    Merry, that is precious! You even had blue flowers in your bouquet, and your attendant wore a Duke blue skirt!

I know another bride whose bridesmaids wore Duke blue dresses.

Smile

My daughter's license plate holder is "Duke Alum" and her license plate is DUKE MMI (2001). We have two signed BBs from the 2001 team.

I have a Duke "Silly Slammer" which says "...seeee ya", and a blue devil rubber duckie -- which I recently (and reluctantly) gave to my 5 month-old granddaughter to play with in the bathtub. But...she has to give it back to me ASAP.

I had a fabulous Duke Blue Devil cake made for Kent & Alex's (both class '01) wedding rehearsal dinner. Very cool. I'm thinkin' I should send a pic to DBR.

And, of course, the number of T-shirts, visors, caps, etc. are numerous. Even here in SoCal, I'm amazed and excited about all the Duke stuff I encounter on a daily basis.

I've represented with my Duke Flag in three cities on the West Coast. I also sport the Duke Calendar in my office. I even managed to get a guy in my office interested in Duke. It's kinda tough to get an office full of software developers, that grew up in San Diego, to even acknowledge college basketball exists.

Quote Originally Posted by CathyCA View Post
    I know another bride whose bridesmaids wore Duke blue dresses.
    Hmmm...I wonder who that would be? And might she and her maid of honor have danced "Devil with a Blue Dress" at the reception? (Requisite Duke garter was worn, too!)

Great picture, Merry!

Quote Originally Posted by devil84 View Post
    Hmmm...I wonder who that would be? And might she and her maid of honor have danced "Devil with a Blue Dress" at the reception? (Requisite Duke garter was worn, too!)

Great picture, Merry!
    YES!

This is my 500th post.

Quote Originally Posted by devil84 View Post

Great picture, Merry!
    Does this count? My wife and I were sent off from our reception to a chorus of "Awwwwww See Ya!"

-jk

My ditz gene is over-expressing itself again. How could I forget the most awesome Duke thing I have: My Duke blue, checker board striped Mini Cooper with a front Duke license plate in a Duke alumni plate holder. One of my Tar Heel co-workers said "your Duke mobile looks good," to which I responded, "it kills you to say that, doesn't it?" Yep, my Fiona Tauiliili is one good looking car! I couldn't resist the name : )

GO DUKE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by -jk View Post
    Does this count? My wife and I were sent off from our reception to a chorus of "Awwwwww See Ya!"

-jk
    THAT is magnificent!

Quote Originally Posted by DukePA View Post
    My ditz gene is over-expressing itself again. How could I forget the most awesome Duke thing I have: My Duke blue, checker board striped Mini Cooper with a front Duke license plate in a Duke alumni plate holder. One of my Tar Heel co-workers said "your Duke mobile looks good," to which I responded, "it kills you to say that, doesn't it?" Yep, my Fiona Tauiliili is one good looking car! I couldn't resist the name : )

GO DUKE!!!
    That is one awesome car!

You also forgot to mention that all 4 stories of your house are festooned in Duke Blue icicle lights.

Smile Duke Pride

Mine has to be my NC license plate - GTHC. I've had it for 20+ years now and it's still fun to enrage UNC fans and thrill ABC fans with it!!!

Back of The Saab for 24/7 support. If I see a Heel car up ahead, I hit the Turbo baby and smoke 'em.

locations: t-shirts in Japan, Jekyll Island, Georgia, Key West, Florida, DisneyWorld, many North and South Carolina beaches, Indiana, California, Texas.

Sold my Hobie Cat 16 foot a couple years ago when I got into kiteboarding, but I had several Duke stickers on the mast!

My (former) damned housekeeper LOST my favorite Duke cat-in-the-hat telescoping hat and I used to cut the grass in that thing to get the grins and giggles in the 'hood.

dth.