Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Stop shooting the damn 3 pointer.

That simple.

cosign.

2-18 on 3's. Ugh!!!

I don't mind them taking the open 3's, but they need to stop forcing up bad shots. Hopefully the 2nd half will be different with Henderson back on the floor.

Why? Shooters should take open shots.

To be a great team we have to realize we're a mediocre team

at 3-point shooting. yes, we're not as bad as the 1st half, but look at the career percentages for everyone but paulus -- scheyer, singler, henderson, williams, pocius, mcclure. none of them are very good. i thought part of the problem at the end of last year, besides singler's wearing down, with his falling in love with floating on the perimeter and jacking up 3's several feet behind the line. our big 3 of singler, scheyer, and henderson are all more dangerous inside the arch. others can shoot open 3's with their feet set in the flow of the offense, but only paulus should be a true 3-point gunner on this team.

Quote Originally Posted by Coballs View Post
    2-18 on 3's. Ugh!!!
    Why in the world are we settling for 3 pointers? At one point we were 11-14 inside the arc and 1-15 outside it. We are so much more effective near the basket than we were last year. We need to take advantage of that. If we continue to launch 3 pointers early in the shot clock and don't force Michigan to play defense, it is going to be a long second half.

Quote Originally Posted by Indoor66 View Post
    I don't often disagree with you, Bob, but this time I think you are wrong. I think the talent differential is overwhelming. With the preparation time, I think this win is by more than the first.

I guess that is why these are called opinions.
    Still of the same thought?

Quote Originally Posted by Coballs View Post
    2-18 on 3's. Ugh!!!
    we must think we're playing lsu

Quote Originally Posted by yancem View Post
    Why in the world are we settling for 3 pointers? At one point we were 11-14 inside the arc and 1-15 outside it. We are so much more effective near the basket than we were last year. We need to take advantage of that. If we continue to launch 3 pointers early in the shot clock and don't force Michigan to play defense, it is going to be a long second half.
    The corner three is an easy shot. It's wide open. The reason we're getting so many open ones is because Michigan is denying us other shots. If we keep getting such open looks, we have to take them, and we have to knock them down.

Quote Originally Posted by yancem View Post
    If we had just handed them the ball every time we shot a three, we would only be down 8, and shooting, by my count, 12 for 15.

Good Grief.

(Yes yes, offensive rebounding, blah blah...)

why the hell is Paulus even in the game...his man his burning us and he's not hitting anything!

This is pathetic. Will Gerald Henderson please show up?

Still in trouble

Down low. We are better than last year, but we are making a mediocre Sims look like an All-America.

Most upsetting, we are playig their game. Unacceptable.

Oh, and the above poster is right. When Paulus isn't hitting, he brings very little to the table.

Great D by our guys.

These refs are so terrible and so biased. NOTHING they do is a foul.

I mean cmon, until 3 minutes ago there were 7 FTs shot in this game, 6 of them by UM.

I miss acc refs.
    <devildeac> anyone playing drinking games by now?
    7:49:36<Wander> drink every qb run?
    7:49:38<loran16> umm, drink every time asack rushes?
    7:49:38<wolfybeard> @devildeac: drink when Asack runs a keeper
    7:49:39 PM<CB&B> any time zack runs, drink

Carolina Delenda Est

why is everyone acting like this?

simply, we are missing shots we should hit. if we make those shots, everything else opens up. if we don't even shoot them, they can pack it in like they have been doing all game. you can say "go inside" all you want, but there is nowhere to go. we just have to make shots. lucky for us, this isn't the tournament and there is a lot more basketball to play this year.

the only thing i think we could do differently to counter their defensive strategy is have hendo post. he should be able to operate easily against anyone guarding him. actually, i think he should do that every game.

I'd like to bring up two points.

First, theyve been running a single play the entire 2nd half. The guy Lance/Zou(mainly Lance) goes toward the 3 point line and left or right (doesn't matter).

Our guy acts like a moron and follows him, and one of their players drives into the empty void and hits an easy 2.

Second, Gerald just killed us there with an off balence 2 with plenty of time on the clock. Seriously, think for a second before shooting.

Third, put Zoo in and go to a pressing zone. If we have any shot we need to do that.
    <devildeac> anyone playing drinking games by now?
    7:49:36<Wander> drink every qb run?
    7:49:38<loran16> umm, drink every time asack rushes?
    7:49:38<wolfybeard> @devildeac: drink when Asack runs a keeper
    7:49:39 PM<CB&B> any time zack runs, drink

Carolina Delenda Est

Big picture wise, it's good to see Beilein turning around the Michigan program. Our home and home with them should continue to produce good games in the future and prepare us for ACC and postseason play. It's better to get tested and lose than to not get tested at all.

clank