Question Front page photo

I know that is Jeff Mullins. It looks like Jay Buckley and Art Heyman or is the guy sitting down Hack Tison? What year was 44 Jeff's jersey retired?

Quote Originally Posted by heyman25 View Post
    I know that is Jeff Mullins. It looks like Jay Buckley and Art Heyman or is the guy sitting down Hack Tison? What year was 44 Jeff's jersey retired?
    I think you're correct in identifying Jeff Mullins, but that is not Art Heyman near the center of the photo. Artie's taller than that... compare the guy's height to the gal he's dancing with and with Jeff's height. Maybe it's Ray Cox.

Jeff's jersey was retired on December 6, 1994.

Almost sure it's Ray Cox

Ray, Jay Buckley and Jeff Mullins were fraternity brothers (Phi Kappa Sigma). Ray was the son of Duke tennis coach Bob Cox. Ray was a walk-on for the basketball team his entire time at Duke.

sagegrouse
    'Looks like one of those wild parties so prevalent in my era'

Quote Originally Posted by sagegrouse View Post
    Ray, Jay Buckley and Jeff Mullins were fraternity brothers (Phi Kappa Sigma). Ray was the son of Duke tennis coach Bob Cox. Ray was a walk-on for the basketball team his entire time at Duke.

sagegrouse
    'Looks like one of those wild parties so prevalent in my era'
    I can say with certainty that some of those parties got pretty wild. It was a different era, but not that different.

-jk

Quote Originally Posted by -jk View Post
    I can say with certainty that some of those parties got pretty wild. It was a different era, but not that different.

-jk
    Any discussion of wild fraternity parties is an empty recitation without mention of KA parties. ... and some Phi Delt parties.

If you want to talk about good parties in the sense of great bands and dancing, ZBT was without equal.

I can't quite make it out, but is that a dog under Jay's right hand? Duke?

Quote Originally Posted by Devil in the Blue Dress View Post
    Any discussion of wild fraternity parties is an empty recitation without mention of KA parties. ... and some Phi Delt parties.

If you want to talk about good parties in the sense of great bands and dancing, ZBT was without equal.
    I recognize the venue: the party wasn't a frat party, though it may have had as much beer. (And it wouldn't be advisable under today's NCAA rules, but that's a different issue.)

-jk

Quote Originally Posted by -jk View Post
    I recognize the venue: the party wasn't a frat party, though it may have had as much beer. (And it wouldn't be advisable under today's NCAA rules, but that's a different issue.)

-jk
    Where was this picture made? It looks so familiar, but I can't think of where I've seen it.