Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9171819
    I am distraught that a moderator felt it necessary to combine all the Lost threads into one. I do not like this practice or philosophy. This is not a personal attack.
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com

Quote Originally Posted by OZZIE4DUKE View Post
    I am distraught that a moderator felt it necessary to combine all the Lost threads into one. I do not like this practice or philosophy. This is not a personal attack.
    I agree...makes it very hard to enter this thread if one is ever an episode or 2 behind.

Quote Originally Posted by freshmanjs View Post
    I agree...makes it very hard to enter this thread if one is ever an episode or 2 behind.
    Agreed. I frequently watch LOST a couple or so days behind, so now I'll no longer be able to read/join any of the discussions here.

I also agree completely with Ozzie. It's just annoying. There have been weekly Lost threads since the show started. Why not just leave things the way they were?

Ha, I didn't catch until the credits that Nestor Carbonell (who plays Richard Alpert) was the narrator.

totally agree - since I also tend to watch a day or two behind - I could avoid spoilers by avoiding the current thread. Was it that big a deal to have one a week. WTF.
    Windsor (aka Loni)

a wasted youth is better by far than a wise and productive old age

Quote Originally Posted by JG Nothing View Post
    I also agree completely with Ozzie. It's just annoying. There have been weekly Lost threads since the show started. Why not just leave things the way they were?
    Someone brought up condensing the threads into one a month or two ago and I thought the idea had been dismissed. Why do this now and why no discussion of it? If it was meant to be helpful, I appreciate the gesture, but I'd rather go back the standard practice having one thread per episode. We've been doing it like this for years. Thanks!

Fellow Lostphiles--

I am talking to the other moderators about merging and will give you an answer about this situation soon. In many cases, merging similar threads is the most efficient way to manage a board. However, I know many of you feel Lost is different because of the mysteries and spoilers that are inherent in each episode. I am presenting your arguments to other moderators and hope to be able to report back to you on a final decision.

Until then, please know that your complaints have been noted. Thanks!

--Jason "did not know Richard Alpert was the narrator-- I guess the content was cannon then" Evans

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    Fellow Lostphiles--

I am talking to the other moderators about merging and will give you an answer about this situation soon. In many cases, merging similar threads is the most efficient way to manage a board. However, I know many of you feel Lost is different because of the mysteries and spoilers that are inherent in each episode. I am presenting your arguments to other moderators and hope to be able to report back to you on a final decision.

--Jason "did not know Richard Alpert was the narrator-- I guess the content was cannon then" Evans
    Thanks you sir!

9F 9F 9F

Was there anything "new" in Wednesday's recap? I didn't realize it wasn't going to be a new episode until 10 minutes before it started so I was too bummed out to watch. Plus I think recaps are boring.

Fellow Lostphiles--

Thanks Jason. You are a gentleman and a scholar.

Oz, that's just what I was going to say when Mrs. Jarhead called me in to the kitchen for supper. The supper was so good I forgot all about my post. I second your post, as have several others. It would be nice if the mods allowed separate threads for the remaining episodes.

The mods had a discussion and there seems to be a strong consensus to do less thread merging in the future-- especially in a case like this where spoilers will play a role.

Starting with next week's episode we will again have individual threads for each episode.

As an aside, the mods have no problem if other shows want to follow this format as well.

--Jason "unmerging this thread is almost impossible and too time consuming to be worth it" Evans

The mods had a discussion and there seems to be a strong consensus to do less thread merging in the future-- especially in a case like this where spoilers will play a role.

Starting with next week's episode we will again have individual threads for each episode.

As an aside, the mods have no problem if other shows want to follow this format as well.

--Jason "unmerging this thread is almost impossible and too time consuming to be worth it" Evans
    Thanks, Jason. It is nice when reason prevails, and in this case, yields the mods the benefit of having to do less work! A win - win for sure!

9F 9F 9F

Thanks, folks.

Short of someone creating a Dukelostpedia, it is somewhat useful to have everything glommed together. Perhaps there can be a 2 or 3 week delay before adding the latest week on to the pile. On the other hand, the season is almost over, and so perhaps it makes no real difference.