Best TV stand vendor?

Hi,

We just got a new 50' plasma TV and need a stand. Do you know a good TV stand vendor (online preferred)?

Best regards,
    Jeffrey

Most furniture companies make pieces specifically designed as TV stands these days. So I'd suggest you consider what style/look you're going for and then check out some furniture company websites for ideas. For a TV that nice, it may be worth going higher end with a piece from Thomasville, Ethan Allen, Hooker, etc. But again, just about everyone has media/entertainment pieces like this these days.

I am presuming that the brand/company making your TV doesn't have a matching stand that they market.

I have perused Sanus Systems site...www.sanus.com but can't speak to the quality.

We got ours at Target. Structurally, it is very sound. Target has a good selection, with both glass/metal and traditional wooden styles. We picked ours up locally, but the website has lots to offer, and a quick turnaround. Order now, and you can have it in time for the Michigan game!

Walmart has a pretty good selection online... various styles and materials. I've bought a couple made by Sauder. They look pretty decent, but require putting together. Be sure to note not only the width of the stand, but also the weight it will support. You can have the item shipped to your home or have it shipped to your local Walmart and save on shipping. (Just be sure your vehicle can handle the large package!)

Quote Originally Posted by Devil in the Blue Dress View Post
    Walmart has a pretty good selection online... various styles and materials. I've bought a couple made by Sauder. They look pretty decent, but require putting together. Be sure to note not only the width of the stand, but also the weight it will support. You can have the item shipped to your home or have it shipped to your local Walmart and save on shipping. (Just be sure your vehicle can handle the large package!)
    I had a couple Sauder products also. I found them to be cheaply made.

If you want an online dealer with lots of options, check out http://www.racksandstands.com. I especially like the feature on the site where you can specifically search for stands based on the dimensions of your room as well as searching by type of material or finish, etc. I needed a stand that was not wider than 60 inches due to the shape of our living room, and ended up going with this one:
    http://www.racksandstands.com/OmniMo...GB-OM0310.html

It's 59 inches wide at the base but tapers to 50 inches wide at the top, which is perfect for a 50 inch TV. The only drawback is that you don't really have room to put surround sound speakers at the sides of the TV on this stand, but I don't have surround sound anyways, so it's a moot point.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRose77 View Post
    We got ours at Target. Structurally, it is very sound. Target has a good selection, with both glass/metal and traditional wooden styles. We picked ours up locally, but the website has lots to offer, and a quick turnaround. Order now, and you can have it in time for the Michigan game!
    Ours was a wedding gift from Target and we have had no issues with it. I put it together, but it seems quite sturdy. It's black with polished metal... I think it's both modern and elegant. I think it cost less than $60.

Salamander

These ones always looked nice.

http://www.salamanderdesigns.com/

Be sure to take good ventilation into account. I know a lot of receivers, cable boxes, etc can run close to 120 degrees.

Quote Originally Posted by arydolphin View Post
    If you want an online dealer with lots of options, check out http://www.racksandstands.com. I especially like the feature on the site where you can specifically search for stands based on the dimensions of your room as well as searching by type of material or finish, etc. I needed a stand that was not wider than 60 inches due to the shape of our living room, and ended up going with this one:
    http://www.racksandstands.com/OmniMo...GB-OM0310.html

It's 59 inches wide at the base but tapers to 50 inches wide at the top, which is perfect for a 50 inch TV. The only drawback is that you don't really have room to put surround sound speakers at the sides of the TV on this stand, but I don't have surround sound anyways, so it's a moot point.
    I looked at racksandstands.com a lot - I wound up getting one from Crate & Barrel, but that's a long story. I LOVE it.

They have what seems like a good rating system on R&S though. I seriously considered buying from them until other circumstances intervened.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffrey View Post
    Hi,

We just got a new 50' plasma TV and need a stand. Do you know a good TV stand vendor (online preferred)?
    WOW! A 50 foot plasma TV? Your house must be huge!

Reminds me of the dancing Stonehenge in Spinal Tap.
    Rich
    "Failure is Not a Destination"
    Coach K on the Dan Patrick Show, December 22, 2016

Hi,

Thanks to everyone for the help! Some really great ideas that are most appreciated and needed.

Best regards,
    Jeffrey

I'd get whatever one is pitched on TV by Billy Mays.

Many stands, particularly those that look real sleek and taper at the ends, cannot accomodate a center channel speaker, a decent sized receiver, a DVD player, and cable box. (You will want the center channel in the middle; it's a central ingredient in surround sound).

Even though the Plasma doesn't weigh much; a loaded stand will. You need something with decent wheels.