Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Rodney Rogers

Thanks for the updated link Dave and for the first hand impressions of Rodney. I'm bummed to hear about his accident. I always liked him as a player and after reading your comments and the other articles about him this week, I like him as a person. I hope he can find a way to make the best of this.

No problem guys. Actually, a few folks from our Durham crew live here in Atlanta so we will be trying to make our way to the hospital this weekend to see if there's anything we can do.

Quote Originally Posted by SupaDave View Post
    No problem guys. Actually, a few folks from our Durham crew live here in Atlanta so we will be trying to make our way to the hospital this weekend to see if there's anything we can do.
    It is nice to know that his being transferred to Atlanta won't keep him from having friends that can be with him!

The N&O article was a good one. Having lived in Durham for 27 years now, I can attest to the accuracy of his love for Durham and his desire to help others. While I never met RR, it is hard to be involved in public schools, youth issues, or recreational league sports (all of which I am involved with) without hearing his name come up over and over - and always in a positve way.

They're making big gains in paralysis work nowadays so I'm hoping it can benefit him. Good to hear he has a lot of support to help him through these hard times. He sounds like he's a special man and we all could benefit from more like him.

So sorry to see RR's prognosis. Love and prayers to him and his loved ones. . .

Quote Originally Posted by willywoody View Post
    They're making big gains in paralysis work nowadays so I'm hoping it can benefit him. Good to hear he has a lot of support to help him through these hard times. He sounds like he's a special man and we all could benefit from more like him.
    Shepherd's is an amazing place and I have seen miraculous recoveries on other patient's there. I do not presume to know anything about Roger's injuries, but I have to believe there is hope. We should all say a prayer for his recovery.

Certainly hope there is some way that with the treatment he will receive that he can recover. Best wishes.

Good Lord. Just read the official word article on the home page, and that is tragic news. Another blow to a beloved member of the Wake Forest family. Thoughts and prayers for Rogers and his family.

I overlapped two years at Wake with Rodney. I had a friend who tutored some of the athletes and met him through her. He was very nice, humble, and gracious. We picked on each other about our rival Durham high schools. I ran into him a few years ago at the Duke Children's Classic. Just as sweet and humble as always. I wish the best for his recovery.

I will see about getting an address for you guys and info from the family. Here's some quick info on the Shepard center as well.

http://www.shepherd.org/

Having some friends from home living nearby where they can visit Rodney and encourage him... that sort of support can be huge in his recovery. I know you guys. You'll be there and you won't give up in your support of your old friend.

The Put-back Dunk of a Lifetime

Rodney Rogers was responsible for easily the most instantaneously exciting/amazing moment that I've ever seen at the ACC Tourney when he took an offensive rebound that was a full arm's length behind his head, caught it, and (while still in the air) dunked it over every UNC player, fan, booster, administration member and alumni across the entire state. Absolutely incredible, and my sight angle on it was perfect.

Best wishes, prayers, etc. to Mr. Rogers and his family & friends. And a belated thanks for that freaking INCREDIBLE put-back jam over the Heels!

Shep

I will see about getting an address for you guys and info from the family. Here's some quick info on the Shepard center as well.

http://www.shepherd.org/
    The Shepherd Center in Atlanta is top notch. During my senior year of high school my best friend was in a dirt-biking accident and was paralyzed from the shoulders down. It was, and still is a very sad story having to miss graduation and so on. He was at UK for awhile, where he was treated poorly and the doctors at UK told him he would never get his extremities back. He then went to Shepherd and it's been a complete 180. The staff has been top notch and were very accommodating when we visited. They gave him confidence that he could overcome this and got him going in the right direction. He now is close to full movement in his arms and his wrists and his fingers have feeling and can move somewhat.

Rodney will receive excellent care down there and the staff will do everything in their power to help him overcome this. My heart goes out to him and everyone close to him. I'm sure it will be tough seeing a man so strong like he is in this kind of condition.

Hey SupaDave....Please tell him we are all thinking of him...I prayed for him last night.

He is one of my all-time favorites, and his 360 dunk will never be forgotten, although the opponent has been.

All of our thoughts are with him.

I'm so sorry to hear this. Hope you can pass on the good vibes from the DBR board.

Any progress or updates for Rodney? I have been thinking of him all the time. I saw in a couple articles that people were fundraising for him. I thought he was financially set. Is that not the case? Maybe I misread the articles.

I will see about getting an address for you guys and info from the family.
    Any progress on this? I'd love to send a note.

Quote Originally Posted by trinity92 View Post
    Any progress on this? I'd love to send a note.
    The Shepherd Center is a controlled access facility. We are currently letting things die down a bit. Things are quite hectic with it being the holidays and all.

Rodney is still in ICU so you can't send him much right now.

You CAN however send postcards and cards to Rodney. General things should be fine. Seasonal as well.

You can send cards to the following address:

The Shepherd Center
    2020 Peachtree Rd Nw
    Atlanta, GA 30309
    attn: Rodney Rogers Rm. 409