Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Rodney Rogers

Rodney Rogers

Evidently, Rodney had a serious accident on his ATV this past Friday. Hope all goes well for him.

http://www.wral.com/news/news_briefs/story/4052871/

Quote Originally Posted by dball View Post
    Evidently, Rodney had a serious accident on his ATV this past Friday. Hope all goes well for him.

http://www.wral.com/news/news_briefs/story/4052871/
    Get well quick, Rodney. You had one helluva game in Cameron your junior year.
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com

Good luck, Rodney. He's always seemed to be a class act, no give and no take on the court.

Best of luck Rodney
    "This is the best of all possible worlds."
    Dr. Pangloss - Candide

Awful news. I hate those ATV things.

Rodney Rogers just killed us that year in Cameron. He's a handsome man and always did act like a gentleman. I sure hope he recovers 100%.

He is also from Durham NC my hometown. He went to Hillside High; I went to Durham High

I thank you all for being so gracious. He is a personal friend of mine. I'm from Durham and attended Northern Durham High School. I watched Rodney attempt many 360 dunks. He has been very active in Durham's Community, most recently helping me and some of my friends - all of whom are Alumni of Northern or Hillside - host a charity flag football game every Christmas. He will be our man of the year this year. It is an unbelievable thing right now.

Quote Originally Posted by SupaDave View Post
    I thank you all for being so gracious. He is a personal friend of mine. I'm from Durham and attended Northern Durham High School. I watched Rodney attempt many 360 dunks. He has been very active in Durham's Community, most recently helping me and some of my friends - all of whom are Alumni of Northern or Hillside - host a charity flag football game every Christmas. He will be our man of the year this year. It is an unbelievable thing right now.
    Any updates on Rodney's condition will be appreciated. Thanks, SupaDave!

Why are they holding a benefit for him? Does he need the money? It seems like his NBA career should have set him up.

Benefit

The benefit isn't "for" Rodney Rogers. He does the benefit for those less fortunate.

There is a report that Rogers is partially paralyzed. No official statement, or specifics on his condition, but his former teammate Lorenzen Wright seems to have gotten some word:

An accident with an all-terrain vehicle that has reportedly left former NBA player Rodney Rogers partially paralyzed has shocked and saddened one of Rogers' former teammates, Cavaliers forward Lorenzen Wright...
    link

I hope he has a full recovery. keeping him in my prayers.

Quote Originally Posted by Vincetaylor View Post
    The benefit isn't "for" Rodney Rogers. He does the benefit for those less fortunate.
    Well, the linked article says this :
    A horseback riding group, "Black Trail Riders," said Sunday they are planning a benefit ride in a few weeks for Rogers.
    Are you saying that this is "for" someone other than Rogers? That's not how I read it.

They were referring to our Sons of Durham charity flag football game. The Riders benefit is apparently something that just came up.

Regardless, in this situation, there's NO amount of money that can be considered enough.

There are all kinds of expenses associated with this type of injury. Look up the info on the recently paralyzed BMX pro by the name of Stephan Murray to get a better idea of how great this could become.

They were referring to our Sons of Durham charity flag football game.
    I'm probably just confused, but where in the linked article is this reference?

Quote Originally Posted by Turtleboy View Post
    I'm probably just confused, but where in the linked article is this reference?
    It's in this thread...

It's in this thread...
    OK. The person who started this thread linked to an article about Rogers's injury. Referring to that article, I asked about the benefit for Rogers. I was told that "they" were not holding a benefit for Rogers. I replied by quoting the article and asked for clarification. I was then told that "they" were talking about a flag football game. Well, they weren't.

Obviously, the person who corrected me did not bother to read the link. Not my fault, really.

Back on the subject, best wishes to Rodney Rogers and family. He was a remarkable force in the ACC and, by all accounts, is a good guy and a benefit to Durham. Hope all the best for him!

Quote Originally Posted by Turtleboy View Post
    OK. The person who started this thread linked to an article about Rogers's injury. Referring to that article, I asked about the benefit for Rogers. I was told that "they" were not holding a benefit for Rogers. I replied by quoting the article and asked for clarification. I was then told that "they" were talking about a flag football game. Well, they weren't.

Obviously, the person who corrected me did not bother to read the link. Not my fault, really.
    The link has also been updated since it's original post and it also looks like you havent read the thread... Please read all of my posts...

The ACC is just the half of it. I wish you guys could have seen him in high school.

In Durham he is known to us as "Tee-tot" which was a nickname given to him as a youth b/c he was actually small (tiny-tot).

By the time I got to high school the only thing people talked about was "Tot". He was front page news - especially when it came to S.A.T. time. He never let passing that test get him down.

Where he really excelled was on the court and many of Hillside's games were moved to NCCU that year.

One game in particular that I remember was against Northern at NCCU and in the first SIX seconds of the game he already had a steal, a block, and a 360 degree dunk that broke the shot clock.

Hillside's team his Senior year was like a group of travelling rock stars. The ONLY people that rivaled their popularity were SOME of the players at UNC and Duke.