Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

ACC-Big10 Challenge Thread

I thought I would start a thread for discussion of all the challenge games this week.

VaTech and Wisconsin are playing the first game of the challenge right now.

... the refs seem to be ummmm unfocused tonight

I don't even *like* Virginia Tech, and I think this is getting ridiculous.

It makes me so happy to see Virginia Tech and Seth Greenberg continue to lose games this way.

Quote Originally Posted by ugadevil View Post
    It makes me so happy to see Virginia Tech and Seth Greenberg continue to lose games this way.
    Confess your sins, Seth. It's obvious you are receiving cosmic punishment for some good reason. Out with it.

Wow, really exciting finish to that game. I feel bad for the Hokies, but... what the heck is speed pool?

Last second losses

Wow- two heartbreakers already this year on last second shots. Great (almost) comeback by the Hokies though.

Va Tech= unluckiest team in basketball with less than 1 minute left in the game

Quote Originally Posted by Duvall View Post
    I don't even *like* Virginia Tech, and I think this is getting ridiculous.
    I have to agree....that poor Allen kid got Hummel V OK squared. Did he play 10 minutes?

Welcome, Purdue7

thoughts on tomorrow's game? I expect a tough game with a score in the mid 70's, I predict Duke 78-72. What do you think are the key match-ups?

Quote Originally Posted by duketaylor View Post
    thoughts on tomorrow's game? I expect a tough game with a score in the mid 70's, I predict Duke 78-72. What do you think are the key match-ups?
    Foul trouble for Hummel will kill PURDUE again.
    I am worried about DUKE and their ability to drive to the hoop.
    How both teams handle the pressure D/TO's and hitting 3's will go a long way.
    If PURDUE can't force some turnovers and hit their 3's...they will struggle to score.

It should be a great game....2 class coaches and schools. Actual student athletes what a concept! This ain't Memphis and Louisville....

Quote Originally Posted by BlueintheFace View Post
    Va Tech= unluckiest team in basketball with less than 1 minute left in the game
    Maybe, but in the two examples from this year VT has made really difficult plays to stay in the game. They don't get "lucky" on that tough three with 7 seconds to go, and no one's talking about them being "unlucky" that they gave up a tough runner in the last second.

I watched the game and feel bad for any team that loses a game like that. As DBR pointed out, Tech needs to begin to play well and win most of their remainder OOC games so their RPI is decent prior to ACC play.

Last night again showed that Ryan is one of the college game’s best coaches. He rarely gets a player who will play in the pros yet his teams continue to be Top 25 teams. His offense is a good fit for the players he recruits and is fun to watch. Purdue and Michigan State are expected to compete for the league title but I would not count out the Badgers.

gw67

Quote Originally Posted by PURDUE7 View Post
    I have to agree....that poor Allen kid got Hummel V OK squared. Did he play 10 minutes?
    he played 15 minutes, scored 2 points and grabbed 3 rebounds.

I am glad to see someone else views Greenberg and VPI as I do. This may be heresy on this site, but I dislike the vpi coach more than I dislike ole roy. I think greenberg is vile, coaches a rough style of bball and then continually I'm a real wanker for saying this.I'm a real wanker for saying this.I'm a real wanker for saying this.I'm a real wanker for saying this.I'm a real wanker for saying this.es when the refs call it.

I hope the ACC-Big 11 classic finishes up at 9-2 in favor of the ACC.

If you haven't checked out our Live Stats, I'd encourage you to do so tonight. We have live tempo-based stats for each of the games (something you can't get anywhere else), and we also graph the tempo-based stats throughout the game. If you're wondering why a team went on a run, the graphs are really good.

Here are the Live Stats links available for tonight's games...

Iowa @ BC

Ohio St @ Miami

Clemson @ Illinois

Duke @ Purdue

Ok, watching the Miami game one of the announcers mentioned Miami "Shooting the lights out." Now, I may be wrong, and this is why I'm bringing it up here, but isn't it "Shooting lights out" meaning were the lights out they'd still make shots? Does anyone have a more definite idea of the proper way to say the phrase/what it means? What on earth would "shooting out the lights" have to do with basketball? I mean, if you hit any lights at all I'd say there's something significantly wrong with your shot...

wow, Jack McClinton ejected for swatting at a OSU player. McClinton had made his first 4 three point attempts prior to the ejection.

Jack McClinton just got ejected for supposedly slapping an ohio st. player. It looked like he was trying to slap away defensive hands to me at first look, but it is very hard to tell... Also, the ohio st. player went down like an italian soccer player. pretty embarrassing for him.

he also hit McClinton in the face right before that. But I think McClinton was trying to take a swipe at the OSU player.

Thad Motta was irate about the double dribble not called, he never saw the swipe. Announcers always seem to double down when they are wrong. Really annoying.

The City of Brotherly Love except when it's cold.
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueintheFace View Post
    Jack McClinton just got ejected for supposedly slapping an ohio st. player. It looked like he was trying to slap away defensive hands to me at first look, but it is very hard to tell... Also, the ohio st. player went down like an italian soccer player. pretty embarrassing for him.
    It looked like an intentional swipe at the face to me even if it wasn't a hard foul. Watched the replay more than once. Correct call in my opinion.