Maryland gets pasted

What's going on with Maryland? Just a few days after beating Michigan St, the Terps got absolutely pasted by Georgetown.

I must say, I do enjoy seeing Maryland lose big.

Quote Originally Posted by beltwayBD View Post
    I must say, I do enjoy seeing Maryland lose big.
    For the most part, I agree, but not necessarily in this case. I usually don't even go in for the whole "root for the conference" thing, but the Big East basketball supremacy meme is beginning to approach the SEC football one (which, at least this season, is vastly overstated). I'm rather weary of both.

I watched the game earlier tonight, as I'm a Georgetown grad student. The scary thing was, the Hoyas won by 27, and it wasn't even that close, as Maryland scored the last 8 points of the game with all of Georgetown's subs in, just trying to wind the clock down.

Maryland looked about as bad as I've seen a team look in a long while. Georgetown is a good, but not great team, and they looked like world-beaters against Gary's Terps.

If it weren't for UMD's win against MSU, I'd be really curious to get a peek in the MD locker room...

Quote Originally Posted by Reisen View Post
    Georgetown is a good, but not great team, and they looked like world-beaters against Gary's Terps.
    Hubert Davis said they were definitely a FF team, maybe even winning it all. I didn't see the game, so I can't comment. But that's quite a comment for him to make so early on.

That's just Hubert showing his top-notch education.

Remember, G-Town already has a loss, and has some decent ???'s at a few positions, including heavy reliance on a freshman (Monroe), who is liable to play like one at times during the season. I expect them to compete in the Big Least, but penciling them in to the FF is probably a bit much at this point.