Quote Originally Posted by ScottDuke04 View Post
Gotta say, the stands were kind of rough today! Stadium officials and police removed one (presumably inebriated) UNC fan down at the bottom of my section early in the game...later removed several others nearby who were being very loud and obnoxious, and touching people around them.
He and his friend were so drunk before the game, that they couldn't comprehend that seats 7 and 9 were before 17 and 19 -- I had to explain it to them three times. As the game progressed he became increasingly belligerent, swinging his fists around and nearly punched and older couple in Row R, while verbally berating a group of teenage Duke fans seated a few rows up.

I'd like to thank whomever notified security.

Quote Originally Posted by blazindw View Post
While I do agree that improvements to WW are necessary, I don't think that inadequate bathrooms and concession stands are the reason we went 4-8.
Durham's City/County Planning Commission is the reason we have insufficient permanent, smelly temporary bathrooms and inadequate concession facilities -- they initially approved Duke's improvement plans, to be complete by this season, then changed their minds, demanding that the university place sidewalks on both sides of Frank Bassett Drive (a private road), necessitating the removal of some huge trees. The University said no, Durham C/CPC revoked approval.

I blame the C/CPC for the inadequate water/refreshment facilities that led to a number of people fainting from heatstroke during the Navy game (including an 84 year old OB-GYN and Duke Alum from Greensboro, whom my wife had to assist) and the enormous lines for inadequate restroom facilities that my wife, who is now 32 weeks pregnant had to endure. (At halftime, it took 25+ minutes of standing in line to reach the ladies' room behind sections 31/32, and there was still a line when we returned to our seats, well into the 3rd quarter.)