Results 1 to 12 of 12
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    SoCal

    A Charlie Brown Thanksgiving

    So this was on tonight... and at one point ol' Chuck was on the phone with his grandmother. Interestingly, good ol' grandmom sounds surprisingly like the gang's teacher. Coincidence? Discuss.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by sue71 View Post
    So this was on tonight... and at one point ol' Chuck was on the phone with his grandmother. Interestingly, good ol' grandmom sounds surprisingly like the gang's teacher. Coincidence? Discuss.
    Peanuts translation
    Quote Originally Posted by sue71 View Post
    Wa waah wuh wa woaoh... waa ua wah woah wo' Whuah waa wo waa wuaau wawa wah whawaoawaah. Whaauwaauwah, wooh wo' whaoawah whoaah whaawaoawah whuh wua whah's wawawou. Wuawawauwah? Woauwah.
    Mmmm, BBQ!

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    I sort of forgot to watch A Charlie Brown Thanksgiving tonight. While of course inferior to A Charlie Brown Christmas, it's still a perfectly respectable holiday special.
    I hung out with my mom for a while tonight while forgetting to watch though, so I guess that's a few karma points in my column.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    SoCal
    Quote Originally Posted by wilson View Post
    I sort of forgot to watch A Charlie Brown Thanksgiving tonight. While of course inferior to A Charlie Brown Christmas, it's still a perfectly respectable holiday special.
    I hung out with my mom for a while tonight while forgetting to watch though, so I guess that's a few karma points in my column.
    I'd say it's a fair trade. Major bonus points if you had watched it together though.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    SoCal
    Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    Peanuts translation
    Hahahahaha I figured someone would do that.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Quote Originally Posted by sue71 View Post
    I'd say it's a fair trade. Major bonus points if you had watched it together though.
    Normally, we would have (while perhaps sampling some of the delicious egg nog my mother prepared today in anticipation of Thursday's kickoff of The Most Wonderful Time of the Year), but I just plumb forgot. There will be much viewing of the holiday specials in our house, though, and we did discuss festooning and general merrymaking strategies, so all is well.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Greenville, NC
    I watched the special with my mom and my oldest son who is visiting from California. My son turned to me when Charlie Brown was listening to his grandmother on the telephone and he said, "Mom, that's what you sound like when you talk."

    Wa waah wuh wa woaoh... waa ua wah woah wo' Whuah waa wo waa wuaau wawa wah whawaoawaah. Whaauwaauwah, wooh wo' whaoawah whoaah whaawaoawah whuh wua whah's wawawou. Wuawawauwah? Woauwah.
    Sigh. I wonder if he's ever listened to a word I've said.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Lexington, KY

    Exclamation He said WHAT?!

    Quote Originally Posted by CathyCA View Post
    I watched the special with my mom and my oldest son who is visiting from California. My son turned to me when Charlie Brown was listening to his grandmother on the telephone and he said, "Mom, that's what you sound like when you talk."



    Sigh. I wonder if he's ever listened to a word I've said.
    Ouch!

    That would be a severe penalty in our household. Maybe a 10-minute misconduct, bordering on a game misconduct. I hope he apologized.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Durham, NC

    ABC sucks

    I strongly suggest everyone invest in the DVD 5-pack of Peanuts specials. Great Pumpkin, Thanksgiving, Christmas, Valentine, and Easter. Costco always has it this time of year. They are all uncut and have extra shorts added in.

    ABC edits some of the best parts b/c they have more commercials now than they had back in the 60's-70's when these originally aired. It makes me so mad to watch Great Pumpkin only to see that they cut out the part where Schroeder is playing the piano and Snoopy is dancing/crying/howling. That was always our favorite scene, but ABC thought it unimportant enough to cut it.

    I bought the DVDs and now we can watch them as much as we want!

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Greenville, NC
    Quote Originally Posted by Lavabe View Post
    Ouch!

    That would be a severe penalty in our household. Maybe a 10-minute misconduct, bordering on a game misconduct. I hope he apologized.
    I mentioned to my mom last night that it's hard to discipline a 6'2" 16 year old who lives in another state. Back in the day, I would have swatted him on the butt and sent him to his room (which had no computer, TV or video game devices). Now if I tried that, he would just laugh and refuse.

    I did mention that he needs to be on his best behavior if he intends to accompany me on my beach vacation this summer.

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by CathyCA View Post
    I mentioned to my mom last night that it's hard to discipline a 6'2" 16 year old who lives in another state. Back in the day, I would have swatted him on the butt and sent him to his room (which had no computer, TV or video game devices). Now if I tried that, he would just laugh and refuse.

    I did mention that he needs to be on his best behavior if he intends to accompany me on my beach vacation this summer.
    Our mother always said we were never too old to be spanked. She swatted the middle sibling on the but when he was a senior in high school.

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    Our mother always said we were never too old to be spanked. She swatted the middle sibling on the but when he was a senior in high school.
    I got swatted on the fanny a few years ago for mentioning all the (insert appropriate word here) yankees moving to NC. Oh, was swatted in public too!

    Yea, you're never too old to be swatted by your mother.


    I am a Blue Devil worshiper!

Similar Threads

  1. Favorite Thanksgiving Foods?
    By JBDuke in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 11-11-2008, 10:18 AM
  2. Charlie Board
    By gw67 in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-04-2008, 08:43 AM
  3. Thanksgiving feasts
    By rthomas in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 11-24-2007, 01:17 AM
  4. Happy Thanksgiving Dukies!
    By daddynat in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-22-2007, 12:00 PM
  5. Happy Thanksgiving...
    By TillyGalore in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 10-08-2007, 06:42 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •