Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I saw enough when beaker was on the baseline and jumped up...Oregon slaps the ball free but *whistle*, it's a foul...go take some FT's. Let's hope they are taken out in the next game.

Today I am ashamed to be an Oregonian. Pathetic.

Jay Bilas appears to have more fun announcing Carolina Games than other schools. I admit he is very informed, but I have Bilas fatigue.

Overexposure

Will most of the country turn against UNC and Hansborough because of the overexposure and butt-smooching from announcers this year in the same way they did with Redick and Duke in 2006? Or is that just a Duke phenomenon?

I really do get tired of watching Hansborough flail and get the calls undeservedly so often.

One of the main reasons I can't stand Handfoul is the way he gets calls constantly. I watched the UNC-Ore game for about 5 minutes. Saw HansOhMyNose come in and get call after call and just turned it off before I got pissed. I did see and hear the Lawson lowering the shoulder call and see the call gifted to Hanstravel mentioned above when the ball was knocked from his hand. There are two things I don't understand. First is why the refs help him so much and second, why we have to see a closeup of 'ol HansBugEye during every single break in the action.

Now if you'll excuse me, this typing has made me tired or someone I was typing against just did something good so I'll have to take an unofficial timeout by losing a contact and resting while people look for it.

If Oregon would have stopped shooting 35 foot shots they might have been in the game. That was ridiculous. UK, Oregon, it's a shame to see how they have gone down. Can't wait to see a well coached team like Notre Dame take the court against UNC, should be interesting.

Just remember, kids, the ref bias for NC doesn't really start until Carolina gets into ACC play. What we witnessed last night was the out-of-conference, out-of-state Carolina bias, which is an order of magnitude less profound than the in-conference, in-state bias we'll be enjoying starting in January. Cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    Green skin angry?
    Angry enough that I had to get up, leave the room and go kill stuff on the computer.

I don't know which is worse, watching Hansbrough or all the whining about Hansbrough. Change the the names and schools and I could be on IC a few years back reading about JJ.

Last night's game Hanscheater had 16 points. 12 of them were from the line. When JJ padded his stats from the line it was often late in games when the other team was fouling and we'd give JJ the ball to dribble until he got fouled. With Hansblahblah, the difference is that he's not really getting fouled.

Quote Originally Posted by SMO View Post
    Just watch Hansbrough elbow a guy three times in the face then that guy got called for a foul. Then Jay Bilas explained that it's OK because earlier the other guy caught Tyler with an elbow.
    No, he didn't. He specifically said it was not OK. He did say that they that if they are going to call it on one guy, they should call it on the other.

Quote Originally Posted by elvis14 View Post
    Last night's game Hanscheater had 16 points. 12 of them were from the line. When JJ padded his stats from the line it was often late in games when the other team was fouling and we'd give JJ the ball to dribble until he got fouled. With Hansblahblah, the difference is that he's not really getting fouled.
    Amen. I think the majority of his points so far this year are from the line. Clearly Hans is a strong player who creats a lot of his own opportunities through effort and hustle...but he gets a BIG benefit from his uniform and his NPOY status, IMHO.

Quote Originally Posted by elvis14 View Post
    I find it hard to believe that any rational fan believes Hansbrough doesn't get fouled, and a lot. Now, that he gets away with some offensive fouls on the other end with his bull in the china shop offense, that's a legit argument for sure.

But sometimes it just gets frustrating to actually come to this board hoping for intelligent basketball and find a thread full of childish name calling and unbelievably biased observation.

We're all fans, so we're all biased. But this sort of thread starts approaching TDD and IC in nature.

I know. I know. The cure for that is to not read the thread! True enough. I just hope the board doesn't get like the scout/rival boards and there are no threads except this sort.

Quote Originally Posted by sandinmyshoes View Post
    I don't know which is worse, watching Hansbrough or all the whining about Hansbrough. Change the the names and schools and I could be on IC a few years back reading about JJ.
    Quoted for truth.

Actually, I'll tell you what's even worse. Reading all the relentlessly unfunny nicknames for him people make up on this board.

A movie is not about what it's about; it's about how it's about it.
    ---Roger Ebert

Some questions cannot be answered
    Who’s gonna bury who
    We need a love like Johnny, Johnny and June
    ---Over the Rhine

Quote Originally Posted by sandinmyshoes View Post
    I find it hard to believe that any rational fan believes Hansbrough doesn't get fouled, and a lot. Now, that he gets away with some offensive fouls on the other end with his bull in the china shop offense, that's a legit argument for sure.

But sometimes it just gets frustrating to actually come to this board hoping for intelligent basketball and find a thread full of childish name calling and unbelievably biased observation.

We're all fans, so we're all biased. But this sort of thread starts approaching TDD and IC in nature.

I know. I know. The cure for that is to not read the thread! True enough. I just hope the board doesn't get like the scout/rival boards and there are no threads except this sort.
    I'll reword just for you. Thanks for the thinly veiled name calling, BTW. Hansblahbalh (and I LOVE hacking his name, I'm a Duke fan, I hate this guy) does get fouled and those fouls are called often and he gets to the line. Most often, when there's a questionable call he gets to the line. He's not a great defender who gets bailed out by the refs who call charges anytime he get breathed on and he gets to the line. He creates a lot of contact...and when he creates contact, he gets to the line. When someone blocks his shot, he gets to the line. When he hammers someone to create space for his shot, he gets to the line. During a Duke game I marked down everytime where was a call that was just bad or could have gone either way where Hansbeaker was involved. At the end of the game, Hansgoogleeye was at +17. In one game 17 times he was given the benefit of the doubt or benefited from a blatant bad call. So yes, he gets fouled, saying he doesn't is hyperbole. His opponents do NOT get to play the game on equal terms and I don't appreciate the bias.

Obviously, I don't mind an occasional thread like this. I agree that 100% that I don't want to come on here and read these types of threads all the time. I try to avoid this type of thread but sometimes it just gets frustrating to actually try to watch a game hoping for well called basketball and find a game full of ridiculous and unbelievably biased officiating.

Elvis (childish, irrational, name caller and author of unintelligent posts)

who cares about the fouls - I'm furious over the intentional elbows he threw at that kids face. Remember the swipe he took at costner two years ago? How come a white player can't be a thug?

17. Quote Originally Posted by TheItinerantSon View Post
    who cares about the fouls - I'm furious over the intentional elbows he threw at that kids face. Remember the swipe he took at costner two years ago? How come a white player can't be a thug?
    White player = gritty, heart
    Black player = thug

Get with the program.

And lord knows, we've had some guys that have benefited from the double-standard as well. Let's just hope Kyle is here in a couple of seasons as the next "gritty" superstar/NPOY.

Quote Originally Posted by Huh? View Post
    If Oregon would have stopped shooting 35 foot shots they might have been in the game. That was ridiculous. UK, Oregon, it's a shame to see how they have gone down. Can't wait to see a well coached team like Notre Dame take the court against UNC, should be interesting.
    Yeah, that was really interesting.