New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley

Duke Football on Scrubs

I am watching Scrubs, there is a scene where Dr. Cox, J.D. and J.D.'s brother are sitting on a couch, they turn on the tv, which they flash too, and TA-DA, Duke is playing vs. somebody else. What they show on tv lasts all of barely one second, but it was Duke playing, vs. some team in gold helmets. We had the "Duke" script on our helmets in our blue uniforms, most likely a Roof coaching job.
    They then show Dr. Cox yelling "Pass the ball, dammit". I don't know what the game was, but I was probably yelling the same thing! Anyways, pretty cool. I wonder if we got paid for that.

P.S. If anyone is curious, the episode is titled "My Cake" and I found the scene on YouTube. Watch at the 15-18 seconds point. We are playing at Wallace Wade.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Wow, that's pretty cool!

Too bad the Duke player gets taken out
    He mistook the GT cheerleaders for men!

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    I am watching Scrubs, there is a scene where Dr. Cox, J.D. and J.D.'s brother are sitting on a couch, they turn on the tv, which they flash too, and TA-DA, Duke is playing vs. somebody else. What they show on tv lasts all of barely one second, but it was Duke playing, vs. some team in gold helmets. We had the "Duke" script on our helmets in our blue uniforms, most likely a Roof coaching job.
    They then show Dr. Cox yelling "Pass the ball, dammit". I don't know what the game was, but I was probably yelling the same thing! Anyways, pretty cool. I wonder if we got paid for that.

P.S. If anyone is curious, the episode is titled "My Cake" and I found the scene on YouTube. Watch at the 15-18 seconds point. We are playing at Wallace Wade.
    Fantastic work CBAB!

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley

Who is the QB #14?

OK, the episode aired in 2004. This means the game had to be before then. We would have played GT at Wade in 2003, 2001, 1999..etc. It was not a Roof team, so it was probably Franks coaching, maybe even Goldsmith. I've had no luck identifying the QB that wore #14 back then. Anyone know? As far as the play itself, it could just as well be #13 and Asack. QB keeper.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Found it, the game that could have changed history!

After some hard Googling, I figured this out. The game shown was on Oct. 16th, 1999 vs. then 8th ranked GT. Led by #14 Spencer Romine, we came very close to upsetting the Rambling Wreck, final score 38-31. Here is an archived article after the game from the Chronicle.

After some hard Googling, I figured this out. The game shown was on Oct. 16th, 1999 vs. then 8th ranked GT. Led by #14 Spencer Romine, we came very close to upsetting the Rambling Wreck, final score 38-31. Here is an archived article after the game from the Chronicle.
    Wow. Either you're crazy obsessed or... wow.

Quote Originally Posted by sue71 View Post
    Either you're crazy obsessed...
    Or just needed to know?

another one . . .

There is an episode of CSI where Nick is watching a basketball game, and it's Duke and UNC. He must be watching ESPN Classic, b/c you can see Wojo dribbling up the court in Cameron. I can't remember which epi it was. Possibly S2e9, where Nick is stalked by the cable guy.

I believe there was a main page DBR write-up about it. I reported it when the episode first aired.

Quote Originally Posted by aimo View Post
    There is an episode of CSI where Nick is watching a basketball game, and it's Duke and UNC. He must be watching ESPN Classic, b/c you can see Wojo dribbling up the court in Cameron. I can't remember which epi it was. Possibly S2e9, where Nick is stalked by the cable guy.
    Yeah, thats the episode. I've spent some time trying to figure out what game it was, but I can't. Definitely at Cameron. They also mention the betting line for a Duke game at least once in the series (it IS Vegas after all...). One correction, I believe its episode 19, not 9. That might have just been a typo though. Titled "Stalker."

It aired on April 4, 2002. I've looked around a little but can't find which game it is...its only like a couple second clip.

Waterloo, Ontario (unfortunately, no longer in London England).
    After some hard Googling, I figured this out.
    Is there anything the Google genies can't find on the interwebs?

Quote Originally Posted by colchar View Post
    Is there anything the Google genies can't find on the interwebs?
    I dunno. Google it and find out.

Waterloo, Ontario (unfortunately, no longer in London England).
    I dunno. Google it and find out.

Thanks. I nearly snarfed my rye and coke when I read that.

I noticed this too, and the weirdest part is that they're all wearing Detroit Red Wings jerseys...