Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Shorts

Shorts

Am I the only one who is getting fed up with shorts that fit on the waist but go down to the ankles?

Quote Originally Posted by ryandroach View Post
    Am I the only one who is getting fed up with shorts that fit on the waist but go down to the ankles?
    No.

Quote Originally Posted by captmojo View Post
    No.
    Seconded.

Bring back shorts that are really short. Also, bring back green shorts.
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com

Quote Originally Posted by OZZIE4DUKE View Post
    Bring back shorts that are really short. Also, bring back green shorts.
    Are we talking Tom Selleck-Magnum PI short? Or just something above the knee?

Quote Originally Posted by HaveFunExpectToWin View Post
    Are we talking Tom Selleck-Magnum PI short? Or just something above the knee?
    Not booty shorts. I'm talking about shorts that rest on top of the knee. Every time I try on basketball shorts, I look like I'm playin for Memphis.

I come from a different era and style, but yes, I love long shorts. Not so long they look like man-pris, but I do like my shorts covering my knees.
    Check out the Duke Basketball Roundup!

2003-2004 HLM
    Duke | Mirecourt | Detroit| The U | USA

Quote Originally Posted by blazindw View Post
    I come from a different era and style, but yes, I love long shorts. Not so long they look like man-pris, but I do like my shorts covering my knees.
    I'm 27, so I guess I should embrace them. But I can't. They just look silly.

I think the Fab-5 era Michigan shorts were the solution. Baggy, yet not too long.

OK, I originally didn't realize we we talking basketball shorts. At the knee seems like a fine length for playing hoops.

BTW, checkout the Laker's throwback uni's from a game last year... too funny.

They should have gone all the way back (not that I would look or anything)...

Also, I just noticed Posey next to Odom. Honestly, I can't decide who looks more ridiculous.

I like my shorts to end about 3 to 4 inches above my knees, just below where the front pockets end, but I can't find any like that. Tennis shorts used to be like that.

I also like women's skirts and dresses to end several inches above their knees, but I guess that's another thread yet to be created
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com

For ILJ. Real men wear short shorts.

Shorts are supposed to be short. Too short may be a little too revealing, but above the knee works for me also. Too long and they get in the way, just like pants.

I agree with Ozzie. 3-4 inches above the knee is the correct length. I have been able to find them at Kohl's in the Richmond VA area.

I like my shorts to end about 3 to 4 inches above my knees, just below where the front pockets end, but I can't find any like that. Tennis shorts used to be like that.

I also like women's skirts and dresses to end several inches above their knees, but I guess that's another thread yet to be created
    Amen Bro, on both genders. I think back to when Mom would cut'em off for me. I can't imagine too much length. How are you supposed to freely bend your knees?

For shorts I know who has a clue;
    Ask what Master Rambis would do!

WWKRD?

http://www.kurtrambis.com/

Rambis!.jpg

-RambisJam

I'll start by saying I'm 17.

When I wear basketball shorts just to wear them (which is all the time) I like them 2-3 inches below the knee.

When I am actually playing basketball or working out, I like them shorter, like right above the knee.

The shorts today in college hoops seem baggier than they actually are. This comes from Nike's System of Dress (SOD) which is the tight, stretchy fabric jerseys.

Alot of NCAA teams are wearing them now, but Ohio State and Syracuse were the 1st to adopt these poor excuses for uniforms.

Others include Arizona, Texas, Iowa State, Illinois, and Michigan State just to name a few.

The tight shirts make the shorts appear to be huge, though they are not really a big as we think they are, but it is getting a little ridiculous.

Waterloo, Ontario (unfortunately, no longer in London England).

I'm pretty sure the mods would lock that thread down PDQ. might still be worth a shot though...

Shorts can be such a touchy situation.

They need to be knee-level, anything lower is considered a capri pant, in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Ben63 View Post
    I'll start by saying I'm 17.

When I wear basketball shorts just to wear them (which is all the time) I like them 2-3 inches below the knee.

When I am actually playing basketball or working out, I like them shorter, like right above the knee.

The shorts today in college hoops seem baggier than they actually are. This comes from Nike's System of Dress (SOD) which is the tight, stretchy fabric jerseys.

Alot of NCAA teams are wearing them now, but Ohio State and Syracuse were the 1st to adopt these poor excuses for uniforms.

Others include Arizona, Texas, Iowa State, Illinois, and Michigan State just to name a few.

The tight shirts make the shorts appear to be huge, though they are not really a big as we think they are, but it is getting a little ridiculous.

Those new uniforms (the Holes wear them too, don't they?) are hideous. Tight shirts are ok, but not shorts? Shorts cease to be shorts when they become longs.