K to coach 2012 Olympics?

According to Fox Sports Radio, Jerry Colangelo has plans on meeting with Coach K in the upcoming days and offering him the job in 2012 with Team USA. Any thoughts? I am just concerned too much of something could turn into a bad thing. I don't know how to feel because I am right now really excited to have him committed to Duke.

How about he wins an NCAA championship and then wins another gold medal...

Wow. If K wants to do it, I think it only helps. I get the sense the National Team experience has been energizing for him, not draining
    "Just like you man. I got the shotgun, you got the briefcase." Omar Little

No inside info, but it wouldn't surprise me if Coach K agreed to continue in the job. He may be inclined to do so based on positive experiences so far, and a very strong sense of patriotism.

Some things that may mitigate his time commitment going forward:

1. He has the structure in place; it's not starting from scratch
    2. Good relationships with current players and an easier "recruiting" job for other potential players based on success in 2008
    3. Don't think the USA would need to play in a qualifier in 2011; certainly not if they win the World Championships in 2010

Coach K did a great job from 2006 through the 2008 games; it's yet another honor to him to be the first consideration for 2012.

To see Coach K that happy and that proud again? If he's for it, I'm for it. The US cannot do better.

I support him if he wants to do it. What an honor for him. It's a very nice, public confirmation by Colangelo that K is a big reason for Team USA's success.

He has such a strong love for America that I can't see him declining, unless something very serious happens.

Oh good grief, I just had a horrid thought...what if he decides to coach in '12, then takes over US Basketball from Colangelo immediately after that, and retires from Duke!! AAACK the sky is falling!

Quote Originally Posted by Lotus000 View Post
    Oh good grief, I just had a horrid thought...what if he decides to coach in '12, then takes over US Basketball from Colangelo immediately after that, and retires from Duke!! AAACK the sky is falling!
    Please, don't borrow trouble.

Not the right time

Coach K and being the head coach of USA basketball

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=3718535