41 66.13%
  • Pepsi!

17 27.42%
  • What is this, 1985?

4 6.45%
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Coke or Pepsi?

Quote Originally Posted by Acymetric View Post
    Thank you! Not using Heinz is a cardinal sin! Why there are even other ketchup companies competing anymore is beyond me.
    Funny; I grew up in a Hunt's house, because my mother swears that Heinz tastes funny. I'm not a ketchup fanatic anyway, but I do need it on certain things. I buy whatever's on special.

Quote Originally Posted by Lavabe View Post
    Speaking of Coca Cola, has there been a major hit on the Emory endowment? A bunch of the big private universities are reporting significant losses and are taking major steps.
    I considered Emory for college mainly because of its access to some of the freshest Coca-Cola in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by HaveFunExpectToWin View Post
    I considered Emory for college mainly because of its access to some of the freshest Coca-Cola in the world.
    I go there now mostly because I wanted to have legitimate grounds for Coca-Cola zealotry for the remainder of my life.

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    devildeac and I have already had this discussion, but "No Coke, Pepsi". They may have later changed it around, but the first was best.
    Agreed that the original was best and my foggy memory of a skit later in that sequence was the change from Pepsi to Coke.

Quote Originally Posted by colchar View Post
    Exactly. Coke should never be substituted for Pepsi as Pepsi is a far superior product - especially when mixed with Gibson's Sterling (25 year old Canadian whisky).
    Never had Gibson's. Is it that bad you have to mix it with something? I would think that you'd drink 25 year old whiskey straight up or perhaps with an ice cube or splash of water.

Back to the orignal topic.

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    Never had Gibson's. Is it that bad you have to mix it with something? I would think that you'd drink 25 year old whiskey straight up or perhaps with an ice cube or splash of water.

Back to the orignal topic.
    That's how I would drink it.

I voted Coke even thought I'm sitting in a spot less than 30 miles from where Pepsi was invented (downtown New Bern, NC). Pepsi is huge around here but I've always thought it was too sweet. I don't drink regular soft drinks anymore anyway - only Diet (Dr. Pepper, Mtn Dew, Diet Coke or Diet Pepsi, in that order of preference).

This thread cracks me up. People definitely have their preferences.

The thing is, this has been studied. If you take a group of people who say they love Coke and despise Pepsi, and you give them each in a blind taste test, the majority of them can't tell the difference.

If you tell them the Pepsi is Coke, they will prefer it, even though it's Pepsi.

Remember when they made "New Coke"? Everybody hated it, because it was an affront to change the time-honored formula, etc., etc.? Blind taste tests showed that most people preferred New Coke to the "classic" forumla. Even the guy who was the president of a group whose entire purpose was to get New Coke off the market chose New Coke in a blinded test.

Finally, everybody who reads this post will say "Maybe SOME people can't tell the difference, but I CAN." Everybody. Sort of the way 90% of Americans say they are better than average drivers.

Oh, and, by the way, I think Pepsi has a little more lemon/lime flavor to it (crisper) and Coke has a more mellow, rounded taste (maybe a touch of vanilla)?

I favor Diet Coke. Pepsi tastes metallic to me. When ordering a Diet Coke and being offered a Diet Pepsi, I always say no thanks and get iced tea instead.

Just for the record, Coke is currently walloping Pepsi by exactly a 2-to-1 margin. Take THAT!

Quote Originally Posted by rsvman View Post
    Finally, everybody who reads this post will say "Maybe SOME people can't tell the difference, but I CAN." Everybody. Sort of the way 90% of Americans say they are better than average drivers.
    Yeah, it's weird how people do that...but seriously. I can tell the difference.
    On a related note, dogs are better than cats.

I like Coke better.

I've learned to be specific when ordering a Coke. You wouldn't believe the number of times I get a Diet Coke when I've asked for a Coke. Just to make sure that I get a Coke that contains no NutraSweet, I ask for a "Fat Coke."

I guess most food service personnel assume that when a woman orders a Coke, she must want a Diet Coke. Not me.

I answered 1985 'cuz I think it has been about that long since I had a regular soft drink (outside of a Sprite if I had a GI malady). Too many calories. I'd rather have my calories with dessert or a brew. I found myself drinking 2-3 at a sitting and at about 150 calories each, that's a LOT of sugar. Same with sweet tea. I like that even more than soft drinks but can't have that many calories with a meal any more.

i voted for coke, as i hate pepsi, but right now we usually drink jones cola.

Quote Originally Posted by willywoody View Post
    i voted for coke, as i hate pepsi, but right now we usually drink jones cola.
    Mmmm...Jones Soda. I love that stuff, but its more expensive than other soda so thats a dealbreaker for me unless I'm really in the mood for one of their delicious flavors.

Quote Originally Posted by wilson View Post
    Funny; I grew up in a Hunt's house, because my mother swears that Heinz tastes funny. I'm not a ketchup fanatic anyway, but I do need it on certain things. I buy whatever's on special.
    Hunts is the Pepsi of Ketchups... a little too sweet, not enough bite.

Heinz = Coke... although I still prefer RC

Quote Originally Posted by CathyCA View Post
    I guess most food service personnel assume that when a woman orders a Coke, she must want a Diet Coke. Not me.
    I vaguely recall those olden days of, dare I say it, ...

TAB

Remember that nasty concoction called Jolt? Whenever I finished a can of that it was like someone laid carpet in my mouth.

Quote Originally Posted by 2535Miles View Post
    Remember that nasty concoction called Jolt? Whenever I finished a can of that it was like someone laid carpet in my mouth.
    Freshman year, I had to pull an allnighter finishing a paper. I drank Jolt mixed with Mr Pibb (to improve the flavor). After turning in the paper the next morning, I was hallucinating and I had the bed spins. NEVER did that again.

Poll's closed, but add me to the Coke list. Pepsi is disgusting.