For The Ladies: People's 2008 Sexiest Man Alive

Ooooooooh, totally agree with their choice.

Also, here are the, uh, contestants.

Question

Quote Originally Posted by sue71 View Post
    Ooooooooh, totally agree with their choice.

Also, here are the, uh, contestants.
    A question from Mars for you Venusians...

I noticed that many of the "most sexy" candidates have either 2-3 days of beard growth or perhaps a light beard. Do you consider this sexy?

Quote Originally Posted by roywhite View Post

I noticed that many of the "most sexy" candidates have either 2-3 days of beard growth or perhaps a light beard. Do you consider this sexy?
    Not necessarily - depends on the face, the setting, and my mood. (Is that Venus-y enough for you.)

eta - I'm Gene Banks.
    Last edited by DukieInKansas; 11-19-2008 at 06:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    Not necessarily - depends on the face, the setting, and my mood. (Is that Venus-y enough for you.)
    I hate to break it to roywhite, but I agree with DIK. Sometimes I absolutely go for clean-shaven, other times it's scruff. Also depends on the face because some don't wear scruff well and others look better with it. Basically, what DIK said.

James Franco and Daniel Craig...kind of peppery and salty. Yeah!

My brother found himself standing next to George Clooney in a bar in LA and bro admitted that GC is indeed one good looking piece of man flesh...although, he didn't say man flesh, that's just my embellishment

Quote Originally Posted by sue71 View Post
    I hate to break it to roywhite, but I agree with DIK. Sometimes I absolutely go for clean-shaven, other times it's scruff. Also depends on the face because some don't wear scruff well and others look better with it. Basically, what DIK said.
    Well, that certainly cleared things up.

At least I shouldn't worry too much about shaving on the weekend; won't help my chances with mrs. roy, but won't hurt them either.

If you're going to make me choose, I'll go with clean-shaven. But since I don't have to, then

Totally agree with their choice. Although I'd like to add Patrick Dempsey, Sting, Howie Long, Taye Diggs, Sidney Poitier, Harry Belafonte and Harrison Ford to the list. Colin Firth ain't too bad either.

Hugh is mighty tasty. Good to see Jon Hamm from Mad Men at #3. Gorgeous picture of Michael Phelps (Love those abs!). Javier Bardem's a hunk, but his role in No Country for Old Men will keep me from ever finding him sexy again.

Beyond some of the gents on Dukemom's list, I'm also surprised no Johnny Depp (though maybe he's not rugged enough); and no blondes besides Craig? What about McArmy, Kevin McKidd? I thought w/ his new role on Greys Anatomy, he'd be a little more prominent.

Quote Originally Posted by roywhite View Post

Yes. Very.

But here's the sexiest part of Hugh Jackman: the way he interacts with his kids and wife at home: "a romantic who sings ballads at home and makes pancakes for Oscar, 8, and Ava, 3." There is nothing more attractive than a guy who loves and spoils his kids.

Quote Originally Posted by CathyCA View Post
    Yes. Very.

But here's the sexiest part of Hugh Jackman: the way he interacts with his kids and wife at home: "a romantic who sings ballads at home and makes pancakes for Oscar, 8, and Ava, 3." There is nothing more attractive than a guy who loves and spoils his kids.
    Ditto!