Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Zeller Injures Wrist

It appears that Zeller has injured his wrist on a fast break play against Kentucky. The extent of the injury is unknown, but it would be the third significant one for the Tarheels (Hansbrough- Shin... Ginyard- Foot).

Kentucky deserves to lose.

Kentucky has the butt-ugliest uniforms I've seen since NC State sported unitards. Yikes are they hideous.

They may have had them last year, too, but I didn't watch a Kentucky game last year.

and on a meaningless play too...

Erin Andrews said it "looked swollen" about 30 seconds after he went down.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueintheFace View Post
    Erin Andrews said it "looked swollen" about 30 seconds after he went down.
    As he "walked by". She also noted that she is "not a doctor".

This might be a biased opinion, and I saw it only on the replay, but I didn't see where the KY defender even touched Zeller. The crowd was calling for his head (typical Tar Heel ignorance) and I think they ended up charging him with a Tech, but did anyone see anything to warrant a T? It seems he got hurt more on landing, like he tried to grab the board with his left hand to slow his fall, missed, which resulted in him coming down awkward.

Anyway, hate to see anyone get hurt, especially when the game is in the bag like that. On a brighter note for the 'holes, Thompson seems to have significantly improved his jumper...albeit against a KY team that looked disjointed all night.

Quote Originally Posted by Edouble View Post
    As he "walked by". She also noted that she is "not a doctor".
    hahaha... oh really Erin?

Also, Roy apparently has said "it doesn't look good."
    Last edited by BlueintheFace; 11-19-2008 at 12:01 AM.

on the replay, it looks like he hit his wrist against the backboard

Kentucky = bush league

Kentucky is terrible, after watching the UNC-KY game. I also think Gillespie is extremely overrated. I don't see much team discipline with Kentucky, or chemistry for that matter. And I'm so glad VMI beat them. Patrick Patterson's quote saying they'd be cutting down nets in Detroit went to crap as soon as he said it, being that Kentucky hasn't proved much other than the fact they belong in DII. If he makes it to Detroit, it won't be because his team made it there, he'll be a spectator.

Hopefully Zeller's injury is minor and he recovers quickly. I hate seeing players get hurt.
    Bob Green

hahaha... oh really Erin?

Of course, Roy's not a doctor, either.

Quote Originally Posted by CLT Devil View Post
    This might be a biased opinion, and I saw it only on the replay, but I didn't see where the KY defender even touched Zeller. The crowd was calling for his head (typical Tar Heel ignorance) and I think they ended up charging him with a Tech, but did anyone see anything to warrant a T? It seems he got hurt more on landing, like he tried to grab the board with his left hand to slow his fall, missed, which resulted in him coming down awkward.

Anyway, hate to see anyone get hurt, especially when the game is in the bag like that. On a brighter note for the 'holes, Thompson seems to have significantly improved his jumper...albeit against a KY team that looked disjointed all night.

He got him solid with the body. On the replays the contact can't be seen because the Zeller kid's body is blocking the view. It was a stupid foul, but not a dirty one. The UK player was only charged with a foul, not a technical nor even an intentional foul.

I think they should clear people and equipment out from under the basket. Even when players don't crash into all that stuff, you can often see them landing awkwardly in an attempt to avoid the clutter. I'm not sure it is responsible for this particular injury, but everytime I see a player falling into it I get annoyed.

I hope he wasn't referring to Erin.

Obviously, even though he's a 'Hole, I hope he's not seriously injured. From my ABC POV, I don't think it matters much - I don't think the kid's ready to contribute significantly, rather than to be a body to give Flopborough a rest. I'm sure he's going to be good, and I'll be loathing him by his junior year, but for right now he looks very raw. Davis looked a lot more ready to contribute for the 'Holes this year.

What I couldn't figure out was whether UNC was as good as KY made them look. KY was awful. Plain and simple, they came out playing lazy, stupid, disorganized basketball, with no movement on offense and no defense whatsoever. They didn't run back to defend breaks. They looked worse than just lost, they looked like they didn't care. I was amazed that they hung around 15-20 points back in the 2nd half (though by then I was watching Davidson and only switching over to the KY Jelly game on breaks). Even without Hanstravel and Ginyard, UNC probably should have put them down by 40 or more.

Bad Team

Quote Originally Posted by Got_Duke View Post
    Kentucky is terrible, after watching the UNC-KY game. I also think Gillespie is extremely overrated. I don't see much team discipline with Kentucky, or chemistry for that matter. And I'm so glad VMI beat them. Patrick Patterson's quote saying they'd be cutting down nets in Detroit went to crap as soon as he said it, being that Kentucky hasn't proved much other than the fact they belong in DII. If he makes it to Detroit, it won't be because his team made it there, he'll be a spectator.
    Kentucky is just bad. No defense and no disipline on offense. Poor coaching. Patterson got just what he deserved. The only nets he will cut down may be when he becomes the janitor. Go Duke!

ouchie

Quote Originally Posted by jv001 View Post
    Kentucky is just bad. No defense and no disipline on offense. Poor coaching. Patterson got just what he deserved. The only nets he will cut down may be when he becomes the janitor. Go Duke!
    Wow.
    I hope thats just the annoyance of watching the heels win ... again ... coming thru. And the frustration that we are seemingly having issues with our post play VERY early in the year. Cuz it bugs me too.

But to say the guy is going to be a janitor...
    Seems harsh.

Quote Originally Posted by sandinmyshoes View Post
    He got him solid with the body. On the replays the contact can't be seen because the Zeller kid's body is blocking the view. It was a stupid foul, but not a dirty one. The UK player was only charged with a foul, not a technical nor even an intentional foul.

I think they should clear people and equipment out from under the basket. Even when players don't crash into all that stuff, you can often see them landing awkwardly in an attempt to avoid the clutter. I'm not sure it is responsible for this particular injury, but everytime I see a player falling into it I get annoyed.
    I watched it live and it appeared to me the Kentucky player kind of stood over Zeller and stared him down after the foul. Then later you saw him walk over to Zeller once he realized it was more serious. I got the sense he went after the ball but my immediate reaction when watching it live was that it was with too much aggression. Guaranteed if that had happened to one of our players, Duke fans would have been calling for his head on a platter.

I agree re: all the people and crap under the baskets and just behind the baselines. Everyone and everything should be moved back. It's not like it would hurt video coverage or photo opps.

Great handle, Dr. Rosenrosen. Which way is the records room?

Quote Originally Posted by Got_Duke View Post
    It pains my bluegrass soul to admit it but, aside from the VMI glee & DII gibberish, I have to agree whole heartedly with this. Gillespie has made no improvements over his lumbering, disjointed first year. He has the horses. He has the support. He has the program. He just doesn't have the personal ability to bring it all together.

Thankfully, there is something else he doesn't have - a contract.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Rosenrosen View Post
    I watched it live and it appeared to me the Kentucky player kind of stood over Zeller and stared him down after the foul. Then later you saw him walk over to Zeller once he realized it was more serious. I got the sense he went after the ball but my immediate reaction when watching it live was that it was with too much aggression. Guaranteed if that had happened to one of our players, Duke fans would have been calling for his head on a platter.

I agree re: all the people and crap under the baskets and just behind the baselines. Everyone and everything should be moved back. It's not like it would hurt video coverage or photo opps.
    ... I think you read into body language way too much. I made the journey over to IC just to see how angry they were and 90% of the posters seemed to believe it was just an unfortunate foul and that their was no intent...now that is saying something.