View Poll Results: How many times do you usually hit the snooze button before you get up in the morning

Voters
43. You may not vote on this poll

16 37.21%

7 16.28%

7 16.28%
  • 3+

13 30.23%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Just how many times do you Snooze?

I hate doing it but I love it.

Zero for me. It has taken some effort, and I have the occasional lapse where I fall back asleep and mess things up, but I generally turn off the alarm, take 3 minutes or so to collect myself, and then get out of bed. It's a really good habit to establish.

way too many.

perhaps once a month-or less-on weekends only

I don't even use an alarm, unless I have to catch a plane at 6am or something.

The alarm clock is on the other side of the room and once I'm up I'm awake.

I don't generally use an alarm. My wife FINALLY conditioned herself to get up at the first alarm when we had our first son. When we were dating, she used to set her alarm 50 minutes, that's right, 50 minutes!, before she had to get up so she could hit snooze like eight times. She didn't even register it until the fourth or fifth time. It was insane. I thank the Lord almost every day for THAT little change.

Zero. I have not used the alarm clock in more than six years. Just one of those things. I naturally wake up around 6:30 every morning and can tell myself, "sleep for 15 more minutes," and it works.

Six years and no oversleep yet.

-EarlJam

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    I drive my wife insane with it. I set my clock for 6:30, and usually get out of bed about 7:30, with a 9 minute snooze rotation. Maybe bjornolf's wife is my long lost sister.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    I drive my wife insane with it. I set my clock for 6:30, and usually get out of bed about 7:30, with a 9 minute snooze rotation. Maybe bjornolf's wife is my long lost sister.
    Perhaps the 3 of us are related. I'm just as bad. I set the alarm for 6 and get up around 7. I just hate getting up in the mornings. Mornings, blahhhhh

We must also be related. I have about the same rotation/times.

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by sue71 View Post
    We must also be related. I have about the same rotation/times.
    Hmmmmm...maybe our parents know each other better than we think.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

If I snooze, I hit it twice. Snoozing usually happens when it gets colder outside, rarely in the summer. I am part bear.

Hmmmmm...maybe our parents know each other better than we think.
    Ooops, maybe Sue's and my parents DO know each other, but that was meant for DukePA's comment. Hell, my dad probably knows Sue's whole family, somehow he knows everybody I do.

Zero.

I hate getting up in the morning as much as the next guy, probably more, which is why I NEVER hit the snooze button.

Think about it. It makes no sense at all:

Let's see. I'm a guy who hates being awakened in the morning by the $%%# alarm clock. So, to solve the problem, I'll do it over and over and over again. What?!?

The snooze button just magnifies the frustration of getting up in the morning. If you hit the snooze button, say, 4 times, and you have a 9-minute snooze, you just lost 36 minutes of good sleep. You get no good sleep after the first time the alarm goes off. AND, to top it off, you have to be jarred awake by the stinking alarm 4 times more frequently than is necessary.

(Full disclosure: Many years ago, I hit the snooze button 2-4 times every morning. I finally realized it was counterproductive. So, I'm a reformed snoozer. My sleep is much better now. Snoozers, do yourselves a favor: set your clock for the time you have to get up, and get right up out of bed, no matter how painful. Over time, it becomes much easier and your overall sleep is improved greatly.)

/soapbox

Like others, I don't use an alarm clock.

YAY for no alarmclocks

I haven't used an alarmclock for several years and it's wonderful!

*But my husband says I should note that I am a morning person. So in a sense it's not fair. When I had to leave for work at 6, I did use an alarm.

Until recently I had been hitting the snooze for at least 30-45 minutes every morning. I don't have as much leeway in my morning schedule now, so I'm down to 15 minutes or less of snooze time.

As for rsvman's comments, I don't hit the snooze because I want to but because I'm incapable of waking up. Hitting the snooze is definitely counterproductive. But I don't set the alarm earlier to accomodate my snooze time, I set it when I really need to get up, yet no matter how hard I try, I just don't reach full consciousness the first time the alarm goes off.

Mornings just don't agree with me.

I hit it 4 times. The alarm goes off at 6:20, and I hit the snooze for an additional 20 minutes of snooze time.

I am NOT a morning person, so it takes some time for me to wake up.

Technically, I don't hit snooze, I just have 4 different alarm times. (I use a pocket pc as my alarm clock.)

I just don't wake up enough on the first one; after the 2nd, I turn on a radio and gently wake up; I try and get up by the third; the 4th is more a "if you're not up and moving by now, you're REALLY going to be late" sort of warning.

I get some crazy dreams happening between the 1st and third, which I really love.