Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Clemson 31, Duke 7 (FB)

Last edited by killerleft; 11-14-2008 at 11:03 AM. Reason: add link!

Quote Originally Posted by killerleft View Post
    Our players' attitudes going into this game are great. They have to believe they can win or they don't stand a chance in this game or any remaining games. We should be past being apologists.... that goes for fans as well.

Thanks for bringing this article to the board.

Duke at Clemson FB Thread

This should be a good, competitive ACC game that is important for both teams. This looks to be shaping up a lot like the Vandy game earlier this year. Duke is coming off a tough, home ACC lost, and the game has been under the radar all week. Clemson is slumping, and does not look like the usuall tough Clemson teams.

If the play calling, enthusiasm, and overall toughness of the Devils is better tomorrow, than Duke should have a good chance to win.

They are a 12 1/2 point underdog, but that does not mean much for the Devils.

I think Thad and company will have a good game, and Duke will win a close, offensive struggle, 17-10.

Opinions and Comments for the game post below,

I'm sad that nobody has commented on this at all, but its turns out what I thought last week was true, the loss to State would pretty much shoot the football teams relevance in the foot, now that BBall season is under way.

It will be very difficult for Duke to win any of the remaining 3 games, since VT, Clemson and UNC pretty much eclipse Duke in the talent area. That doesn't mean Duke cannot win, but they have to play pretty much mistake free AND they need to seize redzone opportunities. I thought at the beginning of the season if Duke could finish 5-7 that would be one hell of an accomplishment. Now it would be even more so becasue even at their worst, these 3 teams will be very hard for Duke to overcome. The boys have nothing to lose and everything to gain for the program by stealing a win somewhere in November. It can be done, but they need to play a lot better than they did against WF and NCSU.

Quote Originally Posted by RelativeWays View Post
    I'm sad that nobody has commented on this at all, but its turns out what I thought last week was true, the loss to State would pretty much shoot the football teams relevance in the foot, now that BBall season is under way.

It will be very difficult for Duke to win any of the remaining 3 games, since VT, Clemson and UNC pretty much eclipse Duke in the talent area. That doesn't mean Duke cannot win, but they have to play pretty much mistake free AND they need to seize redzone opportunities. I thought at the beginning of the season if Duke could finish 5-7 that would be one hell of an accomplishment. Now it would be even more so becasue even at their worst, these 3 teams will be very hard for Duke to overcome. The boys have nothing to lose and everything to gain for the program by stealing a win somewhere in November. It can be done, but they need to play a lot better than they did against WF and NCSU.
    Yes, I completely agree.

And it is pretty sad that once the Basketball season started, Duke FOOTBALL talk on DBR pretty much died.

I know this is Duke BASKETBALL Report, but this has been a great year for football, and this site was loaded with football stories and threads. So its pretty upsetting that when duke basketball starts playing teams like Presbytarian and Georgia Southern, football was pretty much out of the picture.

I hope a big win for the Devils tomorrow will spark up the football talk here for the remaining month of Duke's season

I'm looking forward to seeing the game on TV and listening to Bob Harris on the radio. This team has already demonstrated that Duke shouldn't expect to lose in football. I like their attitude and their work ethic. Look for the Devils to take that Tiger by the tail....

GO DUKE! Beat Clemson!

Quote Originally Posted by wolfpackdevil View Post
    Yes, I completely agree.

And it is pretty sad that once the Basketball season started, Duke FOOTBALL talk on DBR pretty much died.

I know this is Duke BASKETBALL Report, but this has been a great year for football, and this site was loaded with football stories and threads. So its pretty upsetting that when duke basketball starts playing teams like Presbytarian and Georgia Southern, football was pretty much out of the picture.

I hope a big win for the Devils tomorrow will spark up the football talk here for the remaining month of Duke's season
    wait we're still playing football?

Duke 20 - Clemson 16

Quote Originally Posted by Devil in the Blue Dress View Post
    I'm looking forward to seeing the game on TV and listening to Bob Harris on the radio. This team has already demonstrated that Duke shouldn't expect to lose in football. I like their attitude and their work ethic. Look for the Devils to take that Tiger by the tail....

GO DUKE! Beat Clemson!
    I plan to be planted in front of my TV at noon, rather than playing golf. No loss of interest in this team, which has, and is, making huge strides forward. Three games left to win two and gain bowl eligibility - a very tough order but doable. Today's "over-under" is 42. I'll take the under, Duke winning 20 - 16. Vince Oghobaase, Mike Tauiliili and Vinnie Rey have huge games stopping the Tigers often enough, and holding them to FG's often enough, for Duke to win. Someone on our D is going to score a touchdown today.
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com

Quote Originally Posted by wolfpackdevil View Post

and Duke will win a close, offensive struggle, 17-10.
    I must ask, is 17-10 an offensive struggle ... or is that a struggle to create offense?

I pick higher numbers for both, with the Devils prevailing at 28- 24.

Just about an hour and a half 'till kickoff...can't wait for this game to get started.

Also, and this is probably the only time you'll hear me say this, but go Maryland! Beat those heels!

Everyone getting ready to sit down and watch the game? Go Duke!

Check! Waiting for the coin toss.

This news business on WRAL is going to end when the game starts, right?

No. WRAL is sticking with this tornado story. They said the game is going to be on one of their alternate digital channels (carried on TWC 256).

For those of us on DirecTV without an over the air antenna to pick it up, we're out of luck. Thankfully at least I can get ESPN360 at home, so it sounds like I'll be watching on the computer.

Quote Originally Posted by DukeUsul View Post
    No. WRAL is sticking with this tornado story. They said the game is going to be on one of their alternate digital channels (carried on TWC 256).

For those of us on DirecTV without an over the air antenna to pick it up, we're out of luck. Thankfully at least I can get ESPN360 at home, so it sounds like I'll be watching on the computer.
    Off to channel 256 then. Shame we'll miss out on the HD, oh well. Anyone going to snrub for this game?

WTF! ESPN360 is blacking it out for me since it knows I'm in Durham.

>!J!&^!@$#*&^!@*&!@&*

as a directv subscriber I am beside myself.. I can get as much info as I want on the weather ONLINE. WRAL blew it

Tornado coverage on WRAL in the Triangle area so I'll try 256.

Quote Originally Posted by cbfx3 View Post
    as a directv subscriber I am beside myself.. I can get as much info as I want on the weather ONLINE. WRAL blew it
    If it were a current emergency situation I'd understand, but it's been quite some time since the tornado went through.

Defense holds and clumpson punts to about our 25 yard line with a favorable bounce for us.