Thread: Sidney Lowe Jr

Sidney Lowe Jr

So... now I am seeing a military rifle and drugs and stolen goods in the car he was in? Holding students hostage while robbing them?

Holy cow, the guy is a criminal!

So I have to ask; where does Dad fit in? I mean... I think I can attribute a lot of what I learned in my life to my parents. My general sense of right and wrong, my consideration for others; all of that links back. So... how much responsibility does his dad bear in this? What sort of guidance, or lack thereof, did Dad offer? And what does it say about him as a person?

I am really baffled by this story and a bit disgusted to be frank.

I saw this story on CBS Sportsline a few days ago, but opted not to post about it.

The story is about Mr. Lowe's SON, not about Mr. Lowe. I don't see how you this story is relevant to Duke basketball specifically or to basketball in general.

Well, I do think that such a major transgression can certainly reflect on a father, no? And when that father is a high profile coach like this, entrusted with taking care of men the same age as his own son and guiding them through the sometimes seedy world of athletics... I don't know, that is a bit worrisome to me.

I am sorry if I came off as too harsh at first, but yikes, this strikes me as somewhat bad.

Quote Originally Posted by rsvman View Post
    I saw this story on CBS Sportsline a few days ago, but opted not to post about it.

The story is about Mr. Lowe's SON, not about Mr. Lowe. I don't see how you this story is relevant to Duke basketball specifically or to basketball in general.
    Agreed. Better to just drop it. It is what it is.

Keep it moving

Absolutely. It clearly has nothing to do with basketball, or ACC basketball. Hell, if Coach K's daugher or son-in-law was in trouble with the law I'm sure no one would talk about it(??). I'm content to bury my head in the sand on this one. Nothing to see here...move along.

Quote Originally Posted by feldspar View Post
    Agreed. Better to just drop it. It is what it is.

the son sounds like real real bad news -- multiple run ins with the law and now he tried to murder someone. if the attempted murder is indeed true, this guy never should see the light of day again and i hope that the fact that he has a famous father doesn't get him any leniancy.

I feel for Coach Lowe and the Coach Reid of the Philadelphia Eagles and Coach Dungy of the Colts. I have a 14 yr old son of my own who thinks he's a man already. Nuff said.