Sirius/XM merger: I want my Disorder!

I'm a Sirius subscriber and they canned my 2 favorite channels, Sirius Disorder and Left of Center. LOC more or less has a replacement with XMU, although when I've heard it in rental cars before it hasn't been as good. The website says Disorder fans may like the Loft, but that stations seems closer to the Coffee House. It seems comparable to saying those of you who like Coach K may be satisfied with Bucky Waters. No offense to Bucky Waters, but come on!

I can't find an email contact to voice my opinion. Let's start a grassroots movement to reinstate the best radio station not on radio! Fight the power!!!

I'm ticked as well, but as an XM subscriber.

I've lost several of my more listened to stations, (The Rhyme, XCounty, Ethel, Big Tracks, etc) and couldn't care less about Howard Stern.

I'm really considering dropping my subscription and just listening to NPR round the clock.

I'm a Sirius subscriber and thankful they left my Classic Rewind alone!

rewind

i occasionally flip by and stop on rewind, but really you can hear all of that music on radio for free (granted, with commercial interruptions). disorder was something that made sirius truly distinct.

So it finally happened, did it? I didn't notice becuase I'm so rarely in the car, and my wife has the receiver in the car. I listen on Dish Network on the tube at home, and on the internet at work.

The one and only reason I have Sirius is the relatively young (September 2006-) SIrius Metropolitan Opera channel. In preparation for the move, I suppose, they moved it from 85 to 78. It's also now contiguous with the Pops and Classical stations.

In the car, I find that I listed pretty much only to Met, Sirius Blues, Blue Collar Comedy, Shade 45, and ESPN.

A movie is not about what it's about; it's about how it's about it.
    ---Roger Ebert

Some questions cannot be answered
    Who’s gonna bury who
    We need a love like Johnny, Johnny and June
    ---Over the Rhine

Yea, the merger of radio stations became effective yesterday. The Rhyme, Raw XL and The City are all canned. They did bring in Shade 45 from Sirius, which is cool, but The Rhyme will be sorely missed.

An extra $4/month to get NFL? No thanks, I'll take all the other sports for free
    Check out the Duke Basketball Roundup!

2003-2004 HLM
    Duke | Mirecourt | Detroit| The U | USA

I like the fact that they seem to be keeping more of the Sirius channel names. We have Sirius in the car but XM on the TV through DirecTV and I can never understand which XM channels play what... the names are just made up. Fred? What the frick music will I get on the Fred channel? I also think Classic Rewind is a bit more descriptive than Big Tracks or whatever it used to be called on XM.

I mostly listen to Classic Rewind, First Wave, Chill, Pure Jazz (now Real Jazz), Symphony, CNN, and NPR, so I don't have many issues with the change.

Quote Originally Posted by throatybeard View Post
    So it finally happened, did it? I didn't notice becuase I'm so rarely in the car, and my wife has the receiver in the car. I listen on Dish Network on the tube at home, and on the internet at work.

The one and only reason I have Sirius is the relatively young (September 2006-) SIrius Metropolitan Opera channel. In preparation for the move, I suppose, they moved it from 85 to 78. It's also now contiguous with the Pops and Classical stations.

In the car, I find that I listed pretty much only to Met, Sirius Blues, Blue Collar Comedy, Shade 45, and ESPN.
    XM replaced "Vox" with the All Met All The Time station. We lost a lot of good vocal, non-operatic music. No more Gregorian chant, for the love of God!

I'm really hoping they keep most of the stations wide open and keep playing the more obscure bands alongside the well known ones.

And I always wondered what happened to Ricky. We had Lucy, Ethyl, and Fred - I liked those channels.

-jk

Check out the Duke Basketball Roundup!

2003-2004 HLM
    Duke | Mirecourt | Detroit| The U | USA