Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by cato View Post
    Is this true? I would have thought LA was more valuable. They've got plenty of history, and have been relevent in the past decade.
    http://www.nba.com/nba_news/knicks_f...html?rss=true

or

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_York_Knicks

Oh and I have to add this. Duhon wasn't even ranked in the top 50 for point guards even though his system favors point guards. In fact he was ranked #92 by Sportsline's ranking system behind ROOKIES who hadn't played a game.

Duhon was projected out to 999 fantasy points and an avg. of 3.47 assists per game over the season.

Marbury is ranked higher than Chris even though it was known that his time with the Knicks would be short as they try to create cap space.

Currently Duhon is in the top 15 behind names like Wade, Billups, Kidd, Vince and Kobe. Currently, He is averaging 8.47 apg and ALREADY has 527 fantasy points.

http://fantasynews.sportsline.com/fa...G/standard/ytd

He should probably shoot more but only Chris Paul, Jose Calderon, and Jason Kidd have more assists. This is what I'm talking about - I think there should be a lot more respect there and the Marbury distraction doesn't seem to be helping matters.

He is helping the Knicks save face. They won a pitiful 23 games last year and are on pace for a possible 35-45 wins this year. The Knicks appear to have a chance in the Atlantic division outside of beating Boston perhaps and much of that is due to Duhon...

Some game today!

Chris had a great game today against the Pistons. 25 points on 8 for 14 shooting, 3-5 behind from three, 6-6 from the line. 5 rebounds, 9 assists, 2 turnovers, and 1 foul. Played all 48 minutes, and the Knicks won by 12.

After his last few games (low on points, high on turnovers) this is a nice recovery. The Knicks are still awfully depleted though. They need to get some of their players going.

Quote Originally Posted by Acymetric View Post
    Chris had a great game today against the Pistons. 25 points on 8 for 14 shooting, 3-5 behind from three, 6-6 from the line. 5 rebounds, 9 assists, 2 turnovers, and 1 foul. Played all 48 minutes, and the Knicks won by 12.
    Gee, is anyone worried that Chris will wear himself out and won't have any legs left in March/April/May? I think not.

Way to go C-Du! Du Du Du Duhon!
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com

God, the Knicks must find some sort of back-up for Duhon. He's playing 40+ minutes every single game. (I'm sure he's actually happy with it, though)

Quote Originally Posted by OZZIE4DUKE View Post
    Gee, is anyone worried that Chris will wear himself out and won't have any legs left in March/April/May? I think not.

Way to go C-Du! Du Du Du Duhon!
    haha.. didn't see this before I posted. Actually I'm kinda worried.

Quote Originally Posted by wisteria View Post
    haha.. didn't see this before I posted. Actually I'm kinda worried.
    Actually, judging from their forums, a lot of Knick fans are a bit worried, and want to see a usable, healthy backup behind Chris.

(I read knick forums for the comedy. The conflict between the hysterical 12 year old Starbury fan club, and the rational fans has provided a great deal of entertainment these past few months.)

Quote Originally Posted by Acymetric View Post

After his last few games (low on points, high on turnovers) this is a nice recovery. The Knicks are still awfully depleted though. They need to get some of their players going.
    It is amazing what a change of venue and some confidence from a coach can do for a player. Maybe the same thing will happen to JJ.

Quote Originally Posted by dukelifer View Post
    It is amazing what a change of venue and some confidence from a coach can do for a player. Maybe the same thing will happen to JJ.
    its amazing what a new coach and PG can do for a team! The knicks being nearly .500 and beating the stalwart pistons, all while NOT playing players like curry and marbury is remarkable for this point in the season.

As a huge Knick and Duke fan, I have been overjoyed watching Duhon's play this season. After Donnie Walsh blew up the team in a Lebron 2010 cap clearing frenzy (applauded by most fans, myself included) a mere two weeks ago, Duhon has really stepped up his game. Prior to that, he was WAY too passive on offense, especially on his drives where he'd be looking to pass even with an opening to the hoop. Now, he is looking to finish his drives and it has made him much more dangerous. He is playing really big minutes the last few games because Nate Robinson got hurt on Friday. With Marbury out of the picture, Mardy Collins and Jamal Crawford traded away, Robinson hurt, and Cuttino Mobley out while he figures out why he has an enlarged heart, Duhon and Anthony Roberson are manning the point. That would have been a prime time D1 match-up circa 2004. Anyway, the Knicks are hurting for backcourt bodies. Their next game is against the Bulls - holders of a nearly identical record but viewed around the league as a major dissapointment (I really can't bear the jokes about how Deng's off-season contract was the biggest robbery this side of Jesse James). CDu will have the pleasure of chasing Derrick Rose around - just another day at the office, luckily the guy never gets tired.

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Dat View Post
    Their next game is against the Bulls - holders of a nearly identical record but viewed around the league as a major dissapointment (I really can't bear the jokes about how Deng's off-season contract was the biggest robbery this side of Jesse James).
    I agree they've been dissapointing, but they are still young, and Deng has been hurt. Though its fair to say he hasn't performed near expectations and something seems off...

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Dat View Post
    CDu will have the pleasure of chasing Derrick Rose around - just another day at the office, luckily the guy never gets tired.
    For realzies. Kid played all 48 last night. And while I didnt see the game, I'd have to guess he was chasing Iverson around for a good portion of it...

11. Quote Originally Posted by dukelifer View Post
    On that note, wouldn't JJ be a good fit for the Knicks? The Knicks are shorthanded and defense isn't the biggest thing; JJ has the conditioning to run continuously and excels in the catch and shoot. CDu's assists can go even further through the roof.

It is my wildest dream to see JJ with Lebron...

Quote Originally Posted by SupaDave View Post
    It is my wildest dream to see JJ with Lebron...
    copycat. wow that would be ridiculous.

On that note, after playing significant minutes for a whole bunch of games and not playing poorly but just playing fairly adequately, its now halftime and JJ hasn't seen the floor against the Clippers...

Hmmmm

Can we imagine a Duke NBA team? We'd be hated by all -- but, heck, as Duke fans, we're used to that.

Put together a Duke NBA team -- of current players, and a few who have been discarded (such as Daniel Ewing), and add a strong center from somewhere, and me-thinks we can compete with anyone.

The Knicks should consider such -- as should the current lowly (sigh) Clippers.

I know it's a pipe dream, but... sure would be fun to see JJ, and Elton, and Shane, and L.Deng, and Chris D and CoreyM, and Mike D. & Grant H, etc. on a team doing battle with the rest of the NBA. Talk about HATRED -- sure to bring such and sold out tickets from coast to coast.

Well, at one point the Clippers did have Brand, Maggette, Ewing and I think Livingston. (I know he doesn't really count)

The Pacers have Dunleavy and McRoberts now and the Bulls had Deng and Duhon. I doubt any team has ever had more than the three Duke players the Clippers had playing together.

So, so, SO proud of Chris Duhon. He was a fantastic player at Duke, and I certainly never expected him to blow up like this. Awesome news, and yet more proof that Duke does produce a few good pros every now and then

15 points, 14 assists, and 9 rebounds in a very close loss to the Bulls. I was screaming for one more rebound.

Chris outplayed Rose most of the game.

Chris logged in another 45 minutes. And he does look tired.

CDu's minutes

Chris is playing absurd minutes. Check this out--

NBA leaders in Minutes Per Game
    1. Steven Jackson, GS - 40:47/game
    2. Chris Duhon, NY - 40:23/game
    3. Chris Bosh, Tor - 40:03
    4. Joe Johnson, Atl - 39:30/game
    5. Ron Artest, Hou - 38:30/game
    6. Derrick Rose, Chi - 38:23/game
    7. Antwan Jamison, Was - 38:23/game

Interesting list, no?

--Jason "one has to wonder how Derrick Rose will hold up over a full season playing this much" Evans

I'd like to see Deng play for the knicks, think he'd be good in that offense. Maybe knicks could trade curry back to chicago for deng? Chicago seems to favor local players, and they could use front line help.

Quote Originally Posted by dukemomLA View Post
    Can we imagine a Duke NBA team? We'd be hated by all -- but, heck, as Duke fans, we're used to that.

Put together a Duke NBA team -- of current players, and a few who have been discarded (such as Daniel Ewing), and add a strong center from somewhere, and me-thinks we can compete with anyone.

The Knicks should consider such -- as should the current lowly (sigh) Clippers.

I know it's a pipe dream, but... sure would be fun to see JJ, and Elton, and Shane, and L.Deng, and Chris D and CoreyM, and Mike D. & Grant H, etc. on a team doing battle with the rest of the NBA. Talk about HATRED -- sure to bring such and sold out tickets from coast to coast.
    I have often thought about this idea and then pushed it from my mind as I thought it could be the one thing that would lure K to the NBA ;^)

However - it also occured to me that most of the current alumni in the NBA were not Duke's most hated - save, perhaps, for Dahntay. The K era most hated squad would probably look something like:

1 - Wojo, Paulus off the bench
    2- JJ
    3 - Dahntay
    4 - Ferry
    C- Laettner