View Poll Results: What is your LEAST favorite month (based on experience)...Why?

Voters
31. You may not vote on this poll
  • January sucks

5 16.13%
  • February sucks

11 35.48%
  • March sucks

0 0%
  • April sucks

5 16.13%
  • May sucks

0 0%
  • June sucks

0 0%
  • July sucks

3 9.68%
  • August sucks

5 16.13%
  • September sucks

2 6.45%
  • October sucks

0 0%
  • November sucks

0 0%
  • December sucks

0 0%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Worst month of the year.

We always like to talk about favorites here on the OTB, but tonight, at 12:33 a.m. I would like to pose the following question:

In your personal history, what would you consider to be your least favorite month of the year? Mine is April. I've had more people I know, and more relationships to die that month than any other by far.

Yours? Please tell...and why.

Love,

-EarlJam

Quote Originally Posted by EarlJam View Post
    In your personal history, what would you consider to be your least favorite month of the year? Mine is April. I've had more people I know, and more relationships to die that month than any other by far.

Yours? Please tell...and why.

Love,

-EarlJam
    September. Same reason.

Quote Originally Posted by wilson View Post
    September. Same reason.
    I've come to pretty much expect that each April I will either break up with someone or a family member or friend will die.

-EJ

Despite the fact that it's the month of my wife's birthday, I hate July. I don't like summer heat, and I don't like any of the sports that are on at the time. June is a close second.

Favorite month is probably December.

Quote Originally Posted by billybreen View Post
    Despite the fact that it's the month of my wife's birthday, I hate July. I don't like summer heat, and I don't like any of the sports that are on at the time. June is a close second.

Favorite month is probably December.
    You live up north, right? I agree with you. I wish I lived somewhere where it snowed more.

-EJ

You live up north, right? I agree with you. I wish I lived somewhere where it snowed more.

-EJ
    Boston, yeah, after growing up in Chucktown, SC. I love me some snow, and so does my transplanted southern dog (as you can see from the avatar).

Boston, yeah, after growing up in Chucktown, SC. I love me some snow, and so does my transplanted southern dog (as you can see from the avatar).
    Snow can instantaneously turn me into a ten year old. I love it. It's magical. There have been a few times when snow has moved into Atlanta after 3:00 a.m.

Each time, I stayed up for it, waiting.

Maybe I need to move north.

-EJ

Thumbs down

I picked August (..even though it's my birth month). If I lived in the So. Hemisphere, It 'aint too bad' during that time in Australia or Peru, etc.

But for us folks in the US and Canada, August sucks. Hot and dry on the West Coast. Hot and humid on the East Coast -- and, usually, no great hurricanes ready to come until September. Either drought or too much rain in the Midwest, and giant black flies in Minnesota, etc.

August is a good time to spend in the Northeast -- Maine, NH, VT -- etc. But then again it's a month without an R, so...lobster/clam fishing-digging is not acceptable. Wait for September.

Thumbs down

January.

A.k.a. Bill month.

Snow is one of God's greatest gifts to us.

I voted for July. I get really depressed in late July because just about everywhere I've lived, despite the fact that it's been really hot for a long time, you're still three months (or more, some years) away from non-hot. Saint Louis is, of course, a little better. A little. But I hate May, because it's just getting hot and the road ahead is longer. And I hate September, because September is like why the hell is it still so damn hot?

A movie is not about what it's about; it's about how it's about it.
    ---Roger Ebert

Some questions cannot be answered
    Who’s gonna bury who
    We need a love like Johnny, Johnny and June
    ---Over the Rhine

Quote Originally Posted by throatybeard View Post
    Warm 70 degree weather in winter is God's greatest gift to us...

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    February totally blows. It's the coldest month, and the most depressing because the leaves have been off the trees for 4 months and everything is it's most drab.
    The only redeeming quality of February is we are in the heart of the ACC season. Which is good because there is nothing to do other than watch basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    February totally blows. It's the coldest month, and the most depressing because the leaves have been off the trees for 4 months and everything is it's most drab.
    The only redeeming quality of February is we are in the heart of the ACC season. Which is good because there is nothing to do other than watch basketball.
    I concur, February is the worst. I've had family tragedies in February. And by February I'm sick of the winter. Also, we've had some bad basketball February's.

August. It's too hot. Unless I spend the entire month on Cape Cod like when I was a kid. Then it's the best month.

February. Valentine's Day. Blech!

In junior high and high school, all the pretty girls used to walk around school with armloads of flowers they'd received from their friends and boyfriends on Valentine's Day. I walked around with armloads of books.

In college things weren't much better. There were always Valentine's Dances, but I never had a BF to take to one, nor did I have a BF to invite me to one. It always felt like the loneliest day of the year.

Finally, I had a boyfriend. He surprised me with an engagement ring on Valentine's Day. I think we all know how THAT marriage turned out.

Oh, and then there was the year that I gave birth on February 13. Now, that was a happy day, but the next day (VALENTINE'S DAY) I didn't get flowers or a gift or chocolate.

I do not like Valentine's Day.

Valentine's Day is in February.

Therefore, February is my least favorite month.

Quote Originally Posted by throatybeard View Post

I voted for July. I get really depressed in late July because just about everywhere I've lived, despite the fact that it's been really hot for a long time, you're still three months (or more, some years) away from non-hot. Saint Louis is, of course, a little better. A little. But I hate May, because it's just getting hot and the road ahead is longer. And I hate September, because September is like why the hell is it still so damn hot?
    You need to move yourself up north.

Snow can instantaneously turn me into a ten year old. I love it. It's magical. There have been a few times when snow has moved into Atlanta after 3:00 a.m.

Each time, I stayed up for it, waiting.

Maybe I need to move north.

-EJ

Quote Originally Posted by DukeUsul View Post
    August. It's too hot. Unless I spend the entire month on Cape Cod like when I was a kid. Then it's the best month.
    I would have said August but for two reasons: it's the month of my birthday and college football season starts towards the end.

As a college student I would say August is definitely my least favorite.

After 8 weeks of my summer job as a summer camp counselor being a little kid and playing dodgeball all day has gotten old, I want something new to do. However the something new that I'm going to get, returning to school, is not exactly what I have in mind.

Saying goodbye to my boyfriend, friends, and comforts of civilization to return to small town WV is never fun. Glad I only have to do that one more time.

Smile

You need to move yourself south. And then maybe your dog will thaw.
    (I love that avatar).