View Poll Results: What toppings do you like on your pizza?

Voters
37. You may not vote on this poll
  • Just cheese please. I prefer it classic.

1 2.70%
  • Just veggies.

2 5.41%
  • Just meat.

13 35.14%
  • Meat and veggies.

14 37.84%
  • Other. Splain.

7 18.92%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Lavabe View Post
    Perhaps the correct question is:

What toppings DON'T you like on a pizza?

For me it's anchovies.

Cheers,
    Lavabe
    Artichokes.

I'll have a tiny fish on occasion when I don't think I've had enough sodium with the pizza itself.

Quote Originally Posted by Lavabe View Post
    Perhaps the correct question is:

What toppings DON'T you like on a pizza?

For me it's anchovies.

Cheers,
    Lavabe
    Actually, this sounds like it need another poll.

Mmmmmm... Chicago pizza. I miss you so. The best (in order):

1. Lou Malnati's - best crust
    2. Bacino's - best sauce
    3. Giordano's (tie)
    3. Gino's East (tie)

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Rosenrosen View Post
    Mmmmmm... Chicago pizza. I miss you so. The best (in order):

1. Lou Malnati's - best crust
    2. Bacino's - best sauce
    3. Giordano's (tie)
    3. Gino's East (tie)
    Definitely agree that Lous is tops. I would probably move Gino's up to an un-tied 3 or perhaps even 2.

I'm primarily a fan of New York style pizza and would easily choose that 4 times out of 5 over Chicago style but I do love indulging every year when we hit Chicago for the trade show.

I would choose New York or Chicago style over California Pizza 87 times out of 89.

Quote Originally Posted by 2535Miles View Post
    I'm primarily a fan of New York style pizza and would easily choose that 4 times out of 5 over Chicago style but I do love indulging every year when we hit Chicago for the trade show.

I would choose New York or Chicago style over California Pizza 87 times out of 89.
    No argument here either.

My favorite pizza is a half and half hand tossed.

first half - roasted red peppers and artichoke hearts.

second half - pepperoini, italian sausage, other meaty goodness.

Quote Originally Posted by billybreen View Post
    Definitely agree that Lous is tops. I would probably move Gino's up to an un-tied 3 or perhaps even 2.
    Heresy! Gino's is the Pizza King of Chicago!

Quote Originally Posted by Cavlaw View Post
    Heresy! Gino's is the Pizza King of Chicago!
    That's what my sister says. The wife says Lous. The wife always wins.

That's what my sister says. The wife says Lous. The wife always wins.
    Well my wife says Giordano's, so I know that's not true.

Where can I find such a pizza? That sounds like heaven.
    Most places carry both ingredients (and of course, we're not talking about the Pizza Hut clones), and even if it's not on the menu, we found that if the restaurant has other pasta dishes with meatballs, they'll make a meatball pizza and charge us like any other meat topping.

I have a yin-yang thing going. No, that's too much of a cross-cultural stretch. Let's call it a meatball - calzone thing.

On one hand - simple - plain white pizza: thin crust, olive oil, garlic, whatever blend of cheese they choose to use. Or for something completely different, one recommendation I'll offer for your consideration is Italian tomato pie. This is a rectangular, medium chewy crust, with nothing on top except a crushed tomato sauce with garlic and spices, served at room temp. I love how something that simple can be that good...

On the other hand - complex - garbage pizza: load it up with any combination of the usual meats and veggies. I don't care. And I don't mind if you get a bit funky with high-end gourmet versions of the standard toppings. (sun-dried tomato, feta cheese, fancy olives, etc) A medley of flavors and textures dancing on the palate.

But I don't want to see any birds (that means you, BBQ chicken - stay on the grill where you belong), any fishies (sorry little salty guys - maybe I'll catch you later with crackers and hot sauce), and any fruit. (Ms. Pineapple, I don't care if Mr. Ham said it was OK, you're not on the list.) If I'm around any pizza with that mess on it, I'm gonna settle for some salad.

mmmm... pizza.... Is it suppertime yet?

Shrooms!

The only meat I like on pizza is pepperoni, but I can do without that most of the time. If I do Satisfaction's lunch special, I always go for a slice of their mushroom. Yummy. There was a place in Durham AGES ago, I can't even remember the name. Near RTP, in fact, I think they were in the Triangle Square shopping center. They put tiny whole marinated fresh mushrooms on their pizza. SO GOOD!

Quote Originally Posted by Turk View Post
    I have a yin-yang thing going. No, that's too much of a cross-cultural stretch. Let's call it a meatball - calzone thing.

On one hand - simple - plain white pizza: thin crust, olive oil, garlic, whatever blend of cheese they choose to use. Or for something completely different, one recommendation I'll offer for your consideration is Italian tomato pie. This is a rectangular, medium chewy crust, with nothing on top except a crushed tomato sauce with garlic and spices, served at room temp. I love how something that simple can be that good...

On the other hand - complex - garbage pizza: load it up with any combination of the usual meats and veggies. I don't care. And I don't mind if you get a bit funky with high-end gourmet versions of the standard toppings. (sun-dried tomato, feta cheese, fancy olives, etc) A medley of flavors and textures dancing on the palate.

But I don't want to see any birds (that means you, BBQ chicken - stay on the grill where you belong), any fishies (sorry little salty guys - maybe I'll catch you later with crackers and hot sauce), and any fruit. (Ms. Pineapple, I don't care if Mr. Ham said it was OK, you're not on the list.) If I'm around any pizza with that mess on it, I'm gonna settle for some salad.

mmmm... pizza.... Is it suppertime yet?
    Is that by chance Miss Finch of 'Follow That Bird' in your avatar? Because if it is, I commend you.

Quote Originally Posted by hc5duke View Post
    Most places carry both ingredients (and of course, we're not talking about the Pizza Hut clones), and even if it's not on the menu, we found that if the restaurant has other pasta dishes with meatballs, they'll make a meatball pizza and charge us like any other meat topping.
    I actually dreamt about a meatball and chevre pizza last night.

Random thought - a surprisingly good pizza is available from Dominos in the UK. Tandoori chicken, green pepper and onion.

Random thought - a surprisingly good pizza is available from Dominos in the UK. Tandoori chicken, green pepper and onion.
    That does sound good.

Will they deliver to the US?

For Offbeat I like the Hawaiian or Bar-B-Q chicken pizzas.

For a classic style nothing is better than Pepperoni, Italian Sausage, mushroom and extra cheese.

Quote Originally Posted by wilson View Post
    Is that by chance Miss Finch of 'Follow That Bird' in your avatar? Because if it is, I commend you.
    Nope, sorry. (But now I have to look 'Follow That Bird' up...)

The avatar is the turkey from Muppet Family Christmas - he's "invited for dinner" by the Swedish Chef. He hits on Gonzo's little chicken friends, and convinces the Swedish Chef that Big Bird is actually the Christmas turkey. (I don't think it's too much of a spoiler for those who haven't seen it. BTW, this is a MANDATORY holiday television. If you haven't seen it, you need to go get it and watch it. I don't ask for much.)

"Watch out for the icy patch",
    Turk
    Attached Images Attached Images