Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill

UNC Football Jerseys - Duke Blue!

I caught a few minutes of the Tarheels on TV this weekend (kind of rare in the Boston area). What gives? They were wearing dark blue jerseys, not quite Duke Blue but close enough. I cry foul.

First time they wore navy blue since the Eisenhower administration, I heard. Butch Davis was quoted in an article last year saying that he wanted the team to wear navy blue more instead of that hideous shade they wear now. Expect to see more of it.
    Check out the Duke Basketball Roundup!

2003-2004 HLM
    Duke | Mirecourt | Detroit| The U | USA

Is that legal?

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    Quote Originally Posted by blazindw View Post
    Butch Davis was quoted in an article last year saying that he wanted the team to wear navy blue more instead of that hideous shade they wear now.
    Hideous indeed.

They are still wearing Duke Blue. Hmmmm, Butch Davis must not be from around these parts.

Love their new color-makes me think back to about 30 years ago at the Gothic wonderland.

Where's the lawyer from the Coke Zero ads? I want to file charges of taste infringement.

Not only that...

They've added dark blue, plus their "Carolina blue" also looks darker this year. If you see it from across the room, it's approaching Duke blue.

So they now have jerseys that are a hair darker than Duke blue with numerals that are a hair lighter than Duke blue.

It reminds me of what Microsoft is trying to do with Apple (imitation is the sincerest form of flattery).

Talking Yeah but...

...I am just thankful we are not trying to imitate the way your team plays on the football field

Sorry couldnt resist. In all seriousness, I think all Duke fans should be proud of the strides made this year. Coach Cut is doing a great job and once he recruits a few classes, 6 to 8 win seasons should be realistic. Its been done before.

Anyone got a link illustrating the offending jerseys?

Here's a picture...

...hope I "pushed the correct buttons!"

k
    Attached Images Attached Images

Hah!

The very fact that it's caused such a angst-filled controversy in tarheelia is evidence enough for me: they know something's wrong with it. Of course, that blog states that we're royal blue, when the actual color is "Duke blue," a shade darker than royal. Also adding to the controversy is the fact that Duke teams have worn navy blue at times in the past.

For the most part, Duke's always been "dark blue" and Carolina's always been "light blue."

Wink And don't forget...

...the long-standing tradition at UNC of having Duke Blue letter jackets.

They can't even stand themselves.

gross alert...

In such that you have to pick up poo in order to throw it...

Maybe we should don their colors in the last game..

Have signs that say "Give us our colors back!" "Stick to your Own Uni's".. that kinda thing

Lets make such a riot out of it that they are shamed BACK into wearing pisspot blue...

Heck maybe it will cause them to throw more INT's because of color confusion.. you never know..

Anyone know what Pantone equivalent that's supposed to be? Our blue is PMS 287 and carolina blue I believe is 278 (although 283 looks awful close too). Maybe someone at Nike transposed the digits.

I hope they wear that dark blue color on their hoop unis someday. Even Coach Vitale's good eye would pop out of his head...

Quote Originally Posted by childpsycho View Post
    ...the long-standing tradition at UNC of having Duke Blue letter jackets.
    Really, can you blame them? How could any self respecting male over the age of 5 stand to wear that much baby blue?

They're much more masculine than those sissy powder blues. Just another example of our friends copying their future bosses.

Your not really serious...

....with this post are you?