Beware Goduke JumpTV

I would like to warn everyone about this service - do not subscribe, it does not work. Having paid $10 on a monthly basis since last year, I tried to watch the LR game tonight. Nothing. And they do not make technical support easy either. They suck.

watching the game live as i type this message

I would like to second that motion. They ARE NOT in any way reliable and the quality is extremely low!! A very very bad service.

Ditto

Nothing but a blank screen

I could see the game, but suffered through periodic freezeups. Fortunately they used the radio feed for sound, so you always knew what was going on. Probably not worth $10 for 3 games, some of which you couldn't see.

Quote Originally Posted by mgtr View Post
    I could see the game, but suffered through periodic freezeups. Fortunately they used the radio feed for sound, so you always knew what was going on. Probably not worth $10 for 3 games, some of which you couldn't see.
    GoDuke.com service is $9.95 per month and I saw the game fine. They used Bob Harris' game call for audio.

Though I have frequently had problems with GoDuke over the years (see: Virginia Union game (or lack thereof)), there were no problems with tonight's broadcast. In fact, this was probably their best effort ever between the pretty good feed, multiple camera angles and the radio call of Bob, John, and Matthew. (The fact that we now have a video scoreboard should presumably enhance GoDuke and ACC Select broadcasts from Cameron).
    Trinity '97, Tent #1 '97
    Tampa

I've subscribed to the Duke Inside Access service for several years, and have rarely encountered any problems. Tonight I was able to watch the live videocast of the game online (accompanied by audio of Bob Harris' radio broadcast) with only a few brief "freeze frames" for rebuffering (the audio was uninterrupted). No complaints here.

Quote Originally Posted by msdukie View Post
    Though I have frequently had problems with GoDuke over the years (see: Virginia Union game (or lack thereof)), there were no problems with tonight's broadcast. In fact, this was probably their best effort ever between the pretty good feed, multiple camera angles and the radio call of Bob, John, and Matthew. (The fact that we now have a video scoreboard should presumably enhance GoDuke and ACC Select broadcasts from Cameron).
    I too had little trouble getting the game and was impressed that the audio of the radio broadcast was in sync with the video. However I was really upset with the use of the multiple camera angles. The view from behind the basket should only be used during live action for breakaways. For this game they switched to that angle almost every play in which the ball was within 15 feet of the basket. We must have missed at least 10 plays when a Duke player drove the lane and they switched to that crappy view from behind the basket only to miss the kickout pass. That angle should NEVER be used for halfcourt plays. It's almost like the political guys and their interactive maps. Just because they have it they feel they have to overuse it.

GoDuke.com service is $9.95 per month and I saw the game fine. They used Bob Harris' game call for audio.
    Same here. I must say it was refreshing to hear Bob Harris and John Roth call the game. Too bad they can't replace Dick Vitale's never ending babble on my television every winter.