Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: COY Poll Skew!

COY Poll Skew!

As silly as it is for this to be something fans can have any input on, especially this early in the season, lets get some poll skewing in for our football coach for coach of the year! You can vote once per day, I believe, so get your votes in!

http://www.coachoftheyear.com/

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Skip Holtz with the early lead...
    I wonder if Notre Dame tanks again this year if they'll go knocking on his door. He said it would take "a special circumstance" to leave ECU; I can't imagine that following his dad at ND is not that circumstance.

Coach Cut is currently 24th...lets keep up the good work! Vote every day!

Up to #21 now!

Bookmark the page and keep coming back!

Quote Originally Posted by El_Diablo View Post
    Up to #21 now!

Bookmark the page and keep coming back!
    He's up to 20th. now. Vote early! Vote often!

Double skew

Quote Originally Posted by Acymetric View Post
    You can vote once per day, I believe, so get your votes in!

http://www.coachoftheyear.com/
    If you vote from your home computer and your work computer, you can vote twice a day. Let's double skew this poll!
    Bob Green

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Green View Post
    If you vote from your home computer and your work computer, you can vote twice a day. Let's double skew this poll!
    You can also vote twice if you have two browsers. If you haven't dowloaded Firefox for free yet...here's your motivation!

FYI...Cut is now #19.

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    17th

Coy

I went and voted, I couldn't figure out how to see the entire list so I ask posters who vote to keep us all posted. I plan to vote every day and hope you all do too. Comments on your vote are not required, but I wrote "This guy has made Duke a competetive and winning team. Yes Duke. It's not quite parting the red sea or turning water into wine, but it's damn close!"

I appologize to everyone for missing the UVA game. But it seems having relatives in GA is a good thing. An uncle went to GT and it's quite possible I may head to Atlanta to see the next game. Most of my relatives down there are UGA fans and couldn't be reached by phone. Apparently after the Bama game they are standing on ledges or on chairs.

Oh, and this award raises the old question. Should COY be a coach who has success even when expected to like one of the power house program coaches. Or some coach who has unexpected success? Coach K often doesn't get his due due to being Duke and being expected to win. But I couldn't help notice big name coaches in this poll were getting a lot of praise and votes.

Quote Originally Posted by Latta6970 View Post
    I went and voted, I couldn't figure out how to see the entire list so I ask posters who vote to keep us all posted. I plan to vote every day and hope you all do too. Comments on your vote are not required, but I wrote "This guy has made Duke a competetive and winning team. Yes Duke. It's not quite parting the red sea or turning water into wine, but it's damn close!"

I appologize to everyone for missing the UVA game. But it seems having relatives in GA is a good thing. An uncle went to GT and it's quite possible I may head to Atlanta to see the next game. Most of my relatives down there are UGA fans and couldn't be reached by phone. Apparently after the Bama game they are standing on ledges or on chairs.

Oh, and this award raises the old question. Should COY be a coach who has success even when expected to like one of the power house program coaches. Or some coach who has unexpected success? Coach K often doesn't get his due due to being Duke and being expected to win. But I couldn't help notice big name coaches in this poll were getting a lot of praise and votes.
    Just keep voting. We can take this election and give Coach Cutcliffe his due!

just an FYI...if you clear your browsers cookies for anything that has coachoftheyear.com in it you can vote multiple times per day

I've voted 5 times already today...still at 17th though...keep voting!

Quote Originally Posted by El_Diablo View Post
    You can also vote twice if you have two browsers. If you haven't dowloaded Firefox for free yet...here's your motivation!
    I'm pretty sure if you clear your cookies, you will be able to vote right away again. But I like not having to log in every time I come back here, so I'm keeping my cookies.

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    I'm pretty sure if you clear your cookies, you will be able to vote right away again. But I like not having to log in every time I come back here, so I'm keeping my cookies.
    you can clear only specific cookies if you want...just go to view cookies and search for the ones you want to delete (ie...type in "coach") it will pull up only those cookies then select them and delete them

Look at the menu at the top of the COY web page. Touch Award with your curser so that a drop down menu appears. Click on "Fan Vote Leader."

Oh, and this award raises the old question. Should COY be a coach who has success even when expected to like one of the power house program coaches.
    You mean like Matt Doherty in his first year at unc? If D'oh deserves one you better believe Cut does.

Cookies

I just ate a plate of oatmeal cookies so that plate is clear and I voted again. I'm not sure I can finish all those chocolate chip cookies, so I may have to vote again tomorrow. But I really don't understand how the web site can know all that!

Quote Originally Posted by bigj4194 View Post
    you can clear only specific cookies if you want...just go to view cookies and search for the ones you want to delete (ie...type in "coach") it will pull up only those cookies then select them and delete them
    Now at #16. Thanks. It was really easy to find the right cookies and to revote!

Coach is now up to #15!

Still at #15. We need help!

Some of the guys at the top must be a joke.

Mark Richt at #1 would have been ok a few weeks ago, but after the debacle against Alabama and the struggle with So Carolina...

Randy Shannon at #4?!?! Are you kidding me? Miami's program is on a steep downward spiral. You can debate how much of it is Shannon's fault, but he certainly has not yet done a COY quality job there.

Looking at the list, schools with large, passionate fan bases are the ones with their coaches at the top. It will be interesting to see if this poll begins to reflect actual performance a bit more as opposed to just being a popularity contest.

-Jason "even at #15, Cut's placement is quite impressive" Evans