We are almost finished with the first season of the new NBA eligibility rule. I did not like it when it was developed and don't like it now. What do you think?

First of all I think that 18 year old high school graduates should be able to go directly to the NBA if they wish.

The rule certainly helps the NBA. It gives their scouts a chance to evaluate players against a higher level of competition. And the NBA gets the benefit of having rookies who have had a year of national exposure and publicity.

However it makes even more of a mockery of the term "student-athlete." I realize that a player who plans to be one and done can choose to maximize his one year in college, have a great experience, learn something, then go make his millions. While we may not have seen it yet, in the future there will surely be players who do the minimum to stay eligible their first semester and then just play basketball the second.

I can decide if college basketball is helped or not. It is certainly fun to watch the McD's game and know that these guys will play college ball next year. It is also fun to watch the freshmen starts. But how much do you want to invest in a guy who will be one and done?

SoCal