Talking Texas v. Texas A&M

Now this is a basketball game.

Still 2 min left in the 2nd OT; it doesn't matter to me who wins. Acie Law and Kevin Durant are the kind of players who make basketball worth watching.

To be frank, Durant doesn't look like he belongs in college. I mean, yeah he's a little skinny, but you just don't see guys in college anymore at his size with his skill set. I'm struggling for a comparison for those who missed it. He's not as tall as Garnett; not as much of a ballhandler as Magic; but man, what a complete package. Maybe a taller Pippen?

I'd hate to be a GM who takes Oden over Durant!

Chris

Me too.... he is going to be a great NBA player and if he doesn't win POY I'll slap somebody!!!

I am very impressed with his rebounding ability, given his very slight frame. He also seems to be a very dangerous shooter with good form on his shot. My prediction is that he will be somewhat of a crossover in the NBA between Garnett, with his rebounding, and Dirk, given his outside shooting ability.

Cool Acie Law

As impressive as Durant is, and as much as he seems to be destined for NBA stardom, it's Acie Law that I really enjoy watching. Even in the games (like last night's) that Texas A&M has come out on the losing end, Acie Law has been the most clutch performer that I can recall since Laettner. If I'm down two or three at the end of a game there is NO ONE in college basketball today that I'd rather have take the last shot than Acie Law IV.

The closest thing I think there is to Durant is a taller Tracy McGrady/shorter Dirk Nowitzki. He actually has a game very similar to Luol Deng and that is probably the best person to compare in terms of physical attributes (height/wingspan/"skinniness"). No slight to Deng, though, but I think Durant is already better.

Quote Originally Posted by BGDR View Post
    I am very impressed with his rebounding ability, given his very slight frame. He also seems to be a very dangerous shooter with good form on his shot. My prediction is that he will be somewhat of a crossover in the NBA between Garnett, with his rebounding, and Dirk, given his outside shooting ability.
    I don't know that Durant will be able to rebound as well in the NBA, given his slight frame, although I expect him to rebound well. However, Nowitzki is one of those 10 rebound/game guys, so I think that Durant may end up just being more like Nowitzki from a stats perspective. Where he's a freak is his athletic ability, similar to Garnett.

Quote Originally Posted by EagleDevil View Post
    I'd hate to be a GM who takes Oden over Durant!
    Oops.

A movie is not about what it's about; it's about how it's about it.
    ---Roger Ebert

Some questions cannot be answered
    Who’s gonna bury who
    We need a love like Johnny, Johnny and June
    ---Over the Rhine