Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Awaygate

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley

Awaygate

Some folks are posting their intentions to be at the Wake game. I'll be there too. Any chances of any of the brunchgate crowd making it? I'm gonna do some parking research tonite, but I'm planning on getting there 11ish breaking out brews and the lil' grill. Should be an exciting game, and once again an opportunity to win our first ACC road game in hellifiknow how many tries.

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    Some folks are posting their intentions to be at the Wake game. I'll be there too. Any chances of any of the brunchgate crowd making it? I'm gonna do some parking research tonite, but I'm planning on getting there 11ish breaking out brews and the lil' grill. Should be an exciting game, and once again an opportunity to win our first ACC road game in hellifiknow how many tries.
    "Not I," said devildeac because I am on call next weekend. Nice stadium however with bad traffic to get there and not much convenient parking. Good luck with awaygating.

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    "Not I," said devildeac because I am on call next weekend. Nice stadium however with bad traffic to get there and not much convenient parking. Good luck with awaygating.
    spoilsport! If there's a will there's Awaygate!

spoilsport! If there's a will there's Awaygate!
    Clever. Too much trouble to switch workdays, especially weekends. If I did, I might have to work the next Saturday and miss the ncsu game.

From WFU's site

"Parking lots will be open at the LJVM Coliseum the morning of the game. Buses, RVs, rental trucks, and trailers will also be directed to the LJVM Coliseum lots. These vehicles will not be allowed to park or drop-off in the BB&T Field lots. General Public Parking in the LJVM lots is $8. Multiple spaces can be purchased if desired. For questions concerning parking at LJVM Coliseum, please call 336-725-5635."

and a parking map

From WFU's site

"Parking lots will be open at the LJVM Coliseum the morning of the game. Buses, RVs, rental trucks, and trailers will also be directed to the LJVM Coliseum lots. These vehicles will not be allowed to park or drop-off in the BB&T Field lots. General Public Parking in the LJVM lots is $8. Multiple spaces can be purchased if desired. For questions concerning parking at LJVM Coliseum, please call 336-725-5635."

and a parking map
    I'd get there REAL early. We went to a game a year or two ago, drove around quite a bit trying to circumvent traffic and ended up parking in a church lot about a mile or more from the game and walking by many, many other cars waiting in traffic approaching the stadium.

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    I'd get there REAL early. We went to a game a year or two ago, drove around quite a bit trying to circumvent traffic and ended up parking in a church lot about a mile or more from the game and walking by many, many other cars waiting in traffic approaching the stadium.
    You remember how early you went? I figure 11 would be ok..4 hours advance.

I think we only arrived in the area of the stadium about 90 minutes before kickoff and spent 30 minutes avoiding traffic and 30 minutes walking. Arriving about 11 AM sounds like a good idea-plenty of time for starting a grill and cooking and imbibing.

It's been a long time since I've been to a game there, and they've probably changed the parking rules. I would suggest grabbing a Joel Coliseum spot closest to University Parkway as early as possible. You have to walk a bit more, but you can probably get out of traffic sooner. Traffic after events there is always at a standstill, so be prepared. Maybe plan to post-tailgate a little while everyone else leaves.

Several people have mentioned having bought tickets in the last day or two. Where did y'all get them? I'm looking for at least two, possibly more, as cheap as possible (negotiable of course...I don't care where they are).

Question

Quote Originally Posted by wilson View Post
    Several people have mentioned having bought tickets in the last day or two. Where did y'all get them? I'm looking for at least two, possibly more, as cheap as possible (negotiable of course...I don't care where they are).
    If you wind up going to Wake, will you be bringing up a Sweetwater DonkeyP?

I have 2 extra (only 2) that I got from StubHub long ago. You can have them for face..$17.

Wolfpackdevil got his on stubhub. They had seats from 17 - 28 dollars depending on location.

I have 2 extra (only 2) that I got from StubHub long ago. You can have them for face..$17.
    Nix that...At least one is now spoken for, but PM and I'll let you know if other is still available.

I'll be there! Maybe not as early as 11:00, but definitely early enough for some awaygating. Anyone who's still on the fence...come! Should be a great game and I've heard there is gonna be a good Duke turnout.

Trying again (sorry for the repeated blasts)...I'm still looking for 2 tix. The cheapest ones currently listed on StubHub are $33. I was hoping to do the ticket and the gas for that...

Trying again (sorry for the repeated blasts)...I'm still looking for 2 tix. The cheapest ones currently listed on StubHub are $33. I was hoping to do the ticket and the gas for that...
    Go over to eBay and check out the tickets there.

Quote Originally Posted by CathyCA View Post
    Go over to eBay and check out the tickets there.
    Good call! Thanks. Hopefully a couple of those work out.

Heading off to the game (seeing parents in Virginia first). Looking forward to seeing some DBR faces there, if anyone gets there early for some grub and brews give me a shout. PM for cell #. GO DUKE, BEAT WAKE!
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Help with a ride? Please!

Wolfpackdevil and I have tickets to the game. However, my youngest son (wolfpackdevil's younger brother) has a baseball game at noon in Durham.

Obviously wolfpackdevil (who procured the tickets and is a huge Duke football fan) doesn't want to miss the first part of the game. However, allenmurray isn't willing to miss his other son's last Little League regular season game of the Fall season. Quite the dilema.

I'm looking for someone from Durham who might be willing to give wolfpackdevil a ride to the game. I'll be joining him as soon as the baseball game is over and I can get to Winston-Salem (hopefully mid-second quarter).

So, what do you get out of this? The sheer joy of helping a fellow Duke football fan, the entertaining company of wolfpackdevil (I'll bet you a hot dog at the game he knows as much if not more about Duke football than you do),and your gas expenses paid (meaning I'll throw in $20 for gas).

If you are willing to help send me a private message.

Thanks