Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

License Plate Fun

(This may be for the EK board, but I figured I'd post it here and the mods can move it if they'd like.)

A little back story here:

My dad is known as Uncle Yucky. He's been known this way for years- people meet him and say, "Ohhhh, you're Uncle Yucky!" because they've seen him on emails from friends (it's his email address), people refer to him as Uncle Yucky, etc.

He's called Uncle Yucky because of something that happened about 15 years ago. We (myself, my mom & dad) were at dinner at their best friends' house. Their friends' daughter and grandson were there too. The grandson was about 4 years old or so.

My parents were called Uncle & Aunt by their friends' grandkids.

At dinner, the grandson wouldn't eat much of anything. We tried to get him to eat some peas. Grandson says, "Peas are yucky." We try potatoes. "Potatoes are yucky." My dad offers his hot dog. "Hot dogs are yucky."

My dad chimes in, "Well you're a yucky kid." We all laugh. Bad idea, because grandson chimes in, "You're a yucky uncle! Uncle Yucky! You're Uncle Yucky!"

Well, it stuck. My dad became known as Uncle Yucky. Now it's Uncle Yucky and Aunt Barbara (mom refuses to be known as Aunt Yucky and we refuse to call her that). My dad had shirts made for all the grandkids at one point that said "I <3 Uncle Yucky". (It was a normal heart but you get the idea.) One of the youngest just had a Bat Mitzvah over the summer, and 8 of us (including the grandkids) lined up and had "I <3 Uncle Yucky" airbrushed on our forearms and posed for a picture with him. The legend of Uncle Yucky lives on.

So you're probably asking how this applies to license plates. Well, UncleYucky wouldn't fit on his plate- it's too long. So, he had to abbreviate it.

To me, and probably to all of you once you see it, the abbreviated version has a double meaning. Let's see what y'all think of it on first sight.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I like it. I <3 Yucky also just for his license plate.

I too think unc is yucky!
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com

Quote Originally Posted by sue71 View Post
    (This may be for the EK board, but I figured I'd post it here and the mods can move it if they'd like.)

My dad is known as Uncle Yucky. He's been known this way for years- people meet him and say, "Ohhhh, you're Uncle Yucky!" because they've seen him on emails from friends (it's his email address), people refer to him as Uncle Yucky, etc.

He's called Uncle Yucky because of something that happened about 15 years ago. We (myself, my mom & dad) were at dinner at their best friends' house. Their friends' daughter and grandson were there too. The grandson was about 4 years old or so.

At dinner, the grandson wouldn't eat much of anything. We tried to get him to eat some peas. Grandson says, "Peas are yucky." We try potatoes. "Potatoes are yucky." My dad offers his hot dog. "Hot dogs are yucky."

My dad chimes in, "Well you're a yucky kid." We all laugh. Bad idea, because grandson chimes in, "You're a yucky uncle! Uncle Yucky! You're Uncle Yucky!"

Well, it stuck. My dad became known as Uncle Yucky. Now it's Uncle Yucky and Aunt Barbara (mom refuses to be known as Aunt Yucky and we refuse to call her that). My dad had shirts made for all the grandkids at one point that said "I <3 Uncle Yucky". (It was a normal heart but you get the idea.) One of the youngest just had a Bat Mitzvah over the summer, and 8 of us (including the grandkids) lined up and had "I <3 Uncle Yucky" airbrushed on our forearms and posed for a picture with him. The legend of Uncle Yucky lives on.

So you're probably asking how this applies to license plates. Well, UncleYucky wouldn't fit on his plate- it's too long. So, he had to abbreviate it.

To me, and probably to all of you once you see it, the abbreviated version has a double meaning. Let's see what y'all think of it on first sight.
    That's a winner in ANY state! I agree with OZZIE!

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Now he just needs a GTHC bumper sticker.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Obvious question

When will he next be driving through North Carolina?

Quote Originally Posted by sue71 View Post

Post of the millennium!!!

How come the pics aren't showing up, POTM doesn't make sense w/out them.

Quote Originally Posted by TillyGalore View Post
    Post of the millennium!!!

How come the pics aren't showing up, POTM doesn't make sense w/out them.
    Why, thank you!