New FB recruit/Bball walk-on!

http://www.newstopic.net/articles/20.../76lipford.txt

My dad knows this kid and says he's just a prototype athlete. Apparently Seth Greenberg and a few others had been after him for basketball, but he'll make a great addition in football.

Sounds like a great addition:

Darius Lipford ... is currently a linebacker/defensive back hybrid for Hibriten. Also a receiver, he has three catches for 72 yards and two scores.

He has taken multiple unofficial visits to Duke ... . Visiting has changed Lipford's favorite shade of blue. He leaned more to the baby blue before.

"I was on Carolina, but once I got to go to Duke, I liked their programs," Lipford said.

In basketball, Lipford currently plays the post. ...

In track, Lipford ... was fourth in the [county] in the shot put and ... finished second in the high jump [6' 4"] and fourth in the long jump at the 2A state meet. ...
    He might liven up BB practices a bit

With Ryan, Miles and Mason, that will give us 4 kids from NC schools on the basketball roster.

And three accomplished NC high jumpers.

Yeah, but I'm betting Lipford would be the only shot put/high jump athlete on the basketball roster.

Quote Originally Posted by Carlos View Post
    Yeah, but I'm betting Lipford would be the only shot put/high jump athlete on the basketball roster.
    Probably so, but OC seems to have explosive strength and hops.

Quote Originally Posted by Carlos View Post
    Steve Johnson was on Duke's track and field team his freshman year as a high jumper until he made the b-ball team. He also was a state champion in the high jump in high school.

Sounds like yet another great pickup for Cut.

Also sounds like he could be a quality walkon, with the potential to have a Reggie Love-esque impact (able to get minutes and maybe fill in when injuries hit).

Lipford might have some talent basketball-wise if Greenberg was recruiting him. Seth seems to get a lot of fairly talented guys who fly under the radar in high school.

Quote Originally Posted by Oriole Way View Post
    Also sounds like he could be a quality walkon, with the potential to have a Reggie Love-esque impact (able to get minutes and maybe fill in when injuries hit).
    Well let's just hope that those injuries DON'T hit! We don't need anymore broken 5th metatarsals on our big guys.
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com