Page 96 of 126 FirstFirst ... 46869495969798106 ... LastLast
Results 1,901 to 1,920 of 2515
    Once again, Grain of Salt people.

Nothing's proven, there was no sign of forced entry, and two others were arrested. Nothing taken either.

Which suggests an earlier post that it was a vacant house that they were just hanging out in and got caught.

Is it smart? Not really, there's much better ways to hang out.

Is it a horrible criminal offense that puts his morals below those we want at Duke? Uh...no.
    <devildeac> anyone playing drinking games by now?
    7:49:36<Wander> drink every qb run?
    7:49:38<loran16> umm, drink every time asack rushes?
    7:49:38<wolfybeard> @devildeac: drink when Asack runs a keeper
    7:49:39 PM<CB&B> any time zack runs, drink

Carolina Delenda Est

If it really is as simple as him hanging out in a vacant house then, well, let's just say I did things that were far worse than that when I was his age. I've also gone inside vacant houses, too! As a matter of fact I scoped out a vacant apartment a few months ago. I agree with everyone else that it's very important that we don't pass judgement too early.

If it really was a vacant house that changes my opinion of the whole thing quite a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by RoyalBlue08 View Post
    If it really was a vacant house that changes my opinion of the whole thing quite a bit.
    Absolutely. The only thing proven beyond a reasonable doubt in my mind is that this thread will reach 2000 posts.

(putting on my lawyer hat)

John Wall getting charged with breaking and entering without there being forced entry means that he, or even just one of the friends he was with, simply opened an unlocked door or window and they went inside the vacant house. If he had taken anything, he would have been charged with NC's equivalent of Burglary, which he was not. If he had damaged anything, there would have been further charges as well.

It appears that he and his friends simply entered an unlocked vacant house for a time before leaving.

(taking off my lawyer hat)

Crap, i told myself I wouldn't come back to this thread. I am weak.

The House

It was a foreclosed property, but fairly nice. Hopefully it was open and they didn't actually break in. It will be interesting to hear all the facts.

B&E.JPG

doesn't seem too bad unless other information is found out...that big ol' magnifying glass can cause heat too...

Quote Originally Posted by MIKESJ73 View Post
    It was a foreclosed property, but fairly nice. Hopefully it was open and they didn't actually break in. It will be interesting to hear all the facts.

B&E.JPG
    Wait, so is that John standing in the front yard inside the circle?

B&E.JPG
    http://realestate.yahoo.com/North_Ca...46f756c874ab78

Selling for $134,900 "AS-IS."

B&E.JPG
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluedog View Post
    Man, you guys really have too much time on your hands!

Buy Now

Quote Originally Posted by Bluedog View Post
    Man, that's a steal. Just imagine once he becomes an NBA star, you can say that you own the house that John Wall broke into in high school.

Duke more likely

I think this incident makes it MORE likely he ends up at Duke. He can use Duke's good image to help his and the people around him may realize he needs some top notch people to prepare him for the big time and whatever else Duke does or does not do they prepare people for the big time scrutiny of life in the NBA as well as anyone else.

All I could think about when I read this story was something odd that happened to me fairly recently:

I was going down to VA Beach and needed to stay the night so I called up my mom's good friend who lives there. I had been to her house several times, but not in probably 12 years or so. I remembered the street, but not the actual house #, so she told me that and said it was 3/4 of a mile down on the right. She said she would leave the key in a funny looking plant to the left of the door.

When I arrived on the street at 2 AM I had lost the paper w/ the house #, so I went 3/4 of a mile down and found the only house around w/ the same look and layout as I remembered. I found the key in a funny looking plant to the left of the door and after gathering all my stuff, went in. She lives by herself now and I saw her sleeping since the door was open. I found it odd that the bed wasn't made though (there was stuff all over it) in the guest bedroom and that the bathroom light was on instead of the bedroom light. After being not sure what to do because of the messy room, I wandered around for a bit, feeling this is was odd and eventually was in the kitchen. With the lights on, I finally saw a table full of family pictures and realized THIS WAS THE WRONG HOUSE. After freaking out, I gathered all my things somehow w/o waking her and took them back out to my car. I then realized I had left a big McDonald's trash bag sitting on top of her bathroom trash can and decided to go back in to grab it (or she would have been creeped out the rest of her life).

Thankfully she never woke up. I could have been shot or arrested. It turns out the right house was only 1/2 mile down (they were the only two on the mile long street w/ that layout)

I'm sure that's not what happened here, but it is a very strange true story that is similar...

Explain it away all you want

You can explain it away all you want, say you did similar things when you were young, remind us we stuck by Shelden, but the fact is he is not our committment (just a recruit) and you were never in the middle of the media circus that is his recruitment. The fact is it shows very poor judgement on his part. I know, most kids these days show poor judgement, but it is the timing I'm speaking about more than the actions. I'm not saying we shouldn't wait til we get all the facts. Might as well see how deep the rabbit hole goes I guess.

According to one of the news articles, this happened at 12:30 last Monday afternoon. I realize this is no big deal, but shouldn't Wall have been in school at this time instead of hanging out in houses that aren't his??

Not in school?

I would not read anything into the fact that John was not in school on a traditional school day. Nowdays, at least in public school where I taught for a few years, seniors often had accumulated enough credits and quite frequently only attended one or two class periods their last semester. Not sure what the policy is at the Word of God private school.

This proves that John Wall

is a kid.

SoCal

This may also prove

that there are few jobs harder than raising a boy....sigh...

Smile In Broad Daylight?

Quote Originally Posted by Duke4Ever32 View Post
    According to one of the news articles, this happened at 12:30 last Monday afternoon. I realize this is no big deal, but shouldn't Wall have been in school at this time instead of hanging out in houses that aren't his??
    Even if he should have been in school and even if his intentions were innocent (no theft intended, e.g.), how dumb do you have to be to be prowling a neighborhood with a couple of buds and going into the back door of a vacant house IN BROAD DAYLIGHT? Seems likely that the neighbors called the cops (I would have). Shheeshh!

sagegrouse
    'The only time I can remember getting in trouble like that was when I was 12. My friend Nat and I built a small fire to toast pecans in a wood behind some nice houses. "Nat and Gary are burning down the woods," was the report that reached my Mother (via Nat's mother). Pure exaggeration, it was only a small grass fire that burned at most 20 feet in any direction.'

Like I said...boys...

Can't wait for my own son to produce a few boys of his own.