Page 95 of 126 FirstFirst ... 45859394959697105 ... LastLast
Results 1,881 to 1,900 of 2515
    Quote Originally Posted by ChicagoCrazy84 View Post
    I believe Calipari has offered, but I could be wrong.
    Calipari has offered Bledsoe.http://rivalshoops.rivals.com/viewpr...=63746&Sport=2 Right now, Kentucky is going after both of them(Wall and Bledsoe).http://basketballrecruiting.rivals.c...asp?CID=942070

I've asked this once already with the recruiting process, but let me try again. I didn't feel like weeding through the 1800 posts, so is there any time table set for him to make his decision. When I asked this earlier in recruiting, someone said April 19, IIR.

Today was? going to be a date for trimming his list

Quote Originally Posted by DukieBoy View Post
    I've asked this once already with the recruiting process, but let me try again. I didn't feel like weeding through the 1800 posts, so is there any time table set for him to make his decision. When I asked this earlier in recruiting, someone said April 19, IIR.
    I think it is going to be after that.
    Last edited by NSDukeFan; 05-04-2009 at 08:36 AM. Reason: bold a phrase

More appropriate

Why not cinco de mayo? It would allow everyone to celebrate and drown their sorrows at the same time.

yanking scholarships

Quote Originally Posted by jatotown View Post
    If a player is offered a scholarship, there's [B]always been an implied promise... that he is there for the full ride.
    We talked about this a while back on this thread... the issue with pulling scholarships like this is that it affects your recruiting down the road. A potential recruit might think twice about playing for a coach that would recruit over him and then rescind his scholarship solely based on performance.

You do not have to read through 1800 posts... in just the past 20 or so folks have lamented the fact that Wall seems to be continually moving dates for making decisions.

He is currently listing something like 7 or 8 schools and has said for a few weeks that he plans to cut that list-- though he does not say exactly how much he will cut it. Many so-called "informed experts" seem to feel he will cut to 3 or 4 schools in the next few days.

But actually picking a school and making a commitment, no one has any idea when that will happen. There is some thought it might come very soon and that he might not even bother with the whole "trimming the list" part of things. But I would not trust any kind of timetable or speculation at this point.

I expect us to know by June, simply because Wall is going to want to get on campus somewhere and start working with his future teammates, and that process starts in June at most schools.

--Jason "this whole thing is sorta fun... and it is also sorta torturous" Evans

I think we can forget about Wall

wow, i guess this thread will get over 2,00 posts now!

Cool How dumb...

How dumb do you have to be. Maybe we dodged a bullet on this kid!

Quote Originally Posted by Vincetaylor View Post
    Admittedly this doesn't look good but I would wait until all of the facts come out before rushing to judgment.

Stick a fork in him; he's done!

I never have felt good about this young man wearing Duke across his chest. We need to tell him "thanks, but no thanks" concerning his involvement with Duke basketball. Next play!
    Last edited by marmaduke; 05-04-2009 at 10:39 AM. Reason: spelling

Quote Originally Posted by yancem View Post
    Admittedly this doesn't look good but I would wait until all of the facts come out before rushing to judgment.
    Good point. No forced entry and nothing taken sounds benign, but then why make 3 arrests? Details should be interesting but this surely complicates, if not ends, Duke's recruitment.

I'm thinking of starting a "Please Coack K, end our recruitment of John Wall" Facebook page. Is that any kind of violation?

I agree- we should wait until we find out exactly what happened. But I am pretty sure he will not be trimming his list today.

Rumor is that it was a vacant house for sale, and he went in with a girl not to steal anything, but to hang out (or whatever he was going to do with the girl) in an empty house, rather than his own house (yeah, teenagers sometimes get way too creative). Although the article says two other people were charged, so I guess they were with another guy too. In any event, it doesn't sound like it was an attempt to burglarize a home, but rather a really really really stupid move on Wall's part to hang out in a vacant home that was unlocked without the owner's approval. I don't know if this signals the immediate end of Duke's recruitment of Wall - it could potentially, but not until more information comes to light, IMO. It's not like JamesOn Curry's dealing drugs, which ended UNC's recruitment of him; doesn't seem to be nearly on that level. I'll reserve judgment til all the facts come out.

Mods - If this post qualifies as "rumor-mongering," feel free to delete it and accept my apologies.

If he is eventually charged with a crime, then perhaps our "friends" in Storrs will be added to his list of potential schools...

Lighten up people. It's a misdemeanor at worst.

How many of you got speeding tickets or got flagged by campus police for alcohol consumption or was caught jaywalking. Glass house, stones anyone?

Hell, I used to play football right on the yard right outside a vacant house for years growing up with my friends from the neighborhood. Glad we weren't caught and vilified in the media for it.

Our recruits haven't been completely clean either. I do recall one example of someone with a retired jersey who turned out to be one of our nicest players and great representatives of the university...

Whether or not individual fans here favor Duke's recruitment of John Wall, I would hope that the lessons of the lacrosse rape hoax are still fresh enough in our memories that Duke fans, most of all, would reserve judgment on Wall's guilt or innocence of these charges--especially in light of the report in the news story that there was no forced entry and no indication that anything was taken from the house. As those who remember the incident involving Shelden Williams should understand, sometimes a young person who is innocent can be made to appear guilty of misconduct simply by being in the wrong place at the wrong time. In fairness, I believe we should wait for the investigation to produce evidence that either confirms or refutes the charge, or explains the circumstances, before we pass judgment based on assumptions and speculation.

Two words: Shelden Williams.

Quote Originally Posted by Stray Gator View Post
    Whether or not individual fans here favor Duke's recruitment of John Wall, I would hope that the lessons of the lacrosse rape hoax are still fresh enough in our memories that Duke fans, most of all, would reserve judgment on Wall's guilt or innocence of these charges--especially in light of the report in the news story that there was no forced entry and no indication that anything was taken from the house. As those who remember the incident involving Shelden Williams should understand, sometimes a young person who is innocent can be made to appear guilty of misconduct simply by being in the wrong place at the wrong time. In fairness, I believe we should wait for the investigation to produce evidence that either confirms or refutes the charge, or explains the circumstances, before we pass judgment based on assumptions and speculation.
    Man you beat me to it on this one. I was going to post very similar sentiments. It would be wrong to simply 'bail' on this kid not knowing any actual info.