Page 126 of 126 FirstFirst ... 2676116124125126
Results 2,501 to 2,515 of 2515
    I'm interested...and the question is still out there.

Anybody know if he has qualified?

Quote Originally Posted by roywhite View Post
    I'm reading that it's also not clear whether Eric Bledsoe has qualified academically yet to play as a freshman at UK. Imagine neither Wall nor Bledsoe playing for UK next year.
    Since, Wheat revived what I thought was a dead thread, does anyone have any information about Wall or Bledsoe's eligibility? I know that their status doesn't effect Duke one way or the other but I'm curious.

I'm curious too. After all the Wall drama, it would be pretty funny if he didn't qualify.

Quote Originally Posted by Wheat/"/"/" View Post
    I'm curious too. After all the Wall drama, it would be pretty funny if he didn't qualify.
    I can't read/find the actual article, but it appears Telep reported that Wall received a qualifying score. I assume we won't know for sure he's "qualified" until the Clearinghouse certifies his eligibility.

hindsight 20/20

Quote Originally Posted by yancem View Post
    I know that their status doesn't effect Duke one way or the other but I'm curious.
    It will kind of affect what people think about our recruiting... if Wall qualifies then he will be viewed as a "miss" by Coach K. If he doesn't then we'll be praising K for having the foresight not to take a gamble on him. This latter point is even more true for Bledsoe, to whom we never offered a scholarship (if I understand correctly).

Also, I doubt a single player would make an impact but this type of scenario may cause the NBA to revisit the one-year rule.

Quote Originally Posted by UrinalCake View Post
    It will kind of affect what people think about our recruiting... if Wall qualifies then he will be viewed as a "miss" by Coach K. If he doesn't then we'll be praising K for having the foresight not to take a gamble on him. This latter point is even more true for Bledsoe, to whom we never offered a scholarship (if I understand correctly).

Also, I doubt a single player would make an impact but this type of scenario may cause the NBA to revisit the one-year rule.
    I think the staff has moved on and we should too...

Wall who?

Well, this issue would affect Duke a lot if we play Kentucky this year. Or if Wall's on-court performances provide more ammunition for Calipari to draw 2010 PGs to Kentucky.

It's not a burning question for me, but I can understand why people are curious about his eligibility (since it was somewhat in question recently).

FWIW, Jerry Meyer of rivals.com says he is still on track to be eligible this season:

http://basketballrecruiting.rivals.c...tid=&mid=&rid=

Dumb question but has Wall signed his letter yet or just declared his intent? Ya know, if he hasn't signed on the dotted line yet, I know a place where he would get A LOT OF PLAYING TIME

Just sayin'.

Quote Originally Posted by NYC Dukie View Post
    Dumb question but has Wall signed his letter yet or just declared his intent? Ya know, if he hasn't signed on the dotted line yet, I know a place where he would get A LOT OF PLAYING TIME

Just sayin'.

Sorry to Rehash

I had no clue what thread this would fall under so I thought I would revive this thread. Is anyone relieved that we didnt end up with Wall? While I wanted him as bad as anyone (especially after G left), I think that him having to sit two games would have given us a black eye. Now that I sit back and think about it, he seems to be more of a Cal not K guy anyway. Knowing what I do now, I would however have taken Bledsoe.

Quote Originally Posted by Azdukefan View Post
    I had no clue what thread this would fall under so I thought I would revive this thread. Is anyone relieved that we didnt end up with Wall? While I wanted him as bad as anyone (especially after G left), I think that him having to sit two games would have given us a black eye. Now that I sit back and think about it, he seems to be more of a Cal not K guy anyway. Knowing what I do now, I would however have taken Bledsoe.
    I am curious why you think this is worth discussing? Those guys are where they are and are not a factor to Duke. Next Play.

OMG!!! The monster thread is back. It...just...won't...die!!!!