Page 109 of 126 FirstFirst ... 95999107108109110111119 ... LastLast
Results 2,161 to 2,180 of 2515
    Quote Originally Posted by Travi_K View Post
    I broke a personal rule today and went to the Carolina board to get another perspective on the Wall recruitment and I was blown away how similar it is to this site with anticipation that Wall will sign with their respective team. What is incredible is that we are acually recruiting Wall and how dead set they seemed to be that Roy is going to offer. Naturally this could still happen and I am not disputing that Carolina may get involved but with the info that is currently out there it just really amazed at the consistant confidence that posters seemed to have that it is just a matter of time before Wall gets a Carolina offer and he accepts. I did not read all the post but I kept waiting for one person as a check and balance to call the other posters out and say something like [Look guys, this may happen but it is May 8, Clifton hates Roy, and no known contact since the FF, and our team is not even mentioned as a contender in most publications about the final schools in contention, so our optimism is not realistic ] But never saw a post like this over the ones that I read. I was expecting to see more Please don't go to Duke/KY posts but very very little of this. It really sounded like Duke and Ky fans posting. Just thought the confidence was very interesting but should I have really expected anything different.
    that is one rule you should never break

on my knees

alright guys, i get it

Quote Originally Posted by houstondukie View Post
    Long-term PG? You really think Calipari cares about long-term? He is the master of one-and-done players. He's recruiting B. Knight and K. Irving as well.
    Knight has low interest while Irving has not gotten an offer according to scout.

Wassup with Ryan Kelly he is Wall's teammate does he not have any levarage? is he trying to get wall to duke like they said MP2 was

Quote Originally Posted by BlueinBlo View Post
    Ya, but one thing I have learned through this whole process is that Wall loves the attention. I know it is a tough choice but hundreds of other teens do it and almost all the top recruits have already done so by now. This is very late for a senior to be picking a college. IMO, he knows where he wants to go, he just wants to drag it out. These goes directly into my point of that he wants the attention and it will defiantly be shared at UK.

Also, he will lack playing time at Kentucky. Cal has a lot of recruits coming but he also can't forget about the guys from last year. If he just keeps Wall out there for a whole game, these freshman could get mad and just transfer (Taylor King). Not to mention Kentucky is already at 14 people on scholarship not counting if Meeks comes back. I have a feeling Cal has jumped out of the race.
    hahaha thats a joke, john wall will start no matter what team he's on, nba included.

I think we should all know he going to start it's just how much playing time he will get.

Quote Originally Posted by Travi_K View Post
    I broke a personal rule today and went to the Carolina board to get another perspective on the Wall recruitment and I was blown away how similar it is to this site with anticipation that Wall will sign with their respective team. What is incredible is that we are acually recruiting Wall and how dead set they seemed to be that Roy is going to offer. Naturally this could still happen and I am not disputing that Carolina may get involved but with the info that is currently out there I was just really amazed at the consistant confidence that posters seemed to have that it is just a matter of time before Wall gets a Carolina offer and he accepts. I did not read all the post but I kept waiting for one person as a check and balance to call the other posters out and say something like [Look guys, this may happen but it is May 8, Clifton hates Roy, and no known contact since the FF, and our team is not even mentioned as a contender in most publications about the final schools in contention, so our optimism is not realistic ] But never saw a post like this over the ones that I read. I was expecting to see more Please don't go to Duke/KY posts but very very little of this. It really sounded like Duke and Ky fans posting. Just thought the confidence was very interesting but should I have really expected anything different.
    Very interesting. I'm not much for "conspiracy theories" but given what you read I do find interesting how long this has dragged out. As though Wall is "hoping" to get a UNC offer. I don't fault Wall for doing his due diligence in selecting a school. I actually appreciate that decision but at the same time I don't understand having 5, 6 or more schools still in the equation. I know it was mentioned he was trim his list but no word has come yet. But why have that many schools involved this late in the game to begin with? Two or three and I understand it better. Just makes me wonder if UNC is somehow waiting in the weeds to strike with all the Roy hates Clifton and Clifton hates Roy being a cover? I'm sorry for this "theory" but will all the posts the Wall recruitment has garned and all the rumors of this and that, one's mind starts to wonder at times about the situation. At the end of the day though, I still believe its either Duke or UK.

http://www.courier-journal.com/blogs/bozich/blog.html

John Wall is suppose to commit to UK next week according to this guy.

Well, four hours earlier the same guy said Duke was the leader.

Then he attributes to a different unnamed source who supposedly said, "UK is optimistic about getting a commitment from John Wall next week."

That's a lot different from "suppose [sic] to commit to UK." It's possible it will happen that way -- practically anything's possible at this point -- but this guy's reliability seems extremely low.

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley

Baseless speculation. Any school that is highly involved is "optimistic" that Wall will choose them. As the Kedsy stated, he had a different look 4 hours earlier. The writer knows as much about Wall's choice as you and I do.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Wasn't it just a few weeks ago that someone in the Miami program said they were optimistic about their chances as well?

Quote Originally Posted by mo.st.dukie View Post
    Wasn't it just a few weeks ago that someone in the Miami program said they were optimistic about their chances as well?
    I'm optimistic he is committing to Duke. Quick put it online! No one really knows what this kid is going to do. Optimism is only a state of mind. I'm optimistic about a lot of things. I'm not optimistic about a lot of things too.

Like Kedsy said, he said a few hours earlier that Duke was the favorite, then switches to UK. At this points, no one can predict where this kid is going. If only he knew what kind of tailspin, obsession filled craze he has sent the basketball world into to.

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by DukieBoy View Post
    If only he knew what kind of tailspin, obsession filled craze he has sent the basketball world into to.
    I'm very certain he does.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Recruiting expert Tom Konchalski states, "I'll be suprised if John Wall ends up anywhere other than Kentucky."

http://www.zagsblog.com/2009/05/08/k...e-wall-parrom/
    Bob Green

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Green View Post
    Recruiting expert Tom Konchalski states, "I'll be suprised if John Wall ends up anywhere other than Kentucky."

Sigh... I've never been optimistic about landing Wall. It's been 5 years since we've seen a great pure point guard play for Duke, and it could be 7 or 8 total before we see another one. Here's to hoping K puts on a great last ditch effort to get this kid.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Green View Post

to me all that means, is that tom konchalski thinks kentucky is now in the lead for wall.
    i believe wall's mom and friend's opinion will win through and he will stay home and choose duke within a few weeks.

Remember, It's All WHO You Know...

Quote Originally Posted by speedevil2001 View Post
    i believe wall's mom and friend's opinion will win through and he will stay home and choose duke within a few weeks.
    Or maybe Calipari will have Worldwide Wes give Wall a ring and conference call with MJ, Lebron, Phil Knight, Jay-Z, Ashley Judd and the ghost of Secretariat.

John has taken this long to make a decision and I firmly believe he doesn't know where he's headed yet. I seriously doubt that after this long he would tip off anything to anyone prior to his announcement.

how many scholly's does kentucky have with PP returning?