Page 112 of 126 FirstFirst ... 1262102110111112113114122 ... LastLast
Results 2,221 to 2,240 of 2515
    Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    Wow... did I really write that. I am the world's biggest geek.

--Jason "I am pathetic" Evans
    I'm not even sure you are the biggest Geek on this thread, don't forget that Kedsy admitted to scripting a coin flipping program to determine his college choice. That sounded like something one of the cast from the comedy series Big Bang.

PS - Kedsy, I'm not trying to harsh on you, I thought it was a great story but it was a little on the geeky side.

Quote Originally Posted by yancem View Post
    I'm not even sure you are the biggest Geek on this thread, don't forget that Kedsy admitted to scripting a coin flipping program to determine his college choice. That sounded like something one of the cast from the comedy series Big Bang.

PS - Kedsy, I'm not trying to harsh on you, I thought it was a great story but it was a little on the geeky side.
    Well, yeah, I suppose I did go through a geeky phase. I also went through a beer-guzzling phase. Not sure either phase is over yet, though, which may or may not be a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Kedsy View Post
    Well, yeah, I suppose I did go through a geeky phase. I also went through a beer-guzzling phase. Not sure either phase is over yet, though, which may or may not be a problem.
    As I see it they both go hand in hand. The geeky phase earns the money to pay for the beer guzzling phase and they both offset the other's perceived social limitations. If you're guzzling beer you can't be seen as too much of a geek and if you're a geek then you can't be seen as too much of a beer guzzler!

What happened to DukeDevilDeb's post?

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by Indoor66 View Post
    If it was there and now it's not, it probably got sent to the cornfield.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

The mods enjoy deleting posts in threads.

Quote Originally Posted by Franzez View Post
    The mods enjoy deleting posts in threads.
    Yep - and if some of us had our way this thread would have about 7 posts. Some of you have gone stir crazy...

Quote Originally Posted by SupaDave View Post
    Yep - and if some of us had our way this thread would have about 7 posts. Some of you have gone stir crazy...
    Which seven?

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    Which seven?
    Glad you asked!!

-John Wall has interest in Duke
    -John Wall is the #1 Pg in the nation and wants to stay near home
    -John Wall talks to Coach K
    -John Wall gets offer from Duke
    -John Wall visits Duke
    -John Wall to have press conference
    -John Wall commits to Duke

Now that's a post

Glad you asked!!

-John Wall visits Duke
    POTW, maybe Post of the Off-Season?

Glad you asked!!

-John Wall visits Duke
    Well, 5 of them already exist, though it took us about 2200 to get there. There are only 2 that are still missing from this thread...

Quote Originally Posted by Franzez View Post
    Due to Kentucky's standards for recruiting he is only targeting All Americans, remember that Tubby Smith got ran out of town for not solely recruiting HS All Americans instead recruiting guys who fit his system that would stick for 3-4 years.
    He got run out for not going to a Final Four after his first season.

Clifton

Does anyone know what kind of position he was given at Baylor? I saw an article that said he was pushing Duke so he could stay in Wall's inner circle. I assumed that Clifton would be at Baylor next year. He won't still be in Durham will he?

Quote Originally Posted by MIKESJ73 View Post
    Does anyone know what kind of position he was given at Baylor? I saw an article that said he was pushing Duke so he could stay in Wall's inner circle. I assumed that Clifton would be at Baylor next year. He won't still be in Durham will he?
    OK - this is like the 50th post from someone who refuses to read the whole thread. So I'm wondering - anyone feel like going through the thread and doing a media synopsis of all the links?

Funny, I was wondering the same thing!

I put a tongue in cheek post on the John Wall thread last night, and it has disappeared. Several people have asked in the 112 thread where it is. There was nothing obscene or particularly critical about it... just a comment on a silly 112-page thread that basically was blather. Wall is going to make his decision; why are we obsessing about it?

I would like to ask the moderators a question. I'm sure whoever removed it had a reason, but I would surely like to know what it is. And given that I am a regular poster on this board, wouldn't it have been simply polite to send me a private message explaining why this post was removed?

I have always defended the work of the moderators here, but now I am beginning to question it a little. I know this is Julio's site, but if a post isn't obscene or offensive, why is it removed?

I await a response eagerly.

Thanks.
    DukeDevilDeb

Which is exactly what...

OK - this is like the 50th post from someone who refuses to read the whole thread. So I'm wondering - anyone feel like going through the thread and doing a media synopsis of all the links?
    I was trying to suggest last night... we can't expect anyone to go back and read through 112 pages... this thread has gotten out of control! The moderators were quick to remove my post last night but haven't been willing to edit this in any way. It would sure be a help if someone would go through and (1) leave in the links to various stories, but (2) remove the redundancies!

We might get it shortened to 90 pages!
    DukeDevilDeb

Pray tell, how can you expect ANYONE to read all of a thread that has 2200+ posts prior to asking a question?

Pray tell, how can you expect ANYONE to read all of a thread that has 2200+ posts prior to asking a question?
    Click. Read. Click next. Reaadd. Click next - reeaaad.

There's also a search tool if you're looking for, or posting, something specific.

Also, let's be honest with ourselves here. A complete newbie to the board has a reason for being 2200+ posts behind, but anyone that's around for a few months or more is likely nowhere near 2200 posts behind. Even if you don't keep up with the board, or this thread in particular, on a regular basis, "regulars" are still likely to be only a few hundred posts behind at most. Surely, someone can spend time catching up before issuing duplicate posts -- I do not think that is unreasonable.
    Last edited by Truth; 05-12-2009 at 09:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by DukeDevilDeb View Post
    I put a tongue in cheek post on the John Wall thread last night, and it has disappeared. Several people have asked in the 112 thread where it is. There was nothing obscene or particularly critical about it... just a comment on a silly 112-page thread that basically was blather.

I have always defended the work of the moderators here, but now I am beginning to question it a little. I know this is Julio's site, but if a post isn't obscene or offensive, why is it removed?

I await a response eagerly.

Thanks.
    And you're wondering why?

Just b/c a post isn't cruel or obscene doesn't mean it isn't counter-productive... That particularly post would have been inflammatory and definitely have added another few pages to the thread. It would have been more suited for the LTE where you are allowed to vent a little...

We are really trying to keep some sanity in these last few days - OR months...

Haven't YOU read all 2200+ posts?