Quote Originally Posted by roywhite View Post
Your first point seems reasonable.

I'm not sure about the second point. By DDM, I assume you mean the Dribble Drive Motion offense that Calipari used at Memphis (adopted from some high school coach if I recall). I find it hard to believe that Calipari would surpass Coach K in "chalk talk". Coach K could probably discourse at length about the offensive patterns that the USA team used, and some of the things he has done at Duke (where having a great passing PG would certainly help).

Calipari is a very capable coach, but does he really have an edge in your opinion over Coach K in presenting his offensive schemes?
He has an edge considering John Wall isn't a pass first PG, and the DDM allows him to attack the basket much more and run the court much more rather than setting up the offense from a half court set.

The DDM is a much more up tempo style of basketball that showcases the PG which is what interests PG prospects about the offense.

Coach K is a great x's and o's coach but we have to face reality that in this era there is a majority of recruits who want to play in an undisciplined up tempo offense rather than a highly disciplined half court offense.