Page 105 of 126 FirstFirst ... 55595103104105106107115 ... LastLast
Results 2,081 to 2,100 of 2515
  1. #2081
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueinBlo View Post
    It's like the last day in the spring signing period. Also, it is very late to pick a college anyways. I mean after he picks, in three months he will be taking classes.
    This raises another question for me... if he is borderline academically wouldn't it be better for him to go ahead and commit and possibly enroll in summer school? How does that work...is there an absolute NCAA deadline for qualifying or can a player who doesn't quite have the GPA and test score combination get a waiver to take "remedial" type classes to get up to standard... Now that I've written that thought, I guess I can see the flaw in that... University X could give said player credit for taking bogus classes just to reach whatever standard needed to be met...never mind

  2. #2082
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Ocala, FL (formerly Black Mountain, NC)
    I've learned during this recruiting process never to take anything very seriously but I thought I would share this. A few poster at TDD have said that Wall is supposed to visit Duke tomorrow. They seem to be fairly respected posters but who knows? Lets hope its good.

  3. #2083
    Quote Originally Posted by stickdog View Post
    Both Wall and Bledsoe are pass first penetrators. Neither player is proficient from beyond the arc. Both players are wizards with the ball.

    Name the last time two top 5 point guards from the same class committed to the same college.

    It's one thing to say that UK is not out of the battle. It's another thing completely to say that taking a commitment from the second best available PG has no bearing on the decision of the best available PG.
    Did not say taking the second best PG would have completely no impact on Wall. On the contrary, many were implying that Bledsoe going to UK would seem to make Wall a Duke commit. All I was saying was not to discount the possibility that Wall still may very well end up at UK even with Bledsoe there. Have two top PGs committed to the same school in the same year? I don't know but I do know that there have been PGs from different classes play together on the same team such as Westbrook/Collison at UCLA and Collins/Chalmers at KU last year, Kemba Walker/Price at UConn and Reynolds/Fisher at Nova this year. And those teams fare pretty well. Yes, they are different types of PGs compared to Wall/Bledsoe but the precedent is there to play two PGs together. Do I personally think Bledsoe's decision will impact Wall's? Yes I do but to what extent? We shall see soon enough.

  4. #2084
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Buffalo New York
    Quote Originally Posted by johaad View Post
    I've learned during this recruiting process never to take anything very seriously but I thought I would share this. A few poster at TDD have said that Wall is supposed to visit Duke tomorrow. They seem to be fairly respected posters but who knows? Lets hope its good.
    This may be a stupid question but what is TDD.

  5. #2085
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueinBlo View Post
    This may be a stupid question but what is TDD.
    TheDevilsDen.com

  6. #2086
    If we somehow end up with JWall, what would the over/under on posts in this thread before someone complained about us not getting what they deem a legit bigman? I'd put it at 3.

  7. #2087

    Wall's impact?

    I wanted to get away from the Duke verse Kentucky angle in the Wall saga and ask the board members who they thought would be most positively impacted by a Wall commitment, should he commit? I'm thinking EWill. Athletically, EWill and Wall would be the most equal and the thought of them on the break would be sick. On top of that, I believe their defensive pressure potential would be the spark to such a fastbreak fury. As for the half court game, I think Wall's ability to create and get the basket would allow EWill to float in as a filler in the lane and finish off Wall's passes either in the lane or off a lob to the basket.

    Your thoughts are much appreciated.

  8. #2088
    Quote Originally Posted by NYDukie View Post
    I wanted to get away from the Duke verse Kentucky angle in the Wall saga and ask the board members who they thought would be most positively impacted by a Wall commitment, should he commit? I'm thinking EWill. Athletically, EWill and Wall would be the most equal and the thought of them on the break would be sick. On top of that, I believe their defensive pressure potential would be the spark to such a fastbreak fury. As for the half court game, I think Wall's ability to create and get the basket would allow EWill to float in as a filler in the lane and finish off Wall's passes either in the lane or off a lob to the basket.

    Your thoughts are much appreciated.
    Definitely the big men, especially the Plumlees due to their ability to run and finish hard at the rim. Penetrate, dish, and dunk. With a penetrating PG, all of our big men will finally see consistent "easy" FGs for the first time in their careers.

  9. #2089
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Nashville

    "Worldwide Wes"

    If you've read any reader comments on any of the UK articles about Wall or Bledsoe, you've no doubt seen some mention of a "Worldwide Wes" character (calling him Cal's secret weapon, his "big gun", etc.). If you've been curious who in the world they're talking about, this is a pretty interesting read on him: http://men.style.com/gq/features/full?id=content_5735

    Recruiting is just such a strange world...

  10. #2090
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    raleigh
    Quote Originally Posted by DUKIE V(A) View Post
    If we somehow end up with JWall, what would the over/under on posts in this thread before someone complained about us not getting what they deem a legit bigman? I'd put it at 3.
    i'll take the under......put me down. i'm good for it..

  11. #2091
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    San Francisco
    Quote Originally Posted by DUKIE V(A) View Post
    If we somehow end up with JWall, what would the over/under on posts in this thread before someone complained about us not getting what they deem a legit bigman? I'd put it at 3.
    Dude...unless I am misunderstanding you, the bigman complaint happened 4 posts before yours.....check out post #2084.

    Congrats to everyone on getting over 2000 posts....I think we went from @1,800 to almost 2,100 in 2 days. That's impressive. Or pathetic. Depends, I guess.

  12. #2092
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Connersville, IN
    Quote Originally Posted by Faison1 View Post
    Dude...unless I am misunderstanding you, the bigman complaint happened 4 posts before yours.....check out post #2084.

    Congrats to everyone on getting over 2000 posts....I think we went from @1,800 to almost 2,100 in 2 days. That's impressive. Or pathetic. Depends, I guess.
    Pathetically impressive?

  13. #2093
    Quote Originally Posted by DukieBoy View Post
    Pathetically impressive?
    Heavy, heavy on the pathetic!

  14. #2094
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    The Bulging Metropolis that is Canton, NC
    Quote Originally Posted by DukieBoy View Post
    Pathetically impressive?
    Impressively pathetic.

  15. #2095
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    San Francisco
    Quote Originally Posted by DukieBoy View Post
    Pathetically impressive?
    Thank you for helping me with that.....

    As I read/wade through this thread trying to find any kind of fact, or at the very least, rumor, I have started to wonder what overall direction this board is taking. Have the moderators decided to let this insanity run its course, then restore order? Or have all sane/respectable posters simply decided to stay away? Only time will tell.

    Hopefully this will all be over soon, and I pray the insanity of this thread does not trickle into other areas of a wonderful idea....that idea being the Elizabeth King Forum.

  16. #2096
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    CA
    Quote Originally Posted by ACCBBallFan View Post
    While adding John Wall would give Duke a true PG and some depth aside Jon-Nolan-Elliott, it does not solve Duke's more major problem of getting a jumbo sized productive center.

    With or without Wall, Duke's only two legitimate candidates are Miles Plumlee and Brian Zoubek. Besides being freshmen, Mason and Kelly are tall but lack weight, strength and experience. Lance is experienced but lacks height weight and strength.

    Zoubek is what he is and Jumbo's stats prove he is one of Duke's most productive +/- players a fact not immediately evident from mere observations without metrics, a case of substance over form.

    Miles appeared to have the potential at beginning of last year and for whatever reasons faded, but he could work on those deficiencies in off season.

    Realistically Mason and Ryan Kelly even on a rigorous strength and conditioning program will take a year to get up to size.

    Wall would be an improvement, but Nolan-Jon-Elliott are sufficient in a two guard set. Wall also gives coach K the flexibility to play either a two guard or a three guard set, something both practice teams cannot do with only 4 guards counting Curry unless Jordan Davidson is available.

    So adding John Wall would be an overall plus but not necessarily the silver bullet some are making him out to be. Having teammates like Jon, Kyle, Elliott, Nolan and whichever bigs surface will make Wall as productive as any other college teammates next year.

    Despite the UK Propaganda, Wall would learn more practicing daily vs. Nolan, Jon and Elliot than vs. Bledsoe who like Wall only has High School and AAU experience.
    how many jumbo size productive center's are out there available to sign with Duke?
    Plus Duke did sign Mason Plumlee. He will be the starting 5 for Duke.

    John Wall is the #1 rated point guard that is available to sign with Duke if he chooses. A point guard will never solve the problem of a center, but he does solve Duke's problem of not having a legit point guard to run Coach K system.

  17. #2097
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    CA
    Quote Originally Posted by DUKIE V(A) View Post
    If we somehow end up with JWall, what would the over/under on posts in this thread before someone complained about us not getting what they deem a legit bigman? I'd put it at 3.
    you should start a poll in a different tread. lol
    but ill say before wall even signs with duke...ala accbballfan.

  18. #2098
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Ocala, FL (formerly Black Mountain, NC)
    Quote Originally Posted by Faison1 View Post
    Thank you for helping me with that.....

    As I read/wade through this thread trying to find any kind of fact, or at the very least, rumor, I have started to wonder what overall direction this board is taking. Have the moderators decided to let this insanity run its course, then restore order? Or have all sane/respectable posters simply decided to stay away? Only time will tell.

    Hopefully this will all be over soon, and I pray the insanity of this thread does not trickle into other areas of a wonderful idea....that idea being the Elizabeth King Forum.
    I know what you mean. I think we are all just grasping at anything we can get our hands on because really, there is not much (relevant and new) public information about the situation.

  19. #2099
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    How did this get turned into the big man thread? Anyway, does anyone else think John Wall should just say the heck with it and go to Europe? I think the NBA thing has passed. Didn't underclassmem have to delcare by April 20 something anyway? I just don't care for this anymore. He has dragged this on for way too long and you know he has so much time on his hands since the basketball season ended. He doesn't do anything else in school, he's a senior. This should be plenty of time for him to sit down with his parents/coaches and at the absolute least, shorten his list. I think the truth is, he doesn't care enough. He'll put on a show and say all the right things to the right people, but at the end of the day, IMO, he could care less. He's not losing any sleep over this and saying "God help me pick the right school for me! Some people will say I don't know him and I am judging, which you could be right, but the kids that care know what is a right fit for them because they care enough to pay attention and they have a good repoire with the coaches. There is no ONE school out there for him or anyone for that matter. It's all about finding a right fit and for him, the right fit is not on a college campus. Just do us a favor John and call it a day. Go to Italy!

  20. #2100
    Quote Originally Posted by ChicagoCrazy84 View Post
    How did this get turned into the big man thread? Anyway, does anyone else think John Wall should just say the heck with it and go to Europe? I think the NBA thing has passed. Didn't underclassmem have to delcare by April 20 something anyway? I just don't care for this anymore. He has dragged this on for way too long and you know he has so much time on his hands since the basketball season ended. He doesn't do anything else in school, he's a senior. This should be plenty of time for him to sit down with his parents/coaches and at the absolute least, shorten his list. I think the truth is, he doesn't care enough. He'll put on a show and say all the right things to the right people, but at the end of the day, IMO, he could care less. He's not losing any sleep over this and saying "God help me pick the right school for me! Some people will say I don't know him and I am judging, which you could be right, but the kids that care know what is a right fit for them because they care enough to pay attention and they have a good repoire with the coaches. There is no ONE school out there for him or anyone for that matter. It's all about finding a right fit and for him, the right fit is not on a college campus. Just do us a favor John and call it a day. Go to Italy!
    I agree.

    How hard is it to at least cut your list of 8 schools down? I read somewhere that some of the schools on his list have stopped recruiting him, at least not very hard, because they know they have no realistic shot. So why does Wall still list them?

Similar Threads

  1. Mason Plumlee Collector Thread
    By watzone in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 370
    Last Post: 04-15-2009, 09:47 PM
  2. UNC Recruitment and a Roster Comparison
    By RockyMtDevil in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 47
    Last Post: 05-29-2007, 08:17 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •